News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lenstersf

Member Name: lenstersf
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beautiful in San Francisco
 Oct 10 2013, 01:07:17 AM
I watched this a couple of nights ago. I'm relatively young (mid-twenties), so I did not know anything about Carol King's life and was not familiar with many of her songs. There were many moments when I was like, "oh, I had no idea she wrote that...or that..." She is clearly a very talented and prolific songwriter. The audience mostly consisted of older individuals, and there were multiple audible "oohhs" and "ahhhs" when Mueller sang one of King's hits. So the audience was definitely into it.
PATINA MILLER
 Jun 10 2013, 02:21:22 AM
YESSSSS. Ecstatic she won.
Predict the winners of this year's Tony Awards
 Jun 7 2013, 10:42:15 AM
Best Musical: MATILDA
Best Revival of a Musical: PIPPIN
Best Book of a Musical: MATILDA
Best Original Score (Music and/or Lyrics): KINKY BOOTS
Best Orchestrations: Danny Troob, CINDERELLA
Best Choreography: Chet Walker, PIPPIN
Best Director of a Musical: Diane Paulus, PIPPIN
Best Leading Actor in a Musical: Billy Porter, KINKY BOOTS
Best Leading Actress in a Musical: Patina Miller, PIPPIN (!!!)
Best Featured Actor in a Musical: Terrence Mann, PIPPIN
Thrilling theatre moments/twists
 Jun 6 2013, 12:23:17 AM
- The Lion King - The Circle of Life...amazing opening number. Mufasa's mask scene also gives me chills every time.
- Pippin (2013 revival) - Magic to Do and the Finale
- War Horse - When foal Joey becomes adult Joey
- Marie Antoinette at the A.R.T. (Cambridge, MA, 2012) - To mark the start of the French Revolution, there's a huge crash, the windows of the palace break, and a ton of dirt falls onto the stage. Really striking and surprising.
- Next to Normal - I walked into this

How do you feel about going to the stage door?
 Jun 6 2013, 12:10:33 AM
I used to stage door after most shows, but it's been happening less often recently. It's great seeing and congratulating actors after the show, and getting a Playbill or window card signed, but I find it's not really enjoyable when there's a large crowd. I also get this feeling that once I get something signed, I want it to be as complete as possible, which then stresses me out if I'm missing a few autographs (I know...kind of strange). So, to save myself from getting that feeling, I'm now tryin
Laura Osnes or Patina Miller for the Tony
 Jun 5 2013, 12:18:51 PM
Patina Miller.
Assembled Parties student rush - when to queue up?
 May 31 2013, 06:01:34 PM
I haven't rushed this show, but have you check rush report?
http://www.broadwayspotted.com/rush-report-may-25th-2013/

For Assembled Parties:
Weekdays: 2 people in line by 9:25 AM. Weekends: 4 people in line by 9:40AM.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/26/13
 May 28 2013, 02:44:33 PM
what happened with macbeth?
Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
 May 28 2013, 01:01:52 PM
Morning Glow is changing my life right now.
Pippin Revival Cast Recording First Listen EW
 May 28 2013, 11:20:12 AM
This just made my day. It sounds great.
Preview and Post Opening Pippin Critiques
 May 28 2013, 10:14:18 AM
^ Also at least one of the ensemble players...Greg Arsenal posted on his twitter account that he would be in NY for 6 months starting in March. He seems to be part of a smaller acrobatic troupe (Yannick, Lolita, Philip), so wouldn't be surprised if the same holds true for them. Hopefully they'll extend their contracts though.
 May 28 2013, 12:18:23 AM
Just see it in the next few months before there are cast changes/replacements. These actors have been working on this project for a long time now, and their commitment to each other and to the show is palpable.
Pippin Rush
 May 28 2013, 12:04:38 AM
I wouldn't go as far as calling him a psychopath, but definitely unusual and somewhat excessively obsessive. Meh...It's ultimately his time and money, so whatever.

Good luck with the rush tickets. I saw the show last Friday, and when I walked into the theatre at 7:45pm, there SRO line was formed, but tickets weren't being sold yet...I believe there was a single ticket unsold. The view from the back of the orchestra would be awesome though.

Pippin Rush
 May 27 2013, 11:59:41 PM
^ yes

May 27 2013, 11:03:33 AM
I watched the show on Friday night after having seen it a few times at the A.R.T. There were many changes made in Act II, fewer in Act I. In general, the cast was phenomenal, especially Patina Miller. She's giving a fantastic performance, and I really think she deserves a lot of recognition for what she's doing up there.

Some changes I noticed:
-Orgy scene - new costumes, much more of a dominatrix feel than before
-The table walking only with a pair of legs...not sure how that'

Pippin: First Row Partial View
 May 17 2013, 11:10:13 AM
Seriously, I am surprised by the degree of negativity and doubtfulness from some posters. Completely agree with FindingNamo. There is no need to take ARTc's experience so personally.
A.R.T.'s Menagerie?
 May 17 2013, 10:08:22 AM
The stage was quite low at the A.R.T. I sat in the third row orchestra, and this was perfect. I highly recommend sitting close to the stage. There are only four actors and most of the action takes place center stage. This is most evident in the second act, when Laura and Jim are seated in the middle of the stage for a good 20 minutes.
Pippin: First Row Partial View
 May 17 2013, 10:04:13 AM
That really sucks...In another post, someone mentioned they offered booster seats for people in the front row. Was this an option?
Patina MIller Out of Pippin Tonight Stephanie Pope in
 May 5 2013, 02:15:24 PM
Stephanie must have gone through some crazy boot camp in the past 48-72 hrs. Glad to hear she's playing the role well.
Trip to Bountiful: Falling Scenery!!
 May 5 2013, 02:01:24 PM
I was also in the audience last night, seated in the middle of the orchestra. The actors handled it fairly well, but it did interfere with the mood a little bit...it happened during the transition to the Bountiful set, so what was supposed to be a "wow, I finally made it to my home" moment became "what just happened? what fell? Is anything else going to fall?" moment. I was quite nervous during the first 10-15 mins of the scene because the entire elevated set was bobbing up and down slightly for
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You