News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bohemianqueen

bohemianqueen Profile Photo
Member Name: bohemianqueen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Help with Musical Libretto Choices
 Jul 16 2010, 09:49:26 PM
Hi,

I don't know if this response is too late or not, but if you are choosing between 2 libretto's - buy the one you are most likely to use, whether it be now or sometime in the future. It's all well and good to have a collection of sheet music, but what's the point if they are going to sit on a shelf and collect dust and not be used - it would be a real shame. So buy the music you will use the most:).

I hope this helps:)

Red, Red Rose
 Jul 12 2010, 09:32:09 PM
Hi,

does anyone know where I could get the sheet music to 'Red, Red Rose' - music by Paul Alan Johnson from the 1996 musical 'Red,Red Rose' which was sung by John Barrowman on the 'Musical of the Year - Musical Winners 1996' album and also his 'Reflections on Broadway' album? I would like this to be one of the songs to be sung at my wedding reception in November and having trouble tracking it dow, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative:)

T

re: Gypsy Rush Line Question
 May 26 2008, 11:42:16 PM
thanks for that!! so it's not as busy then? When I was here last year I had to get there for 7am (Spring Awakening, Legally Blonde etc..) to get a ticket - would be nice to sleep in a bit this time:)
Gypsy Rush Line Question
 May 26 2008, 11:37:45 PM
Just wondering what the rush line for Gypsy is like at the moment?? I am planning on trying for later this week, can anyone recommend what time I get there? Is it busy at the moment?

Thanks!

re: Priscilla Lopez Interview!
 May 14 2008, 03:56:56 AM
no worries:)
Priscilla Lopez Interview!
 May 13 2008, 11:02:35 PM
Great Priscilla Lopez interview! Enjoy!

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_pSsSNt8Qg&feature=related

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1AcE3kEL-s

re: Eden as Eva Peron
 May 8 2008, 10:37:06 PM
Eden was actually in the running for 'Evita' in London a couple of years ago, they flew her over for the auditions, and she got to the final 3.
re: One Song from forgotten musical
 May 8 2008, 02:40:30 AM
'As Time Goes By' from the 1931 musical 'Everybody's Welcome'....long before Casablanca came along!
Billy Porter
 Apr 29 2008, 02:59:12 AM
Hi,

I have been trying to look at Billy Porter's website for a few weeks now and it seems to be down. Does anyone know if he will be doing any shows or anything in NYC in the next few months or know where I could find out? I am a huge fan and would love to catch a gig if possible.

Thanks

:)

re: Coffee Table Books
 Apr 28 2008, 11:39:02 AM
There is also one on CATS!
re: Young Frankenstein Cast
 Apr 25 2008, 11:10:39 PM
Thank you 'wickedrocks' and 'jakethesnake'!

As to 'where have you been' not everyone on this site lives in America or spends all their time on it. I have been in the process of moving back to Australia from London and have had other priorities - not that I should have to justify - I should be able to post any question about shows I would like to have an answer to without people being rude!

Thank you to the others.

Young Frankenstein Cast
 Apr 25 2008, 10:57:31 PM
Hi,

I am arriving in New York on May 20 and was wondering if there was going to be a cast change for 'Young Frankenstein' before then? Is it still the original cast at the moment (sorry a bit out of the loop).

re: Cloris Leachman was Mary Martin's understudy in SOUTH PACIFIC...
 Apr 15 2008, 11:30:23 PM
shesamarshmallow - read IBDB properly. The dates it gives are the dates for the PRODUCTION of ACL not how long Karen Ziemba was in the show, otherwise that would indicate she was in the show for 15 years. Also beside the roles she played it clearly states 'replacement' supporting what Brody has said.
re: AADA
 Mar 12 2008, 02:32:28 AM
Thank you all for your responses, I will definately pass this on the family. It's great to have varying opinions for them to look at from - a good overall picture, that you don't get from a website advertising the school, and there is a lot for them to consider with such a big move!

I really appreciate all your help!

re: AADA
 Mar 11 2008, 10:24:42 AM
Thanks a bunch!

I have tried to outline this to them as well, also coming from Oz and going to study anywhere overseas is a lot harder, but nice to also have some feedback from ppl who have first hand knowledge. I think this girl who wants to go auditioned for them in Sydney last year and now has stars in her eyes without knowing the reality of t all but thanks again!

If anyone else reading this has anymore to add I would be grateful - the more I can give to her family the bett

AADA
 Mar 11 2008, 08:04:20 AM
Hi!

I have posted this on the Student and Off-Topic Boards but also wanted to post this here in case there is someone who doesn't read the other boards that can help me!

A friend of a friend here in Oz is thinking about auditioning for AADA in New York but doesn't know a lot about it! I have given her family the website link, told her the difficulties living on the other side of the world (especially all of the costs) but they want to know from the point of view if a stude

re: Musicals Suck??
 Mar 4 2008, 08:50:05 PM
shouldn't that read VCA not VAC???

re: Follies: Melbourne Australia
 Mar 4 2008, 08:42:49 PM
Phillip Quast is based in London now, and I as much as I am sure he would come back to Oz to do a show, I doubt it would be for a short run show like the Production Company does.

re: Chatterbox
 Feb 28 2008, 08:17:53 PM
Thank you so much!
Chatterbox
 Feb 28 2008, 03:09:12 AM
Firstly, I am sorry if this question has been asked before.

I am not going to be in NYC til May but am planning to go to a couple sessions of 'Chatterbox' at 'Don't Tell Mama's' and was wondering what it is like to get tickets? Is it best to book in advance? Does it sell out or could I turn up early and still get a ticket?

I know it probably varies depending on the guests, but I was wondering if anyone knew what it was like on average!

Thanks a bunch!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You