News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BWFan101

BWFan101 Profile Photo
Member Name: BWFan101
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Free ticket tonight Giacomo Variation with John Malkovich
 Jun 1 2013, 03:43:53 PM
I can't make tonight's (June 1st) performance at NY city center. One ticket -- row B, orchestra. If anyone wants to go, just let me know!
Have you seen any of these shows?
 May 30 2013, 05:23:54 PM
I have seen We Will Rock You in London quite some time ago. The story is ridiculous...it makes Mamma Mia look genius. But (if you like Queen), the music is great. I would like to see it again, because at the time I wasn't really familiar with Queen.
Tony Awards Dress Code for Girls
 May 26 2013, 07:38:34 PM
Also, I like googling pics from prior years to see what the stars wore. Many ladies wore shorter dresses, so I don't think floor length is necessary. Ballet flats are pretty easy to pack (def avoid sneakers). Don't stress about it though. It's just a fun evening. The last time I was there, the lobby was so crowded, you couldn't appreciate what anyone was wearing!
Phantom: Should I see it in London or New York?
 May 22 2013, 10:32:28 PM
I've seen many phantoms, and I have to say, I just didn't like Hugh Panaro. A lot of people rave about him, but he sounded like Rick Moranis to me. The only time that I saw him perform was at the 25th anniversary -- almost back row of the balcony. The lack of oxygen at that altitude could have caused me some brain damage or something?? I think either city would be ok. If you're planning on seeing other shows, I'd check to see how Phantom fits in and go from there. Also, I saw TdV in Vienna
For those of you who live in the city, do you see EVERY show?
 May 20 2013, 09:13:23 PM
I usually see most, but not all shows. Either I'm not interested or it closes too fast.
Theater Night: Vigilantes 1, Vulgarians 0
 May 17 2013, 09:04:39 PM
Dress code doesn't really bother me. Personally, I'd never wear jeans to the theater, but that's just me. I haven't had a lot of issues with people and cell phones, surprisingly. The one thing that does bother me are the people who need to eat and drink during a performance. Seriously, they can't make it 2 1/2 hours without shoving M&Ms down their gullet? Plus, this new sippy cup trend is very annoying. At least Broadway doesn't offer Ben and Jerry's like the London theaters do.
Neil Patrick Harris to Host Tony Awards
 May 10 2013, 07:41:19 PM
Neil Patrick Harris -- the epitome of douchery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8cmICpJMb0

Neil Patrick Harris to Host Tony Awards
 May 9 2013, 06:48:12 PM
Seriously, is there no one else?
Lack of interest this season?
 May 2 2013, 07:22:50 PM
The problem for me this season was no Rebecca!
Best Broadway Flea Market find?
 Apr 29 2013, 09:05:47 PM
My favorite "find" is the mask from the 10,000 performance of Phantom.

I can't wait for September!

Rocky to take the Winter Garden
 Apr 29 2013, 07:16:32 PM
The Rocky IV soundtrack is one of my favorite albums of all time! If the show includes all of those songs, I'd love it. But I guess I could just go see Survivor perform instead.
Anne Hathaway to Make Broadway Debut as Sally Bowles
 Apr 25 2013, 11:29:23 PM
I was really hoping Alan Cumming was eluding to Threepenny Opera!
Best show logos/artwork....
 Apr 25 2013, 09:40:29 PM
Bat Boy the Musical
When was the last time a Broadway star became a film star?
 Apr 25 2013, 02:10:19 PM
Eddie Redmayne?

Neve Campbell??

Going to shows alone
 Apr 20 2013, 07:38:02 PM
I go to shows alone all the time. I prefer it! I think I would probably feel uncomfortable in theaters outside of NYC, though.
One Man Othello coming to Broadway
 Apr 18 2013, 11:03:19 PM
Finally! I waited my entire life for this show!!! Any word on rush tickets?
Here's to the BOY TOYS of Broadway!
 Apr 18 2013, 08:54:45 PM
Billy Magnussen is a total dreamboat!
Chenoweth -- 88 Pounds??
 Apr 18 2013, 08:44:14 PM
Disneybroadwayfan -- unless your head is filled with helium, you should really consider having a cheese burger....and fries!
Changes to The Assembled Parties
 Apr 18 2013, 08:37:42 PM
A line that "referenced Boston" was cut. I guess that means Jez Butterworth has to come up with a new title for Jerusalem!
Weird Foreign Script On BWW Page
 Apr 17 2013, 08:58:17 PM
I see that too! Right under Ticket Central -- 8 lines of Asian text.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You