News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KC91WFU

Member Name: KC91WFU
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

General reminder: Hamilton ticket scams  Oct 27 2015, 11:14:38 PM

I had a problem with the Ticketmaster resale last night.  Purchased one set of tickets and got another.  Not really bad seats but not the ones I selected and paid a small fortune for. Called customer service and they were completely unapologetic and had no solution. They said I must have selected the seats that I received and suggested that I must not buy tickets very often. (I guess they couldn't see my history.) Anyway, be careful with it if you use it. It might be s

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want  Aug 14 2015, 06:53:42 AM

Billy Elliot Broadway Cast with Trent Kowalik or Giuseppe Bausillo 

Hedwig with Andrew Rannells  ( In my opinion his vocal performance was one of the best)

Has anyone been to multiple performances of a play on or off-Broadway?  Jul 11 2015, 10:58:48 AM

I think I saw Billy Elliot 70 times or more before it closed.  I saw Next To Normal at least five or six times. Hedwig eleven times.  Book of Mormon seventeen I think, and many others multiple times.  I love shows that run a long time and have lots of replacements. I like seeing what different actors do with the role. Billy Elliot was especially cool that way.  The show was almost a different show with a different Billy or Mrs. Wilkinson.

Billy Elliott  Jul 5 2015, 09:03:20 AM

I agree that Solidarity is one of the best production numbers to drive a complicated plot that I have ever seen.  I also did not like some of the choices that they made with regard to Michael. Although I know it is there to lighten the mood for a moment, the whole dancing dresses thing did not resonate with me. I kept seeing Elton John in the duck suit in my mind. I also did not care for that goofy scene with Jackie and the Posh Dad at the Royal Ballet Theater. The second half is slow, a

Imperial Theatre ushers  May 25 2015, 10:31:49 PM

The lady usher at Hedwig (I think her name is Annie) is almost as entertaining as the show.  Few shenanigans are going down on her watch.

These are the people that make me angry  Jan 28 2015, 09:32:11 PM
I was in the third row of a performance, and a lady and her teen were sitting behind me. The teen had one of those plastic baby dolls for school (they have a parenting class and have to take this "baby" home and manage it for a weekend). These dolls are programmed to loudly cry and raise hell at random times. It is supposed to deter pregnancy. (???) Anyway, the darned thing went off halfway through the first act, and they actually tried to manage it from their seats. Unbelievable.
Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread  Jan 28 2015, 09:22:45 PM
A comment regarding Whizzer's post above and the statement that Andrew Rannells and Michael C Hall stuck to the script more than JCM. Do you think that is because JCM has the rights and can basically alter anything he wants? I have an acquaintance who was in another broadway show, and he said he could get in trouble for going off book, as in possibly get fired. He isn't a big star though. I saw Andrew Rannells several times, and he had several different jokes that varied in the different perfor
PIPPIN Movie Cast  Dec 30 2014, 06:26:54 PM
Taran Killam as Pippin.
Really Crappy Lyrics  Nov 24 2014, 09:53:59 PM
From Lysistrata Jones "When She Smiles":

This won't be another road that I didn't take
Not another day with the same mistake
Not another cake that I didn't bake
Not another Snow White that I didn't wake

Best show now  Oct 18 2014, 04:34:30 PM
I would say Hedwig based on seeing Hedwig, but I didn't see Michael C Hall yet. I have heard he is having some trouble negotiating the heels and audio I have heard sounded a little pitch challenged...but I think that review was from the first night.

Second, Gentleman's Guide. I even saw the understudy and thought it was fantastic. You can't really go wrong with that!

Third, Book of Mormon while Nic Rouleau is still playing Elder Price.

A warning about Matilda...they

First show seen on broadway?  Sep 16 2014, 10:54:27 PM
Billy Elliot with Trent Kowalik as Billy. I will never forget that performance.
Worst performers ever  Sep 9 2014, 09:24:03 PM
Emily Skinner was terrible in Billy Elliot. Terrible. Zero chemistry with anybody. Horrible comic timing.
Bridges of Madison County Vocal Selections  Aug 31 2014, 12:28:59 AM
The last couple of sheet music books that I have bought have not had guitar chords (Big Fish being one). If that is important to you, you may want to investigate that before you buy it.
Bring Gavin Creel back to Broadway  Aug 29 2014, 06:08:17 PM
I love Gavin Creel, but I thought he was miscast in Book of Mormon. His voice was stunning, but he just wasn't funny. I didn't expect him to imitate Andrew Rannells, but his interpretation was just flat. Perhaps it changed over time. I saw him when the tour launched in Denver.
Worst broadway shows you've seen  Aug 14 2014, 09:47:55 PM
Matilda
Crazy for You
Elf
Phantom of the Opera
Nobody Loves You (excluding Rory O Malley's performance)
Jesus Christ Superstar

Pippin Tour cast  Jul 30 2014, 09:46:08 PM
Isn't Billy Tighe doing Book of Mormon in London? Unless it is a really short engagement he won't be on the Pippin tour anytime soon....although I read somewhere his wife is playing Katherine on the tour. That would be convenient. Maybe their dog could get a spot too!

re: Actors that phoned in their performance  Jul 28 2014, 07:33:40 PM
Emily Skinner in Billy Elliot. I saw her performance a few times. She consistently phoned it in with what sounded like a Russian accent.
re: Best Stage Door Experiences  Jul 27 2014, 10:37:35 PM
I had seen Corbin Bleu in In The Heights, but I went to the stage door to get an autograph for my niece and nephew. I was alone, and I asked just to take a picture of him. He allowed me to do that, and then he asked one of the other fans to take a picture of him and me. I certainly would not have bothered him to do that. He was very nice and gracious.

I also was treated very kindly by Giuseppe Bausillo at Newsies. A friend of mine had arranged a backstage tour as a birthday present. He

Backpack during show?  Jul 27 2014, 10:02:25 PM
If the theater won't check your bag, I have had no problems checking my bag at the Crowne Plaza, The Marriott Marquis or the Westin. You just give the attendant a nice tip, and they don't seem to care if you stay there or not. I have never had any problems.
Audra McDonald reveals past suicide attempt  Jul 27 2014, 10:56:31 AM
best12bars, I took that comment as supportive. The musical theater opportunity was a less stressful way of continuing to develop as a performer while continuing to heal. I'm not saying that a tour isn't a bunch of hard work and long hours, but the expectations are clear. If you deliver, you get a pat on the back and a paycheck. The final year of a music program like Julliard is pretty intense and demanding. The expectations there are huge and kind of open ended. Then there is the constant compe
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You