News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mrsparker

Member Name: mrsparker
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Russell Nype
 Nov 6 2006, 01:01:09 PM
Someone on the board recently named Golidlocks with Elaine Stritch as their favorite musical and mentioned that Russell Nype won a Tony for the show. He was such a terrific performer, so likeable in everything he did! He also won a Tony for Call Me Madam, but lost the film role to Donald O'Connor. Does anyone know what he's doing now? Why wasn't he honored as a past Tony winner at the recent event?
Scene in COMPANY
 Nov 6 2006, 12:34:53 PM
Somehow I don't remember the homosexuality discussion scene between Peter and Robert being in the'95 Roundabout production or the Kennedy Center production with John Barrowman. Is it a new scene added for the Doyle version or is my memory just bad?
Anyone else seeing COMPANY tonight?
 Nov 4 2006, 03:38:04 PM
My husband and I are just getting ready to leave...making the drive from Philly. We're in Orchestra C 111 and 112. If anyone wants to compare notes in the lobby at intermission, I am wearing rimless glasses, black sweater and jeans. He's wearing a gray corduroy shirt and jeans.
Anyone else seeing COMPANY tonight?
 Nov 4 2006, 03:32:12 PM
My husband and I are just getting ready to leave...making the drive from Philly. We're in Orchestra C 111 and 112. If anyone wants to compare notes in the lobby at intermission, I am wearing rimless glasses, black sweater and jeans. He's wearing a gray corduroy shirt and jeans.
re: Respected singers whose voices grate your nerves
 Sep 11 2006, 04:48:39 PM
To the person who said Betty Buckley, THANK YOU. Her voice sounds positively metallic to me.
re: Legends- the play
 Sep 11 2006, 10:00:46 AM
I'd go and see it just for the reason that Tonye Patano, Heylia from "Weeds," is in it!
re: Bebe Neuwirth to be Roxie Hart!
 Sep 6 2006, 12:08:34 PM
I think it's pretty interesting casting and it WILL sell tix. But I agree that Bebe lacks warmth. The characters she typically plays are not warm and fuzzy and therefore she is effective. But as a concert performer, she is pretty one-dimensional and doesn't do much to establish a rapport with her audience. Her voice lacks range, too, and listening to her becomes a monotonous exercise. I want very badly to like her, but it is that very lack of perceived warmth that never gets me to the next level
re: The Seduction of Sheila Valentine
 Aug 21 2006, 09:25:45 AM
I saw it and the premise is very, very clever. Yes, the Philly actors were excellent, particularly the actress who plays Linda Eder's rival, Rosalind. Whoever ultimately gets cast in that role is going to walk away with the show, regardless of how great Linda sings.

Linda's role of Irene Fontaine needs BIG-TIME development. Between songs, she's just not a particularly interesting character. There isn't enough backstory on her character, unlike Rosalind, whose whole backstory is one of t

re: Philly Pops with O'Hara and Lazar
 Aug 11 2006, 10:40:45 AM
They were awesome together last night. You could tell that Aaron and Kelli were a little unsure of the stage protocol with Peter Nero, but it was kind of cute. They didn't know if they were "allowed" to speak to the audience between numbers. I mean, it's clear when you see Nero on stage with the Pops that it's HIS show and he's in charge. He did not really engage either of them, so they pretty much came on and off stage in turn and together when they did the duets. They both were in excellent vo
re: Philly Pops with O'Hara and Lazar
 Aug 10 2006, 02:52:16 PM
My husband and I are going. The Mann is five minutes from our house. Right now it is raining...glad our tix are under cover!
Linda Eder's look
 Aug 9 2006, 01:31:11 PM
I am a huge fan of Linda's and I am going to see her reading of Sheila Valentine on the 19th. Each time I see her, though, she looks like a different person entirely. Comments?
re: Have you ever...
 Jul 31 2006, 04:35:40 PM
I have a Playbill from a touring production of Fiddler with Theodore Bikel that I saw when I was on a trip to Hawaii with my parents in 1969 (I was 10 and have every program and every Playbill from every show I've seen from then on). Right there in the cast bios and photos is a very young Judy Kaye as Hodel.

Also I have my Playbill from Barnum from '73 or '74 with Glenn Close as Barnum's wife, Charity.

re: Who I think should be cast as a replacement in Rent, Wicked, and more
 Jul 30 2006, 10:32:21 AM
Katie Clarke as Glinda? Hmmm. Actually that would be REALLY interesting! It would be a leap, but I think she could pull it off! I think we're going to see some surprising things from her.
re: Wildhorn engaged.
 Jul 29 2006, 09:20:07 AM
Craig Wollman is a voice-over artist based in New York. He has done narration for programs on Animal Planet, which may be how Linda met him...or she may have helped him get the work from her own Animal Planet "Trail Mix" connections.
Feinstein and Eder - WOW
 Jul 26 2006, 09:11:59 AM
Last night my husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary by going to see Michael Feinstein and Linda Eder perform together at the Mann Music Center in Philadelphia. What an awesome evening it was. Although Michael's voice loses its nuance when he belts upbeat tunes, he lent just the right amount of balance to the stunning range and versatility of Linda's beautiful voice. Can't remember a more throughly entertaining, satisfying evening. Anyone else have a chance to see them on their "Two for t
re: The Rothschilds
 Jul 19 2006, 02:41:19 PM
I saw a production of this show in the early 70s at the old Valley Forge Music Fair outside Philadelphia. I still have the souvenir program book. It starred operatic tenor(?) Jan Peerce, the late Geraldine Brooks and a VERY young Gary Beach.
re: Have you ever...
 Jun 23 2006, 01:32:16 PM
I've walked out of two shows. The first was a national touring company of "Meet Me in St. Louis" at the Wilmington Playhouse in Delaware. It just didn't work and was just too painful to sit through. The second time was a Broadway preview of "Jane Eyre." A few weeks later, after it had opened, a friend "surprised" me with tickets to see it. I went again because I didn't want to hurt her feelings and was pleasantly surprised to find that the show had been "fixed"! It is now one of my favorite show
re: Piazza Storyline.. kinda wierd
 Jun 20 2006, 12:33:23 PM
On the original cast album, Margaret begins explaining the injury by saying, "When Clara was 12..." In the actual show, she says Clara was 10 when she was kicked by the pony. Anyone else catch that?
re: What's next for Piazza's Katie Clarke?
 Jun 19 2006, 03:24:30 PM
I saw her in Piazza in December and her weight was fine. The televised production last week did make her look heavier. In fact, I was kind of surprised at just how MUCH heavier she looked on TV. I guess she just has one of those bodies that isn't necessarily made for TV!
What's next for Piazza's Katie Clarke?
 Jun 19 2006, 08:46:54 AM
Anyone know? Such a fairy tale beginning to her professional career. I'm surprised she's not touring as Clara. I wonder if she was even considered.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You