News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sisterberthe

sisterberthe Profile Photo
Member Name: sisterberthe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Little moments in showtunes that sound great when played backwards
 Jul 24 2006, 11:47:04 PM
Yero, you want to hear something really freaky? "Play The Ballad of Sweeney Todd" backwards...
re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members
 Jul 11 2006, 11:38:40 PM
At Gypsy, the girl in front of me was crying through all of Rose's Turn because she thought Bernadette Peters was going to strip.

A girl walking past a sign for Les Mis: Oh, my school did that last year. It's some Spanish musical.

re: Gypsy, the best musical of all time?
 May 26 2006, 10:41:23 PM
*Sorry for the double post*
 May 26 2006, 10:38:58 PM
Well, I think that Gypsy is spectacular. Although, I must admit that I was forced into going to see this show. I complained the entire way there because I didn't want to see a musical about a stripper, but Gypsy has become one of my favorite shows. In light of that, I'm not fond of the OBC. In my opinion, Gypsy is amazing because of Bernadette Peters (Revival cast-2003). I rushed to buy the CD after the show so that I could get BP to autograph it. Mama Rose is such an interesting character-espe
 May 26 2006, 10:38:57 PM
Well, I think that Gypsy is spectacular. Although, I must admit that I was forced into going to see this show. I complained the entire way there because I didn't want to see a musical about a stripper, but Gypsy has become one of my favorite shows. In light of that, I'm not fond of the OBC. In my opinion, Gypsy is amazing because of Bernadette Peters (Revival cast-2003). I rushed to buy the CD after the show so that I could get BP to autograph it. Mama Rose is such an interesting character-espe
First show EVER
 May 26 2006, 10:23:48 PM
Thoroughly Modern Millie
re: Finish the broadway show song lyrics
 May 26 2006, 10:20:27 PM
Allegro?

I like to know how you come to feel
you know so much about what is real,
sitting safe and high and pretty,
way up north in New York City!
I'd like to know!

re: Last 10 Shows You've Seen
 May 5 2006, 08:51:22 AM
1. Aida
2. Spelling Bee
3. Phantom of the Opera
4. Light in the Piazza
5. Sweeney Todd
6. Woman in White
7. Sound of Music
8. Sound of Music
9. Sound of Music
10. Into the Woods

Pirates of Penzance question...
 Mar 23 2006, 04:53:02 PM
My history teacher loves Gilbert and Sullivan and he decided it would be a great learning experience (ha) if we watched Pirates of Penzance. So I was wondering what theater the show was performed at. The cast was:

Kevin Kline .... Pirate King
Angela Lansbury .... Ruth
Linda Ronstadt .... Mabel
George Rose .... Maj. Gen. Stanley
Rex Smith .... Frederic
Thank you!

re: Favorite Soliloquy
 Mar 13 2006, 11:37:18 PM
"Twin Soliloquies", South Pacific
re: stunning broadway stars?
 Mar 13 2006, 11:33:33 PM
HARRY CONNICK JR.!!!!!!
Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Feb 13 2006, 07:35:44 PM
-The Producers is the worst show ever! I don't think it's funny at all.

-And although it defeats the purpose of this board to agree with someone, I agree with BroadwayBettini about Bernadette Peters. She is the best performer I have ever seen.

re: Shows where you know the script from start to finish
 Feb 13 2006, 07:17:23 PM
Cinderella (school show)...

I could possibly do Rent or Jekyll and Hyde, but definitely all of Gypsy.

re: Songs from musicals that are SO good, you'd consider having a gender op
 Feb 13 2006, 07:09:11 PM
"Alas For You": Godspell
"Confrontation": Jekyll and Hyde*
"The Schmuel Song": The Last Five Years
"A Miracle Would Happen": The Last Five Years
"If I Didn't Believe in You": The Last Five Years*
"Il Mondo Era Vuoto": The Light in the Piazza
"Hey There": PJ Game
"One Song Glory": Rent
"Halloween": Rent
"I'll Cover You REPRISE": Rent*
"Goodbye Love": Rent (Roger)
"Speed Test": Thoroughly Modern Millie
"30/90": tick, tick, BOOM!
"Point of No Retu

re: The Woman in White to Play Final Broadway Performance on Sunday, Februa
 Feb 6 2006, 06:07:58 PM
And sorry this is on here three times...my computer sucks...
 Feb 6 2006, 05:58:45 PM
Ok, I have a question. So I'm going to New York with my family and we're arriving on the 19th (lucky me!). Anywho my dad is the kind of person who likes to buy our tickets about 20 minutes before going to the show (he did make an exception for Wicked), but I'm kind of worried that by the time we get to NY on the 19th, the tickets to Woman in White will be sold out. Do you think so? Should we order the tickets or will there still be tickets for sale?
 Feb 6 2006, 05:58:44 PM
Ok, I have a question. So I'm going to New York with my family and we're arriving on the 19th (lucky me!). Anywho my dad is the kind of person who likes to buy our tickets about 20 minutes before going to the show (he did make an exception for Wicked), but I'm kind of worried that by the time we get to NY on the 19th, the tickets to Woman in White will be sold out. Do you think so? Should we order the tickets or will there still be tickets for sale?
 Feb 6 2006, 05:57:54 PM
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You