News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WickedLauren

WickedLauren Profile Photo
Member Name: WickedLauren
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Spring Awakening Weekend Student Rush
 Jan 27 2007, 11:14:55 AM
I just did rush today, and I was about #30 in line. I got there at 8:45. The person behind me got the last pair of tickets for the evening show.
re: PIRATE QUEEN CASTCOM NY: UPDATED 1/26
 Jan 26 2007, 02:47:32 PM
Thanks for posting! I'll be excited to see these again, I've missed them. And it looks like they've scripted these sneak peaks with all of them - how cute are they standing next to the posters and signs outside~ especially Hadley.

re: PIRATE QUEEN- the great and not so great
 Oct 25 2006, 11:15:00 AM
Kenny, thanks for the report on the show! I agree with just about everything you said, so many wonderful things about this show, but still alot that could be better. I saw it last weekend and an excited to see how much the show changes once it gets to NYC.
re: Pirate Queen Merchandise
 Oct 18 2006, 02:25:00 PM
Nope, no rush or lottery in Chicago. No idea for NYC. The theater was very full when I saw it.
 Oct 18 2006, 02:20:38 PM
Oh and I just noticed there are 2 shirtless guys in the first picture, and they're like that for the whole opening number, pretty awesome stuff.
 Oct 18 2006, 02:19:11 PM
Yay for pictures of the show. I saw it this weekend, and the first picture is from the opening number, "All Aboard". The lighting is brighter on stage, highlighting Dubhdara, really cool opening image. The one of Stephanie and Hadley looks like its from "Here on this Night", and they are soooo good together in this number.

Like Popular said, more pictures!!!!

re: To see Pirate Queen or Not to see Pirate Queen
 Oct 16 2006, 10:50:10 AM
I'd definitely see it both places, in fact, I'm doing just that. I saw it this weekend, and I loved it. There are definitely things that need to be changed, but hey, that's what previews are for! It's got a beautiful score, IMO, and the cast is sensational.
re: A Chorus Line & Grey Gardens Rush or Lotto?
 Oct 8 2006, 07:07:30 PM
I saw Grey Gardens on Friday night with a student rush ticket. They are the regular $25 in the front row. I was able to get the ticket around 5:30 for an 8pm show. Ebersole is brilliant, so if you can get the student ticket, definitely do. They also have balcony seats for $36, although they're listed as partial view. They are at the very top of the theater, and you get an almost birds eye view of the stage. I wouldn't recommend these seats because you miss alot of the facial expressions.
re: Pirate Queen Castcom Discussion Thread (Exclusive sneak peak!)
 Oct 4 2006, 11:27:01 AM
They just posted the castcoms from last night post-show, and the cast and crew looked like they were on cloud nine. What a wonderful feeling to get through the first preview! They showed some of the audience reaction and stage door, and it looks like it was a madhouse. It's great to see!
re: PIRATE QUEEN 1st preview- I couldn't wait
 Oct 4 2006, 11:24:57 AM
Queen-absolutely wonderful review. I was hesitant to open the thread since I'm seeing the show next weekend and didn't want to read any spoilers, but this was great. Have a wonderful time at the show tonight.
 Oct 3 2006, 01:30:27 PM
I was confused too, but it says that it's live now, even though we're getting video clips. It seems they have a different meaning for the word "live". I imagine they'll be filming like crazy today and will put it on the site starting tomorrow.
 Oct 2 2006, 05:16:20 PM
Just posted in the news section...

"Beginning Wednesday, October 4th, The Pirate Queen castcom® will present a series of videos chronicling the day’s activity at the world premiere performance on Tuesday, October 3rd. Tune in to see the cast and crew prepare for and react to their first preview performance of Boublil & Schönberg’s The Pirate Queen."

How much fun!

re: Who Is Excited To Hear About The First 'Pirate Queen' Preview?
 Oct 2 2006, 09:55:42 AM
I know the excitement in the Palace is going to be amazing. What a wonderful experience for everyone in the audience who get to see this show on its first night.

I'm seeing it in a couple of weeks, and I cannot wait!

Oct 2 2006, 09:53:56 AM
I love that we got to see some of the costumes, and I have to say, Marcus Chait looks mighty good in his costume. I knew I would love this show, tons of guys!!!
re: 'A Chorus Line' RUSH
 Sep 30 2006, 10:09:45 PM
I tried last night for SRO, and I got there around 5:30pm. They had already sold the SRO tickets. I asked the guy at the box office and he told me they sell SRO when they get word to sell them, no certain time. I got kind of frustrated with him because I kept asking him for clarification and he just kept saying they were sold out.
re: PIRATE QUEEN- Complete Cast Recording-Petition
 Sep 30 2006, 04:18:23 PM
Good point! I didn't think of that.
re: PIRATE QUEEN- Complete Cast Recording-Petition
 Sep 30 2006, 03:50:58 PM
Based on the other cast recordings from Boublil and Schonberg, I bet we'll get the whole thing. How else would they decide to cut songs from the recording since it's completely sung through?
 Sep 30 2006, 03:49:12 PM
Looks like Steph and Hadley have no fun together Should make for great chemistry onstage.
 Sep 29 2006, 04:57:10 PM
I wonder how long they'll do the castcoms. It would be interesting if it went all the way through the preview run in Chicago to hear how they're changing it based on audience reactions and such.
 Sep 28 2006, 03:31:02 PM
Ohhh, how fun if they do the castcom with backstage stuff.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You