News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DirectorHaley

DirectorHaley Profile Photo
Member Name: DirectorHaley
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: any news on jerry springer the musical?
 Dec 30 2006, 01:02:59 PM
I talked to the original producer (who holds/guards the rights) about Jerry a couple months ago... they're trying to raise regional interest across the US. So far, Bailiwick Rep and Playhouse on the Square in Memphis, Tennessee have the first productions. I believe others are in the works. The *plan* is to get enough attention on the show, and they're still aiming for Broadway. I was conversing with the producer and the authors about getting the rights to produce it Off-Broadway (which I think a
re: WONDERFUL TOWN tour: Anyone Seen It?
 Dec 20 2006, 05:09:46 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but my friend is one of the dance captains, and she's great... and her pictures of the show look great. Rentboy, I know you already got picked on a little so I won't add, but it has nothing to do with 42nd St... at all. It's not my favorite show ever or anything, but it's a sweet story about two sisters who move from small-town Ohio to the big city, one to be an actress, and the other to be a writer. A bunch of great songs, funny lyrics, some wacky dance numbers, and colorfu
re: Audience Coughing!?!? Am I crazy or justfibiably frustrated.
 Nov 27 2006, 06:09:27 PM
Since we're on the subject,just out of curiosity, when an actor /actress is performing onstage, and suppose they themselves have a sudden 'coughing spell' or maybe start having a sudden 'sneezing fit' do they keep performing, or does someone else take over for them?

funny story... when I was maybe 8 or 9 years old, I saw Sound of Music in Boston, a big production at the Wang Center. the curtain opens to the set of the hilltop with Maria standing there, embracing the world... and

re: 'Evil Dead: The Musical'
 Oct 10 2006, 08:19:53 PM
I'd say see the movies if you can (they're awesome and hilarious, a must for any lover of camp), but I think you could still have a good time not knowing them, considering it's really just a parody of the standard zombie/demon/slasher/abandoned-cabin-in-the-woods formula. there are lots of specific references to the films, but luckily both the source material and the musical are just plain funny. if you don't have time to watch a whole trilogy beforehand, you'll still be laughing if you have a b
re: 'Evil Dead: The Musical'
 Oct 9 2006, 11:50:39 PM
I saw it on Wednesday and had an awesome time! I'm also a huge fan of the movies, and love blood and guts, so it worked out pretty well. The show needs to be tightened from beginning to end, but it's not such a severe problem that I don't think they can fix it. Just some moments that aren't landing as they should, a couple of lame jokes that met silence, and the overall length of the show. It would be great if it could shave off a half hour...
The score is really fun in places. I would agre

re: Is It Ever OK to Cancel a Show If the Audience is Too Small?
 Oct 2 2006, 11:54:15 PM
I worked in a theatre for a show that had a long-ish run, and one night they had like 15 people in a house for 500, and they gave everyone tickets to another performance... the last show I directed had a week-long run, and one matinee had really low attendance. We never would've cancelled though- I just went backstage and was like "umm, there's hardly anyone here... but give them the best performance you have". And because it was a ridiculous show in a small house, they just went nuts. It did fe
your favorite offbeat musicals!
 Jul 10 2006, 02:48:09 PM
I'm looking for suggestions of more "underground" musicals to look into... trying to find a directing project for this year. I just finished directing "Reefer Madness!", and before that I worked on "Bat Boy". I love offbeat, sometimes-campy, dark, funny and unusual stuff, and since I've already done my two favorites, I feel like it can only go down from here! What are your favorite weird and wacky shows?

I'm working on building a theatre company with some of the people I've worked with

re: Why is there no Reefer Madness CD?
 May 9 2006, 04:42:45 PM
the thing that's $52 is the score- like on paper, the sheet music. the CD is a normal CD price. promise. I bought both a few months ago.
re: Reefer Madness
 Apr 2 2006, 10:08:57 PM
hey!
I'm directing that show!
it's going to be May 3-7 at 7pm and May 6-7 also at 2pm.
tickets are $15, and $7 with a student ID.
they should be going on sale in a week, I'll come back on the board and post the ticketing e-mail address when the time comes.
hope you can come! a little early to say, but I think it's going to be a blast. also, we're using a brand new version of the script that includes "Mary Jane/Mary Lane" (from the Showtime movie).

re: Reefer Madness Questions
 Mar 16 2006, 11:22:35 PM
Dave!
My rose!

I basically just joined this thing so I could say hello to you... I can't believe I was just name-dropped! Hahaha.

As Billy said, we're doing Reefer in May! I really hope all of you Zombies that are in NY get to come see it (you too, Dave, road trip with my family or something). We go into rehearsals this Tuesday and we have a ridiculously talented (not to mention ridiculously attractive) cast! I don't know, I'm just excited that we're getting to do this show

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You