Drowsy Closing Night Guest List

jagfkb
#1Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/26/07 at 9:55pm

Is there anyone who is confirmed to attend the closing night performance this Sunday? I would guess sutton foster and Edward Hibber, considerring they both have 3:00 performances.

Yankeefan007
#2re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/26/07 at 10:00pm

I wouldn't guess that any of them will be there.

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#2re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/26/07 at 10:30pm

The only original cast member who I would say might be there is Bob Martin. Simply because this is his show. He wrote it and after all it is about "him".

"Have they come yet?"
Updated On: 12/26/07 at 10:30 PM

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#3re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/26/07 at 11:04pm

How thrilling would that be if he was there!

broadwayman
#4re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 2:18am

sutton doesnt usually go to the actual closing night show of a show that she left, because she doesnt like to take away attention from the actress who is playing the rile she played... thats why she didnt go to ?Millie's final performance she just went to the cast party.. so thats probably what she will do...

neddyfrank2
#5re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 2:39am

Also because, you know, Sutton *is* going to be appearing in Young Frankenstein at the same time.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 2:42am

Thoroughly Modern Millie was Sutton's big break. Even though she did not attend the last performance, it would have made more sense if she did because it was her big break. Although she originated the role of Janet, Drowsy is just another credit on her resume - she can't possibly go to the closing night of every show she has been in. Especially if she is busy with another show.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

postergirl
#7re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 1:00pm

Not quite, neddy. Young Frankenstein doesn't have a Sunday night show.
My guess is that she'll be at the party but not the show.

BrOaDwAyDuDe
#8re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 1:23pm

Im sorry for getting off topic, but I just found it hard to believe there were SO many seats available for the last show. My friend just got awesome seats. I heard great things about the show. Is the current cast not measuring up? Sorry if my questions were stupid, I just think its weird there are still quite a few seats available for the very last show.

millie_dillmount
#9re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 2:17pm

The tourists have lost interest in the show. I don't think it is a casting issue that is keeping people from wanting to go, but I bet it is being drowned out by some of the larger, more popular shows on Broadway.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Yankeefan007
#10re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 2:43pm

Even with the Original Cast, "Drowsy" was never a consistently million dollar-a-week-show.

The reasons for its closure are simple: everyone who wanted to see it has seen it. The tourists have not heard of it (or, they can see it in their hometowns), and wish to see something they can brag about to their friends ("Chorus Line," "Grease," etc.).

Has nothing to do with the cast, as good or bad as they are.

millie_dillmount
#11re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 2:47pm

"Has nothing to do with the cast, as good or bad as they are."

A few people were arguing that it was Bob Saget's fault that the show is closing, which I think is an absurd reason. I remember one person noting that the reason they didn't want to see the show was because of Bob Saget, but I don't think we should assume that all tourists think that way. How do we know what the grosses would be like without Saget? He was in a couple of fairly popular TV shows and does have many TV credits to his name - tourists love seeing big names in shows so they can brag, "I saw __________ in __________!" I think he is keeping Drowsy from being in a much worse situation than they are now.

Updated On: 12/27/07 at 02:47 PM

toni3
#12re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 2:48pm

Actually, Sutton told me at the YF stagedoor last Sunday that she was going to try to attend Drowsy's last show. So that doesn't mean she'll be there, but she said she really wants to go.

millie_dillmount
#13re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 2:53pm

I forgot that Drowsy had an evening show, so if Sutton's evening is free, she'll most likely go.

jagfkb
#14re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 3:20pm

My friend and I will be attending, and will be searching for these people. I'm so excited!

Yankeefan007
#15re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 3:25pm

Saget is hardly a big name.

neddyfrank2
#16re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 3:28pm

I still will never get how people can believe that the reason Drowsy is closing is because Bob Saget is in it. If anything he is saving that show!

FosterChild Profile Photo
FosterChild
#17re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 4:30pm

How can this be Saget's fault? Hasn't Drowsy been struggling for a long time? If anything, he probably bought them some time.

millie_dillmount
#18re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 6:10pm

I disagree. I think Saget is a fairly big name. Maybe he doesn't have the star billing of some of the major celebrities out there, but anyone who watched Full House (and maybe Funniest Home Videos) should know who he is.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#19re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/27/07 at 10:39pm

If I recall correctly the rumors that Drowsy would be closing this month started before Saget joined the cast. If so, how could his presence in the show be responsible for its closure?

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

jagfkb
#20re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/28/07 at 12:30pm

sigh, I knew this would become another thread about how Bob Saget might have ruined the show. Can we please stay on topic?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#21re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/28/07 at 12:31pm

I'll be doing the lotto and keeping my fingers crossed.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

millie_dillmount
#22re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/28/07 at 3:08pm

No one said that Saget did ruin the show, but defending the fact he didn't.

Besides, did you really think anyone would have a confirmed guest list..? If anything, Bob Martin will be there.

postergirl
#23re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/28/07 at 4:31pm

Past cast members will undoubtedly be invited, especially those in the city.

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#24re: Drowsy Closing Night Guest List
Posted: 12/28/07 at 9:08pm

there not a whole lot new Georgia Engel is out on tour, Eddie is in Mermaid. Maybe Glover and LaManna? Oh the lotto should be nuts...bring the nice guys who run it a treat (starbucks or something) not as a bribe, though.

Videos