beth leavel questions

parislover87 Profile Photo
parislover87
#1beth leavel questions
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:44pm

first off, did anyone catch her on as dorothy in 42nd street... if so, how was she...

2ndly... when is her last day in drowsy... a sad day indeed

It's the music and I'm its hapless victim

postergirl
#2re: beth leavel questions
Posted: 8/1/07 at 9:46pm

She's not leaving Drowsy any time soon. She signed new contract in April, probably for a year.
Updated On: 8/1/07 at 09:46 PM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2re: beth leavel questions
Posted: 8/1/07 at 10:04pm

Beth's Dorothy Brock in 42ND STREET? Sensational and just the right amount of camp.

There's an excellent bootleg of the revival with her as Dorothy, plus she played Annie in the Japanese Tour of the original 42ND STREET, which was telecast for Japanese television.

Here's Peggy Sawyer understudy Cara Cooper and Beth as Dorothy Brock in the recent revival of 42ND STREET:

re: beth leavel questions

Updated On: 8/1/07 at 10:04 PM

RyToast1
#3re: beth leavel questions
Posted: 8/1/07 at 11:17pm

Beth Leavel is going to be in No, No Nanette at the City Center next May.

MillieDillmount Profile Photo
MillieDillmount
#4re: beth leavel questions
Posted: 8/2/07 at 12:53am

I saw Beth in 42nd Street. But sadly I had no clue who she was then. I was writing to Beth saying I wish I seen her in 42nd Street, then it dawned on me to check my playbill. Sure enough, Beth was the Doroty I saw. It makes me happy, but insanly mad since I had no clue who she was then, but I love her now after seeing her as Drowsy Chaperone in that musical. Oh well, at least I saw her, haha. She couldn't have stage doored back then though because I didn't have her autograph. Unless she probably just sneak right by me, haha.

~Darci

justafan2
#5re: beth leavel questions
Posted: 8/2/07 at 7:56am

I saw her as Dorothy---she had just assumed the role, after Christine Ebersole left-----I thought she was wonderful. Very strong voice and presence.

nyc44
#6re: beth leavel questions
Posted: 8/2/07 at 8:28am

I think I heard she was going on vacation this month. Does anyone know the exact dates? Thanks!