BC/EFA Spring Donations

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#1BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/8/08 at 6:25am

I am seeing Gypsy and Wicked next week...have they started with the BC/EFA donations? If so, do they take credit card if you want to make donations? I forgot if they take cash only.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#2re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/8/08 at 6:36am

if you want to use a CC you'd probably have to contact BC/EFA directly, cause at the shows its usualyl just cast members with buckets. and as of wednesday they hadn't started.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/8/08 at 6:44am

For strict donations it's buckets. For merchandise or pictures, I believe the shows I've seen did take cards by hand (the old scrapey machines). Don't know about the ones you mention.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#3re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/8/08 at 8:19am

Collections start on Friday the 14th. Not all shows begin right away. Normally, shows in previews do not participate, but Gypsy might be an exception. Their stage manager is a big BC/EFA supporter (He usually is at Phantom and does a great job for them), and I know he was discussing what they could do with Patti and everyone at Gypsy. But they may not start collecting till after the opening. And yes they do use the "old scrapey machines" for purchases of merchandise. Give generously! or what you can.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

millie_dillmount
#4re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/8/08 at 8:20am

Since Gypsy is still in previews, I didn't expect it to have anything for BC/EFA.

I was planning on buying merchandise, so I wanted to know if I should have extra cash on hand or just use my card (because I thought I did see those machines you were talking about at past shows).

I'm surprised they haven't started!

Thanks!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

millie_dillmount
#5re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/8/08 at 8:21am

The 14th? Crap, I'm missing it by 2 days.

mattonstage
#6re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/8/08 at 8:44am

I'm so sorry. But you can always hit Broadwaycares.org.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

baddadnpa Profile Photo
baddadnpa
#7re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/8/08 at 9:22am

How long do they do it for? I will be filming in Mexico when they start and don't return until the 25th.

The truly beautiful should be lawfully restricted from wearing clothing; and the truly butt-ugly should be lawfully mandated from going naked.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#8re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/8/08 at 10:46am

Thanks for asking this question. I'll be going in less than two weeks, and I was hoping they would be collecting! re: BC/EFA Spring Donations Guess I'm going to have to bring some extra cash!! re: BC/EFA Spring Donations

Ok - now I'm even more excited!

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#9re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/8/08 at 10:50am

They usually collect through the Easter Bonnet competition which is on April 28th and 29th this year.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#10re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/8/08 at 11:05am

Perfect!

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#11re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/8/08 at 3:16pm

Good to know! Thank you!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

coolkid11776
#12re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/8/08 at 3:21pm

What does Spring Awakening & Rent usually have?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

popstarjim3
#13re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/15/08 at 10:34am

Any word on what the shows are selling. It should have started last night.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#14re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/15/08 at 10:45am

Least season SPRING AWAKENING had signed posters ($100), signed letters that were used in the show ($75 I think?), & temporary tattoos ($5).

The only show that started last night was PHANTOM, since they don't have a Sunday show. They had the same items as usual, including a new poster design. More shows should start tonight & tomorrow. Yes, most of the shows should be able to take credit cards. I think in the past I have only seen one (JOURNEY'S END) that did not have the card machine.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

popstarjim3
#15re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/16/08 at 4:22pm

How much is the new Phantom poster?

Anything from any of the other shows?

mattonstage
#16re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/16/08 at 8:14pm

The new Phantom poster they're selling for $60.

popstarjim3
#17re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/19/08 at 10:47pm

Chorus Line was selling signed posters today.

Did any other shows start yet?

cabcaresman
#18re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/19/08 at 11:05pm

if you want to make a donation u can call bway cares and give them your credit card

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#19re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/19/08 at 11:16pm

I believe THE HOMECOMING is selling signed posters and a book written by the stage manager. I'm not sure but did McKean say it is it a cookbook? Emcee? Keen? Anyone?

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#20re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/19/08 at 11:31pm

Yes - the book on sale is Recipes and Reminiscences by Roy Harris, the Production Stage Manager, including additional new recipes from James Frain, Gareth Saxe and Annette O'Toole (Mrs. McKean).

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#21re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/23/08 at 7:34am

In the Heights has signed window cards, but they were actually completely *out* of them at last night's show (good for them for being sold out!), and they'll be getting more.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#22re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/23/08 at 10:08am

Passing Strange had signed posters for $40 and signed playbills for $20

coolkid11776
#23re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/23/08 at 11:32am

I was at Rent Yesterday for the Matinee and they were selling
Signed Playbills for $20
Signed Posters (Old Black & White Logo Signed by the current cast) for $40
Signed Posters ("RENT NOW" Logo signed by current cast & Adam & Anthony) for $70
Pictures with Kyle & Declan (Mark & Roger for that show) in Costume for $20
Slient Auction in the playbill which included A Walk on role, Backstage tour, & Watch from the wings.
& Handmade hats & gloves by the cast

I was also at LB last night and found it weird that they didn't sell Anything for BCEFA Anyone know why?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#24re: BC/EFA Spring Donations
Posted: 3/23/08 at 11:39am

The funniest line of Young Frankenstein 3/21 was after the show ended and Roger Bart said, "Ladies and Gentlemen I would like you all to make a donation to a worthy cause, Bear Stearns".