News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Congratulations to Leslie Kritzer

Congratulations to Leslie Kritzer

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#0Congratulations to Leslie Kritzer
Posted: 4/27/06 at 6:14pm

For her Drama Desk nomination for Trailer Park! I'm so happy she's getting this recognition. Her performance was a real standout~

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#1re: Congratulations to Leslie Kritzer
Posted: 4/27/06 at 6:17pm

I completely agree. She totally blew me away with her brilliant comic timing and fantastic singing. So glad she was remembered.

Thesbijean
#2re: Congratulations to Leslie Kritzer
Posted: 4/27/06 at 6:25pm

She was great, but I thought Linda Hart stole the show

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#3re: Congratulations to Leslie Kritzer
Posted: 4/27/06 at 6:25pm

I'm so so happy about Leslie's nomination! She really stole the show. I can still see her kicks and falling to the ground and crying during the Flan Stand call to Pippi when I close my eyes....LOL

Love her!!

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

YankeeGal#24 Profile Photo
YankeeGal#24
#4re: Congratulations to Leslie Kritzer
Posted: 4/27/06 at 6:42pm

I LOVE LESLIE KRITZER!! Congratulations to her!

"You ask four guys, you get four different versions" ~ Tommy DeVito, Jersey Boys

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#5re: Congratulations to Leslie Kritzer
Posted: 4/27/06 at 6:51pm

A well-deserved nomination! She was the highlight of "Trailer Park" for me.

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

LA2NYC
#6re: Congratulations to Leslie Kritzer
Posted: 4/27/06 at 6:53pm

ROCK ON!!! I met Leslie a few weeks back, and she said she heard the rumors about the nomination but wasnt sure. Well, she got it. Congrats!!!

She TOTALLY deserves this, and for me really stole that entire show. She will work for a long time. Cant wait to see her in Vanities-The Muscial in CA.

I also heard that she was in the last Workshop of Legally Blonde-The musical, so we might be seeing her return to NYC with that next year. AWESOME!!

I love her.

Jake2
#7re: Congratulations to Leslie Kritzer
Posted: 4/27/06 at 7:28pm

There is no one more deserving.
Last Sunday Leslie put on a performance at XL in Chelsea (as part of Marty Thomas' Divas Live) that will not be soon forgotten.
She opened with a jawdropping rendition of Don't Rain On My Parade that blew the roof off of the place. This was not the Funny Girl you remember. This was better than her already momentous performance at Paper Mill a few years back, she truly gives Linda and Babs a run for their money.
She also tore it up with Pat Benatar's "Heartbreaker," slinking down the staircase from the DJ booth and titillating the crowd with vocal chops that most singer would sell their mother for. One note at the end must have at least been a High F. We're talking Eden Espinosa territory.
This Drama Desk nomination is just the beginning...
Congrats Les.

willact4food Profile Photo
willact4food
#8re: Congratulations to Leslie Kritzer
Posted: 4/27/06 at 7:59pm

I loved her as Shelley in Hairspray (as much as you can love somebody in the ensemble). I really need to see her in this!

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#9re: Congratulations to Leslie Kritzer
Posted: 4/27/06 at 9:36pm

Thank God SOMEONE recognized her for this.

::cough Lortels cough::

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."

Videos