News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for goldenstate5

Member Name: goldenstate5
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Little Shop got extended till March 8!  Nov 26 2019, 11:25:45 AM

Is thing ever been recorded for a cast album?!

Be More Chill Announces Closing!  Jun 20 2019, 11:00:17 PM
I’d be shocked if this doesn’t tour non-equity. Wonder if they’ll announce it closing night?
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/19  Jun 17 2019, 05:37:07 PM

Good lord that Pretty Woman drop. I wonder if it even has a chance of making it past Labor Day.

Beetlejuice improving, with BMC barely making more on its gross but falling to record low attendance, yeouch.

Tootsie controversy  Jun 11 2019, 01:54:09 PM

The joke is pretty damn clear by the opening number: casting directors want somebody else, so Michael becomes somebody else. In his self-centered decision, he learns something very keen about the choices he made and seeing the world through another gender's eyes. Much of the humor of the show isn't derived by the fact he's actually a man, but that despite his initial success Michael still can't get what he wants, because of the lie that caused his success in the first place.

MITB Tony's Reactions  Jun 10 2019, 04:31:42 PM

Was it credited during the closing credits last night? I'm not sure if the other performances are but if it wasn't okay that's scummy.

That said, it's threads like these that make me want to come to BMC's defense because boy some of y'all are just like, really really aggressive in hating this show. Sheesh. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/9/19  Jun 10 2019, 04:18:56 PM

Has Gary announced yet? I can see a couple. BMC is still not great but they'll definitely try to stay alive for the summer crowds which should start arriving next week, if they show up of course. Joe Iconis begging people on twitter to inform ppl that BMC was the originator of the Tonys opening number is pretty hilarious, though.

Waitress will probably not make it past 2019, and Kong is doomed as well. Prom is somewhat improving. Beetlejuice needs to get numbers up quick.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/2/19  Jun 3 2019, 04:17:04 PM

Either BMC shapes up in the next couple of weeks or it'll be closing shop by Labor Day.

Everything except the predictable (Mockingbird/Hamilton/Hadestown/ATP) is just not doing so hot. Woof.

Avenue Q Closing Day Love Thread  May 26 2019, 11:05:55 PM

What a shame that the show was never professionally/commercially filmed. Such an iconic production that you'd think somebody would've pounced upon that, but alas. 

I bid it adieu, my first theatre obsession.

EDIT: heh the official website now has a notice that a tour will be announced soon from Work Light Productions, so it's not quite dead yet, at least aside from NYC

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/19/19  May 20 2019, 03:35:07 PM

Jish said: "Mike Barrett said: "goldenstate5 said: "Sheesh can nothing post a decent gross? Everything is struggling. BMC improved its audience numbers yet is still struggling to get over 500k. Memorial Day is just around the corner, however.

Both Beetlejuice and Tootsie are also proving to be not very hot tickets. Hadestown truly is the singular smash of the season.
"

Tootsie has made $1 million the past few weeks, how is that not doi

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/19/19  May 20 2019, 03:21:38 PM

Sheesh can nothing post a decent gross? Everything is struggling. BMC improved its audience numbers yet is still struggling to get over 500k. Memorial Day is just around the corner, however.

Both Beetlejuice and Tootsie are also proving to be not very hot tickets. Hadestown truly is the singular smash of the season.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/12/19  May 13 2019, 03:20:50 PM

Improvement for Tootsie, which is nice.

Summer can't come quick enough for Be More Chill. It's now in the bottom five, boy is it smarting. My guess is that the producers are keen to wait it out.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/19  May 6 2019, 03:15:59 PM

Well I'll be the first to say it: that's legitimately terrible for Be More Chill. The Tonys snub hurt like hell clearly. The good news, if there's any, is that this is the first week that it's ever gone under its operating budget. However there's not many of those that the producers will like to eat. If it keeps producing numbers like this it'll be lucky to make it out alive from the summer but I still think that summer crowd will bounce back sales.

And of cours

First show to post closing after nominations  Apr 30 2019, 04:33:45 PM

Scarlet Leigh said: "Here is the thing though. BMC might seem like it's going fine, but this is a moment that matters. This is a day when people are running to get tickets for things because "oh wow x nominations, this MUST be a MUST see." You can't look simply at the grosses week to week and consider that all that matters because it's the advance that matters. Every show haspeeks of when they have to look at their advance and see what their future is like. Firs

First show to post closing after nominations  Apr 30 2019, 10:48:18 AM

Am I the only one reading the grosses here? BMC is fine, as long as it keeps above 500k a week. (which it's doing handily) Summer ain't even here yet. A paid performance on the Tonys would help, yes. I can imagine CBS is seething by the lack of it which could've brought in younger viewers. 

King Kong and Pretty Woman are the two shows in immediate danger. 

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Reviews  Mar 11 2019, 03:38:18 PM

Moderator said: "goldenstate5, since you asked publicly, your message was not edited for the use of the word "jeeeeez," it was edited because of the personal insult that followed it about posters who had been vocal with their dislike of the show. We thought that since the remainder of your message did not violate the board's rules that this was a better option than deleting the entire post. I hope that clears up the confusion.

By the way, "jeeeeez"

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Reviews  Mar 11 2019, 01:40:08 PM

Did the mods here really edit out me saying "jeeeeez"?

Really?

Okay.

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Reviews  Mar 11 2019, 05:27:25 AM

<<edited by BWW staff>>

I don't think Be More Chill is a particularly great musical, but I think it's charming and the songs are catchy. I get why teens have latched onto it. (though I think the bathroom song is massively overrated) It's a bubbly little show with a good heart despite some questionable decisions. (the love interest character I swear is a reject from Spelling Bee) The way y'all are trashing on it you'd think the producers ran

Merrily We Roll Along possible cast recording?  Feb 3 2019, 12:08:59 PM

Was wondering if the Roundabout off-broadway production has any shot of being recorded? The fact that they have Rich and Happy in it makes me really hope that they do, would love to hear a modern recording of that.

Avenue Q to close in April 2019  Dec 12 2018, 01:25:59 AM

It's funny: I have the Vegas sitdown of Avenue Q to thank for introducing me to the show (saw it three times at the Wynn), but it was arguably a step backward for a show that could've been truly, truly huge. Like Tag said, the missed opportunities of different city sitdowns and a touring production in '05 were enormous. While the show still made bank in the long-run,no doubt, I can't imagine what the show could've done with a wider audience at its height spreading. IIRC, t

What is the Fate of SPONGEBOB?  Jun 9 2018, 06:30:44 AM

My guess is that they just close and announce a tour at the same time. I mean, a tour really has to be what Nickelodeon was eyeing this entire time. A 9-month Broadway run is just gravy.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You