News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for notyourself

notyourself Profile Photo
Member Name: notyourself
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Chitty to tour!
 Dec 25 2007, 08:04:46 PM
I'm wondering if Big League is completely non-union or does some Equity tours as well. I know Equity was trying to get them to sign some contracts during their Aida and 42nd Street tours a few years ago, but don't know what came of that. Hopefully they are Equity as I wouldn't want to see Frenchie Davis risking her union membership since their site shows her being cast in their new Ain't Misbehavin' tour.
i was not a fan of hoodies until this came in the mail :)
 Dec 20 2007, 04:03:41 AM
"I do not know if your eating disorder is for over-eating or under-eating but hoodies make you look about 5-8 lbs. heavier. "

That's one of the reasons why they're popular with individuals with eating disorders. They're able to hide their illness to some extent from their families.

I'm relatively concerned about the poster as whatever emotional disorder involving a need for acceptance isn't completely under control if she's getting custom sweatshirts made to impress peers. Se

re: Marquis Theatre: Future Venue for Two Cities?
 Dec 20 2007, 03:57:00 AM
Out of 50+ Broadway credits, yes, definitely - not to mention that the majority of his Tony awards and nominations were ages ago.
 Dec 20 2007, 02:58:26 AM
A much better look at the creative team can be found by looking them up on IBDB. Their credits are underwhelming at best. Sure, they've each had long careers and worked on many shows, but none of their past work fit into my idea of what an amazing set or amazing choreography is.
 Dec 20 2007, 02:47:47 AM
I wouldn't trust the "average" Floridian audience's reaction translating over to Broadway. I don't think it's the best place to tryout a musical as the audience is dramatically different than Broadway's audience.

Urban Cowboy, anyone?

re: Questions About BUSKER ALLEY
 Nov 27 2007, 07:33:22 PM
Does anyone have any photos of the painted facade?
re: Company DVD release?
 Nov 17 2007, 02:53:29 PM
>> But they don't all know how to find it.

Exactly!

re: Company DVD release?
 Nov 17 2007, 02:46:58 PM
Some of us already have the pro-shoot DVD :)
Company to Close July 1
 Jun 13 2007, 01:51:43 AM
The show tonight was AMAZING. It was one of the greatest theatrical experiences of my life. I can't even explain how much it touched me.

Please, go see this show. We can't stop it from closing, but the cast deserves to have more people in the crowd than this.

re: Jersey Boys Theatre?
 Jun 7 2007, 01:59:59 PM
Just about every theater has been renamed multiple times...
re: COLD AS ICE with Oksana
 Jun 2 2007, 01:14:28 AM
It's actually pretty good. :)

It's listed on TDF for all performances. It's a cheap way to catch it before it closes on 6/17.

You can find some info on the show @ http://gatewayplayhouse.com/2007/coldasice.html

re: Grease Revival
 May 21 2007, 07:00:47 PM
Why on earth would anyone need that many versions? It's not that great of a show.
re: NJ PAC Broadway 2007-08
 May 21 2007, 04:52:29 PM
Do you know when individual tickets for the shows will be going on sale?
re: Lemme get this straight
 May 2 2007, 11:41:12 PM
I've noticed that non-Equity tours tends to do smaller cities and shorter stays, while Equity tours do larger theaters for longer runs.

I don't think I would ever go to a non-Equity performance. After hearing so many horror stories of non-Equity actors getting dirty hotel rooms far from any restaurant they can get a meal at, not having medical care for injuries and having to move in the middle of the night to do a show the next afternoon, I can't risk having my ticket price going toward

re: Lincoln Center Archives of Shows
 May 2 2007, 02:27:48 AM
I'll probably have to make a trip here to view a show that I need to write a paper on. When viewing the videos, is it a wide open media viewing room or is it a private room with a dvd player? I'm wondering because I tend to be easily distracted and wouldn't want to have the people around me getting in the way.
re: Is there a Legally Blonde performance Tues May 1?
 May 1 2007, 01:21:29 AM
I would assume not, as there's already eight performances per week in the schedule you've posted.
re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
 Apr 26 2007, 10:53:11 PM
<< The St.James doesn't seat 13,650 people. >>

It does. That's its weekly capacity.

re: Worst Changes Made in an Amateur Production
 Apr 25 2007, 11:35:50 PM
The theater I work at did the Fantasticks this past summer before it re-opened off-Broadway. The writers actually recommend you change the word "rape" now. The licensing includes permission to replace it with "raid".

The new off-Broadway production has changed some instances to "chase" and others to "raid".

re: What Shows Have Monday Night Perfs?
 Apr 22 2007, 07:01:53 PM
Deuce while it's in previews
re: Most Revived Play/Musical on Broadway?
 Apr 22 2007, 04:18:33 AM
Peter Pan: 3 revivals + 2 return engagements
Man of La Mancha: 3 revivals + 1 return engagement
Fiddler on the Roof: 4 revivals
Threepenny Opera: 5 revivals + 1 return engagement
Porgy and Bess: 4 revivals + 1 return engagement
The Pirates of Penzance: 10+ revivals
H.M.S. Pinafore: 10+ revivals
Showboat: 4 revivals

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You