pixeltracker

In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors

In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors

Yankeefan007
#1In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 7:06pm

As per ATC:

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/d.php?id=1394292

"They are in the process of looking for an appropriate theatre. One of their top choices is the St. James. If all goes according to plan, performances will start in October/ November."

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#2re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 7:08pm

I would say the theater is to big. If she Schoenfeld was open it would be good.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

NathanLaneStalker
#2re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 7:08pm

I don't think the show can work on Broadway. I'm not a fan of it, but from what I've seen, it is a traditional Off-Broadway show. I just don't think it could find an audience on Broadway.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Yankeefan007
#3re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 7:43pm

That's what they said about....

Spring Awakening
Grey Gardens
Avenue Q
Spelling Bee
Rent

Trish2
#4re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 8:02pm

I'm sorry but IN THE HEIGHTS is no GG, SA, AQ, SV or RENT. Not even in the same league.

Clarinetbiter135 Profile Photo
Clarinetbiter135
#5re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 8:15pm

Well, I loved In The Heights. And I wish it all the sucess!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#6re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 8:21pm

I'd love to have Priscilla Lopez back in a Broadway musical.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#7re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 8:21pm

I would love to see this show on Broadway.

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#8re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 8:22pm

it'd be interesting if they transfered it.

Trish2
#9re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 8:25pm

Of course I'd love to see Ms.Lopez back as well. But not in this piece. Especially for $100.00. It'll never happen.

teka21
#10re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 8:32pm

I enjoyed In The Heights more than Grey Gardens, and hope it has success on a Broadway stage.

#11re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 9:55pm

Glad to see they're being realistic about trying to transfer uptown. The idea of a show like that thinking about transferring to Broadway in the first place is a bit of a stretch, but it's fun to dream; but the idea of them transferring to one of the largest houses on Broadway (currently with just under 1,700 seats) is laughable.

I saw the show and even went back to take a friend. It's a really cute show; it's got a lot of heart; I think it's more successful in capturing the whole Latino spirit than shows I've seen by more accomplished and well loved composers (like Bernarda Alba, which I thought was terrible).

While I think it would be sweet for this show to try to transfer and give more people the opportunity to see it, the idea of a show (with no overwhelming buzz, awards or stars attached) thinking about transferring into one of the most massive houses on Broadway is beyond crazy. That's insane troll logic.

[Edited to clarify the seating capacity.] Updated On: 4/27/07 at 09:55 PM

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#12re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 10:06pm

The St.James doesn't seat 13,650 people.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#13re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 10:09pm

um, I don't think you can compare In The Heights to Bernarda Alba.

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#14re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 10:16pm

I HOPE SO!!! This show was one of the most incredible pieces of theater I have seen in awhile. I recommend it to anyone!!!

#15re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 10:23pm

How did Bernarda Alba get into this--I don't see even a remote similarity

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#16re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 10:26pm

Perhaps the Hispanic aspect of both shows...

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#17re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 10:30pm

ReginaPhalange1017: I think it's more successful in capturing the whole Latino spirit than shows I've seen by more accomplished and well loved (composers (like Bernarda Alba, which I thought was terrible).

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

#18re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 10:35pm

Ah missed that. Bernarda is one of my top scores of the past 5 years--but besides a basic broad latin feel--in terms of theme, mood, setting, time (I could go on) I see no comparable similarity whatsoever... I guess both were off-Broadway as well *shrug*

lancerpanz
#19re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 10:50pm

i think that ITH is so much better than all of the shows listed by Yankeefan

notyourself
#20re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 10:53pm

<< The St.James doesn't seat 13,650 people. >>

It does. That's its weekly capacity.

Trish2
#21re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 10:58pm

Yankeefan seems to have started this thread with no credibility except from a thread from another chat board. Don't you just love when people have such nerve?

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#22re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 11:44pm

I hope we at least get a Cast Recording.

I hated Alba too.

RentBoy86
#23re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 11:44pm

I don't think it has the buzz around it like the other shows did, but maybe if it wins some of the recent awards?

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#24re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
Posted: 4/26/07 at 11:53pm

not trying to beat a dead horse here, but I hardly think Bernarda Alba qualified as a musical about the "latino expierence". haha.

Videos