News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ContinentalNettle

ContinentalNettle Profile Photo
Member Name: ContinentalNettle
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Need advice on seating for Cher Kong and Network  Jan 1 2019, 09:10:19 PM
Cher is a lot of fun. It's a big spectacle of a show so anywhere in the theatre should be fine, but there are also some more focused intimate moments. I'd recommend front mezzanine if you can.

The best seat for King Kong is outside the theatre holding the money you would have spent on this show. It's a waste of your time and money, worst thing I've ever seen in 20 years of theatre going, honestly don't bother. If you really need to see that monkey then go for the cheapest seat you can

TDF National Membership  Dec 7 2018, 09:15:13 AM
chrishuyen said: "I joined TDF in the summer as a "national member," but they've changed their website so I couldn't find the same button from when I joined. They basically just asked for my zip code, and then ensured that that zip code was the same on my billing address. I'd say it's worth trying to contact them to ask.

As for the $40 membership, I'd say it probably depends on which shows you're trying to see/how likely they are to be on TDF, and what kinds o

TDF National Membership  Dec 6 2018, 07:10:23 PM
I’m looking into getting TDF membership for my upcoming NYC trip (I’m from the UK) and have seen a lot of references on various message boards/social media to “National Membership”.

It looks like it’s a much cheaper TDF membership option for people who live more than 100 miles from NYC.

However their site seems to be completely scrubbed of all reference to it and every link to it from articles/boards is dead.

Do they not do it anymore? Or is it somethi

what is the most overrated musical of all time  Jan 11 2013, 02:18:11 PM
Cats. Because it's just Cats.

Die hard fans will tell you it's based on the poetry of TS Elliot.

No.

Lies.

It's just a bunch of Cats.

Which european country has the most theater?  Jan 11 2013, 02:11:53 PM
A lot of new musicals come from Germany. Hamburg and Berlin are big hubs.
What is the most underrated musical of all time  Jan 10 2013, 02:44:39 PM
We've all seen the thread for most overrated musical, so this is the thread for the other end of the discussion! What are your most underrated musicals or underrated songs from musicals?

For me personally it's; Blood Brothers, The Boyfriend and Whistle Down the Wind.

Rory O'Malley Leaves BOM on Jan. 27th  Jan 10 2013, 02:32:37 PM
What an incredible performer and an inspiring man to boot. I'm sure this will be disappointing for many people but I'm excited to see what's in store next.

First everyone's wondering who'll replace as McKinley? I wonder if they'll think about bringing Grey Henson over, even though this would mean another actor taken out the tour. Or maybe someone entirely new. They must have already made a decision because they will be starting in less than a month.

His contract was for two yea

Matilda  Jan 8 2013, 05:08:20 PM
My bad! Do excuse me.
Matilda  Jan 8 2013, 04:57:38 PM
"Matilda is originally a British children's novel"

Incorrect CONAries. The novel is actually Norwegian.

"rather than contradicting a well established and agreed opinion on multiple forums"

Well if everyone had the same opinions, life would be boring, no?

Bway songs about an enemy or nemesis  Jan 8 2013, 02:57:58 PM
Falcon in the Dive from The Scarlet Pimpernel
Matilda  Jan 8 2013, 02:53:27 PM
While I think it's dubious whether the original poster saw this show, I actually did back in February.
Honestly, I didn't like it. I find most shows with children in them pretty nauseating unless they are particularly endearing, but I was told Matilda was different and that I should just go and see it.
The staging and sets are very impressive, the production is slick, and there is some incredible moments of design. Through this the show creates a very specific atmosphere and is very clev

WarHorse closes today.  Jan 6 2013, 05:21:24 PM
War Horse is very much an experience and a spectacle as well as being a play. It's a shame to see it close so soon. The West End run is still an incredibly difficult ticket to get and looks like it will be running for a long time.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You