News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PepperedShepherd

PepperedShepherd Profile Photo
Member Name: PepperedShepherd
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Your Top 10 Shows This Decade  Dec 6 2019, 05:58:56 PM
National/International in Alphabetical Order

Angels in America (2017, National Theatre, London)

The Book of Mormon (Many & various locations)

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time (2013, Apollo Theatre, London; also Broadway & tour)

Falsettos (2016, Walter Kerr Theatre)

Groundhog Day (2017, August Wilson Theatre)

Hamilton (Broadway & tour & London)

Merrily We Roll Along (2013,

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf  Sep 13 2019, 12:31:24 AM
Am I the only one who finds Rupert as George -- and Russell as Nick -- to be far more interesting prospects than Laurie as Martha?
Richard Linklater - Merrily We Roll Along  Aug 30 2019, 12:16:23 AM
PepperedShepherd said: "Wait. Ben is playing Franklin Shepard??? The money-hungry, charismatic, womanizing Toast-of-the-Town and Hollywood sell-out? I can't see that at all.

As Charley, yes. But Franklin? Not in a million years.
"

No, Platt is playing Charley. Blake Jenner is playing Frank.

From the Hollywood Reporter article:

"Jenner will portray Shepard, while Feldstein will play Shepard's friend, theater criticMary Flynn."

(It doesn't expli

Richard Linklater - Merrily We Roll Along  Aug 29 2019, 07:56:56 PM
Wait. Ben is playing Franklin Shepard??? The money-hungry, charismatic, womanizing Toast-of-the-Town and Hollywood sell-out? I can't see that at all.

As Charley, yes. But Franklin? Not in a million years.

Into the Woods - Hollywood Bowl  Jul 27 2019, 12:39:21 PM
Am seeing it tonight and am now very excited. These reports are wonderful to read.
LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS returning Off-Broadway this Fall?  Jul 23 2019, 04:13:36 PM
The Pasadena Playhouse has just announced a production of LITTLE SHOP. Previews begin September 17 (the same day as the new Off-Broadway production).

Danny Feldman, Pasadena Playhouse producing artistic director, has high hopes for the Southern California run, telling THR, “Our new electrifying production of Little Shop of Horrors will give our audiences the opportunity to see a show they know and love in a way they never have before."

Starring George Salazar as Seymour, MJ Rodriguez as Audrey, and Amber Riley as Audrey II.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mj-rodriguez-amber-riley-george-salazar-tackle-little-shop-horrors-1225156

Favorite Short Lived Musicals?  Jul 23 2019, 03:34:33 PM
GROUNDHOG DAY
LGBTQ+  Mar 18 2019, 05:20:59 PM

Julian Hoult, who was in Little Shop of Horrors last summer with her, posted the following on Twitter:

"Seyi Oomba is a fierce talent and a force on stage however do not stand on the shoulders of great LGBT cast and creatives whilst showing a disdain, there was times that both myself and others were very uncomfortable with her view points when in little shop with her !

I noticed she wasn't part of the London pride video because "she didn't agree with it" she was the only cast member to decline and hid upstairs in one of the smaller studios.

I knew this would all eventually come to light but I personally didn't want it in this way, I wanted to see growth and education on her part and I thought little shop would've been that perfect environment for her as it was a huge celebration of queer culture full of some of the best LGBT cast and creatives...."

You can read the rest here:

https://twitter.com/JulianHoult/status/1106846710284935170

Dear Evan Hansen national tour cast  Oct 19 2018, 01:48:14 PM

emo_geek said: "The box office was issuing refunds but my friend chose to stay.

Edit: Just got a text- they just stopped again for #5
"

A friend of mine was at the matinee and also chose to stay. He sent me a text that one of the stoppages was 35 minutes long and that the show didn't get out until almost 6:00PM.  That is really unconscionable.

Seeing La LuPone tonight in Bev Hills  Feb 17 2018, 07:10:03 PM

lovebwy said: "Patti also spoke about protesting the Vietnam war while atJuilliard. A bunch of performing arts students got together, and were asking the people starring in shows at the time to stop in the middle and protest some event or person related to the war (Patti said exactly what it was. She has an amazing memory"

An "amazing memory" is hardly required in this case. She said they were protesting Kent State, which is a reference to the shooting of unarmed college students by the Ohio National Guard in 1970.  For those of us alive back then, it is easily recalled as one of the most horrible and significant events of the 70s.

Seeing La LuPone tonight in Bev Hills  Feb 15 2018, 12:58:53 PM

I was at the second show last night.  From what Seth said at the beginning, our audience was much more lively than the earlier one.  Perhaps lovebwy or anyone else who was at both -- lucky souls! -- could comment further.

As for the show: It was glorious. I've seen Patti many times in concert (including twice at the Wallis) but this was by far one of the best.  Even though fewer songs were sung, the banter, the casualness, the humor, an

Book of Mormon cast as of late?  Jan 30 2018, 05:43:51 PM

Nic Rouleau just tweeted:

"After 6.5 years with @bookofmormon, it’s finally time to hang up my shirt and tie. This show has truly been #somethingincredible, but my mission will be coming to an end on February 18. I hope to see you all in the next three weeks, where I will no doubt be a blubbery mess."

Bette to play LA engagement of Dolly?  Jan 30 2018, 12:00:12 PM

Matthew James Thomas and Andrea Martin did PIPPIN at the Pantages (also San Francisco) at the start of the tour.

Re Bette:  I suppose it's possible, but with DOLLY only scheduled for a 3 week run, it would be nearly impossible to get tickets.

Book of Mormon cast as of late?  Jan 29 2018, 01:55:35 PM

The new West End cast begins performances tonight. 

The leads were previously understudies in the Broadway cast:  Dom Simpson as Elder Price, and J. Michael Finley as Elder Cunningham.

http://www.bookofmormonlondon.com/show/

Everybody's Talking About Jamie  Jan 14 2018, 02:26:49 AM

JAMIE has been extended to October 6, 2018.  Tickets available now.  (Just bought mine.)

http://www.everybodystalkingaboutjamie.co.uk/

Book of Mormon cast as of late?  Jan 13 2018, 06:52:24 PM

LushyBear said: "I am able to choose to see the show in either San Francisco or Melbourne. Does anyone happen to have opinions on either casts?"

I saw both Elder Prices -- Ryan Bondy [Melbourne] and Kevin Clay [Tour] -- when they were understudies. Even then, they were both terrific.  I have also seen both current Elder Cunninghams -- Nyk Bielak [Melbourne] and Conner Peirson [Tour] -- and have a slight preference for Conner. Unfortunately, I haven'

Call on Audra?  Dec 28 2017, 09:07:34 PM

For those saying that they don't "see" Audra as Dolly --

I don't disagree.  But, then, most people couldn't see Audra as Billie Holiday, either.  And we know how THAT turned out....

Suffice it to say that I'm buying a ticket, if & when said casting is announced. 

FOLLIES- National Theatre Live  Dec 13 2017, 03:15:15 AM

GavestonPS said: "As for the "perfect production" being only in our heads, that just isn't
true for some of us. I saw that perfect version at a Saturday matinee in May of 1971. 
"

Sorry. I should have said that the "perfect production" is only in the heads of those of us who are younger than Methuselah and who never got a chance to see the OBC (which those of you who did can never stop lording over us.)    :)

FOLLIES- National Theatre Live  Dec 11 2017, 01:34:21 AM

GavestonPS said: "Don't get me wrong. I paid full price twice to see the Ahmanson production and there were very special thrills to be had from hearing the score sung by voices like those of Ron Raines and Victoria Clark. But in terms of understanding the unusual style of the show and compelling our attention to the central quartet, the NT production is far superior."

I agree -- with one exception. I liked Ron Raines as Ben much more than I did Philip Quast.

LONG DAY'S JOURNEY starring Jeremy Irons coming to BAM and The Wallis  Nov 18 2017, 03:19:17 PM

Head's up! From an email I received from The Wallis in Beverly Hills:

The Wallis is proud to present the exclusive West Coast engagement of the Bristol Old Vic and Fiery Angel production of Eugene O’Neill’s Pulitzer prize-winning drama A Long Day’s Journey Into Night starring Jeremy Irons and Lesley Manville.

Director Richard Eyre’s acclaimed Bristol Old Vic production stars Academy Award winner Jeremy Irons (Brideshead

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You