News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Gilly1732

Member Name: Gilly1732
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Betrayal Previews  Oct 17 2019, 01:34:11 AM

dramamama611 said: "Any other recent reports of anyone coming out of stage door after matinees? My daughter is a huge Hiddleston fan, AND she like SD. Going Saturday."

AFAIK they don’t do Saturday matinee Stagedoor at all. People are invited to come back after the evening show (but I read reports that the evening Stagedoor is even more crowded because of that exact same reason). 

Bad Theater Behavior  Sep 10 2019, 05:35:09 AM

MX888 said: "Betrayal is another super quiet so so every rustle, whisper and disturbance is amplified (glad they decided to confiscate crinkly water bottles at the door). Anyways, this time the offender was me... or rather my stomach... I was running late so didn't eat the snack I had bought with me and heard my stomach loudly grumbling! It was so embarrassing but I thought it would've been worse to open the noisypackaging ::face palm::"

Same thing happened to me at Betrayal in London. I was very hungry but didn’t have time to eat so I produced some great rumblings. I was too far away from the stage at that time for any of the actors to hear but I got a few looks from people around me. More amused than mad thankfully. It stopped after a while when my body gave up trying so I wasn’t that much of a distraction...

Hiddleston, Cox led BETRAYAL Transferring to Broadway  Aug 7 2019, 01:16:23 PM
Just the chairs and a table at certain scenes. They’ve got a revolve. And the wall is just blank but they are working with lights and shadows a lot.
Hiddleston, Cox led BETRAYAL Transferring to Broadway  Jun 27 2019, 03:53:17 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Yeah i saw the stage door as well and was shocked how crowded it was. But the guy at the theatre told me they all always sign and took pics with everyone. I think that’s pretty cool of them. "

Not really. Zawe and Charlie walked the line and took  pictures with/signed for everyone that wanted them to. Tom stood in the front and people had to walk up to him. He took pictures and signed for maybe 30 people on the average per performanc

THE BOYS IN THE BAND (2018) Previews  Jul 4 2018, 10:54:57 AM

Can anybody tell me if they have a souvenir brochure at the theatre? I saw the show in previews and they didn't have one back then. My parents will be in New York next week so I would tell them to get me a brochure if there was one.  

Boys in the Band Stagedoor  May 5 2018, 12:06:46 PM
We saw the show on Wednesday for the matinee. We were at the Box and I went to buy some merchandise after the show. When we came to the stagedoor, it was quite full already but we managed to get a nice spot right next to the door. Everyone came out and signed, Quinto and Parsons declined selfies but told us to take pictures while they signed.
Matt Bomer took the most time with fans. I managed to get a picture with Matt and Andrew. They were all very nice. It was a great experience.

Amount of notice a show is likely to give before closing?  Jul 27 2017, 05:06:48 AM

That's very nice, thank you.

I thought so too, but the last information I got was that they still did not have them in early June and I haven't heard anything else so I was hoping they may have produced a brochure by now.  

Amount of notice a show is likely to give before closing?  Jul 27 2017, 04:37:50 AM

Kitsune said: "Now I'm answering my own question, but it looks like there are some new advertising spots being produced for GHD (here and here).

"

That is really cool and I hope it's a good sign. 

I got this survey too and thought it was a little weird. I also answered that I had seen the show before and was redirected to the official webpage and that was the end of it. But it makes much more sense with alle those questions that 10086Sundays posted about. 

I really, really hope they will make it a little longer. I mean, there's no chance for me coming back to see it again from Europe but I just want them to do well. They deserve it. 

Anyway, may I just hijack this topic for a second? Does anybody know if they have a souvenir brochure at the theatre now? They didn't have one when I saw it in May and I would love to get one for my collection. I checked playbillstore but they have almost no GHD merchandise.

Andy Karl Question  Jul 19 2017, 07:30:19 AM

Skimbleshanks2 said: "
Did you not read the end of the article?

"Look for ICM to urge him further into work in film and television."

"

Does it say they will do so today or tomorrow? It doesn't, so Margo is right... It's absolutely no indication that the show is done, like you said.

I'm not arguing that the numbers don't look good for GHD but just the fact that Andy signed with a different agency doesn't

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/18/17  Jun 20 2017, 01:48:35 AM

haje said: "Speculating about someone's mental health based on a couple of social media posts seems a bit... much. I'm sure he was disappointed but it's not as if him losing should have come as a big surprise or anything. He's clearly beloved in the community and still got plenty of awards love this season even if he didn't win the big award, he'll be fine."

Especially since he didn't post anything remotely like that... 

S

thoughts about groundhog day  Jun 12 2017, 09:19:00 AM

Well there's no announcement on the official website or on Ticketmaster (yet) so he should be on tonight. 

Andy Karl performance schedule  Jun 6 2017, 05:32:09 PM

Skimbleshanks2 said: "Wait a second... is TONY voting over? Am I that cynical to think that he missed today because he gave it his all during voting period and now he is done????? Ugh... please don't make me lose faith in you, ANDY!!!!

"

Jesus, he tore his ACL, give him a break. How many shows did he miss since opening night? 2? If he needs a break then he deserves one.

I saw him two weeks after the accident and I couldn'

Lotteries  Aug 4 2014, 01:00:39 AM
If you sit at the last 2 rows in the box, the view is very obstructed and you have to tilt your head a lot or lean to the side. If you are the very last to win, you'll get seats at the side of the mezzanine. They are still a little bit obstructed, but MUCH better then the box seats.
A Gentleman's Guide Rush  Jun 26 2014, 04:00:07 AM
As we rushed on a Sunday we got to the box office around 10am. There were appr. 20 people in front of us and at noon there were around 60 people in total. I don't know how many tickets were given out but it seemed like a lot of tickets were still available. However this was prior to the Tonys so it might have gotten busier by now.
A Gentleman's Guide Rush  Jun 2 2014, 01:13:16 AM
We rushed today (or yesterday in fact) and as we needed two tickets we were offered two seats in the right box or two separate seats in the stalls. We chose the box as we wanted to sit together but if I heard correctly the guys behind us got offered the same stall seats located in the first few rows. Hope that helps.

Could  May 9 2014, 04:51:40 PM
original production in Dörckisgärten, Germany

What is Dörckisgärten? ^^ The musical premiered in Vienna, Austria, then went to Stuttgart, Hamburg, Berlin, Oberhausen and back to Berlin, where it closed last year.

Plus there was a revival in Vienna which was great but the production in Germany wasn't great anymore in the end. They had cut it down so much it just wasn't the same show anymore.

Anyhow it was still a thousand times better than the mess they did on

Kinky Boots Summer Perfs  Jul 10 2013, 09:37:02 AM
Ellyn Marsh just tweeted:

"if ya feel like seeing me give a stab to the amazing role of Lauren in @KinkyBootsBway, I'll be on july 30 & 31st (3 shows). cue throwing up"

Murder Ballad?  Jun 16 2013, 09:55:49 AM
It's a great show but I think it's very important where you sit. When we first saw it, we were seated next to the band. It was so loud that we could not hear any lyrics...

We saw it again and got seats behind the bar and they were perfect. Awesome view and great sound.

It's a very unique show, go see it! :)

One last question  Jun 8 2013, 05:12:30 PM
"Thank you know anyone know if ANNALEIGH ASHFORD signs after kinky boots?"

She did last week!

Kinky Boots Rush Policy?  Jun 7 2013, 12:51:34 PM
I've rushed twice for Kinky last week and never arrived that early... We rushed on Thursday and got there around a quater past 8 and were 13th and 14th in line. We got tickets in the left box. We tried again on Sunday and got to the theatre around nine and were 20th and 21st in line... Some guy at the stagedoor said they normally had 20-30 tickets. We were worried but decided to stay and buy normal tickets in the cheapest category if we didn't get rush tickets. This time they had 50 rush ticket
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You