News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bpr515

bpr515 Profile Photo
Member Name: bpr515
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bette Midler Confirms Broadway Return in HELLO DOLLY
 Jan 19 2016, 11:05:23 AM

I was holding out hope that she'd bring Rochelle, Rochelle: The Musical to Broadway, but I guess this is good news as well. :)

Getting Hamilton tix thru Ticketmaster Resale
 Jan 6 2016, 12:05:30 PM

I went with ticketmaster resale exactly for that reason.  Figured if I was already overpaying, it was worth the extra $$ as assurance since ticketmaster reissues it in your name.  We got tickets for a Saturday night in December and had no issues getting in.

I'd highly recommend biting the bullet and paying whatever you can afford to see the show.  It's amazing.

Hamilton Box Seats
 Oct 14 2015, 10:40:46 PM

As near as I can tell you can't access them via the map, but I found them by clicking "List all resale" and then scrolling.  So far, that's the only way I've been able to spot them and, thus far, it's always been resale.

Hamilton Box Seats
 Oct 14 2015, 10:10:38 PM

deloverly said: "Thanks so much for all the info! I was able to get two box seats for my folks for December. I got them at the theatre (they were $167, and are considered partial view.) I was told they are only sold there."

Lucky you!  I called the box office direct today and was told that the only way to get box office seats was secondary market through ticketmaster (which have them listed at $400 and up).  If I knew they still had seats available for

Anyone used Seat Geek?
 Oct 13 2015, 09:29:39 AM

Did a search and didn't see anything, but apologies if this has been covered before.  Has anyone used Seat Geek for secondary market tickets?  Trying to score Hamilton seats and getting way too obsessive about cost and potentially getting scammed so I wondered how reliable they were.  Ticket prices are comparable to ticketmaster resales, but you save a ton by not paying the fees that ticketmaster tacks on.

Just wondering if anyone had used them and if you

where to sit for Hamilton/Richard Rodgers theatre...
 Oct 12 2015, 09:58:26 PM

Trying to find tix for December and ready to bite the bullet on overpaying for rear mezz, but has anyone sat in row H?  It looks like there are only 2 seats in the row so I'm thinking that might help the leg space issue (assuming we could each slide our legs to the side since there wouldn't be anybody else), but it would be completely far left or far right in the back and I'm not sure spending $200+ per ticket is worth it for that kind of view.  Any thoughts?

Favorite Hamilton songs?
 Sep 30 2015, 09:42:07 AM

All of them. :)

I honestly can't believe how good this cast album is.  I've gone from wanting to see the show because I'm a history nerd to thinking that it's probably not as good as the hype to I NEED TO FIND A WAY TO SEE THIS...

To answer your question, though, "My Shot" is awesome and I love the multiple themes converging in "Non-Stop".  The one I play the most, though, is "It's Quiet Uptown".  There's such be

Something Rotten Score Similarities
 Jun 1 2015, 03:06:10 PM

Yup.  Very similar riff.  I also think the harmony in the chorus of It's Hard To Be The Bard is very reminiscent of Queen (I think it's Somebody To Love where they sing "Can anybody find me...")

Manhattan Concert Productions 2016: The Secret Garden
 Feb 18 2015, 11:47:34 AM
Steve Harley was the "rocker guy" that did the POTO videos before the show premiered in London.

As far as Patinkin in Phantom, this is from a People magazine article in 1989 (which, sadly, I remembered and then snagged off the google):

"When invited to take the lead in the original London production of Phantom of the Opera, Patinkin turned it down because he didn't want to move his family."

More obscure (?) original cast recordings
 Mar 27 2014, 01:07:48 PM
No OBC of Shogun was ever recorded, unfortunately. Saw the show with Philip Casnoff after it opened at the Marquis and thoroughly enjoyed it. Much better than Karrie, IMO.

There's both an "unofficial" audio and video of the show floating around.

Male songs about being gay
 Mar 27 2014, 12:58:47 PM
"One Gay More" from Gay Miserables
A NY Moment (Meeting B'way Performers)
 Feb 21 2014, 12:06:51 PM
Useless fact of the day: Steven Pasquale and Idina Menzel played romantic interests in one of the early seasons of "Rescue Me". Menzel's character was a horrendous kisser and Pasquale's Garrity feigned being gay to get out of the relationship, to which she replied "I could tell."
Comet of 1812 to reopen in the spring.
 Dec 15 2013, 10:09:14 AM
Great news! We just saw the show Wednesday and LOVED it. So happy it's going to continue!
Hugh Panaro's contract with Phantom
 Nov 15 2013, 11:39:33 AM
That's right. I knew he wasn't the only Phantom this year, but I couldn't remember who else.

Hugh Panaro's contract with Phantom
 Nov 15 2013, 10:06:29 AM
Hasn't Hugh left briefly at the end of his contract a few times and then returned? I'd say it's possible you'd see him, but it'll be a while before anything's known (as Gingersnap2 said).

He's great in the role so I hope he's there when you're there!

Victoria Clark in Les Miserables?
 Nov 15 2013, 10:04:01 AM
The 1st National Tour's Philly Stop (Fall '88 - Spring '89) was my first time seeing the show (seeing any show actually) so I have very fond memories of Victoria Clarke as Mme. Thenardier. If I remember, she played opposite Neal Ben-Ari as Thenardier.

Half that cast eventually got called up to the Broadway company (Schulman, Pistone, Panaro, Kolinski) and I think Melissa Errico was in the wave of replacements that came after the call ups. I could be wrong, but I know she wasn't in the

I did not like ONCE
 Nov 11 2013, 02:03:09 PM
I loved it, but it appears it's not for everybody. I'm okay with that.
Shaiman's article
 Oct 30 2013, 04:02:51 PM
"A lack of Wesley Taylor!"

Probably the first time in the history of the world that this phrase has been uttered!

A Different Kind of Onstage Proposal at KINKY BOOTS
 Sep 16 2013, 04:30:28 PM
I went to HS with the family he's marrying into. They's good peeps.
shows that do not have a cast cd made
 Sep 9 2013, 10:20:06 AM
Two near misses from a few years ago: Lestat was recorded and never released. Lennon was either recorded or at least scheduled to record and then was pulled.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You