News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ChrisTyler1288

ChrisTyler1288 Profile Photo
Member Name: ChrisTyler1288
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Complete CAROUSEL cast recording on its way
 Sep 14 2024, 08:50:44 AM

I gave this a complete listen and loved it! The orchestra sounds fabulous and I loved getting some dynamics in the Carousel Waltz I wasn’t used to hearing. My biggest gripe was the person playing Nettie is clearly a singer and not a great actress, but that is so inconsequential on something like this. I’m actually teaching a lecture on Carousel in a few weeks so this was a nice familiarization. 

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Sep 14 2024, 08:35:39 AM

Soaring29 said: "The New Orleans concept seems weird to me as the show has the characters touring from place to place."

Thank god somebody finally had the sense to say this. How can you change the “setting” of a show that doesn’t have a defined “setting”? You’re trying to tell me the concept of this show is Rose is only interested in breaking into the Vaudeville circuit in Louisiana? Doubtful. 

Who is the frontrunner for Best Leading Actress in a Musical right now?
 Sep 14 2024, 08:32:18 AM

I’d honestly be shocked if Sutton was nominated period. I have a feeling Mattress will be heavily overlooked come Tony time beyond Michael Urie. I think it’s going to be a healthy battle between Audra and Nicole. 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Sep 12 2024, 02:09:39 PM

Some people have humility, understanding, compassion, thoughtful opinions and education. And Broadway Flash has access to Wi-Fi. 

Henson Will Lead ELF THE MUSICAL on Broadway This Holiday Season
 Sep 11 2024, 04:37:16 PM

I've heard that Mackenzie Kurtz is playing Jovie. I would LOVE to get Beth Leavel back on Broadway re-creating her Emily. 

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Sep 7 2024, 07:50:43 AM

I assume Caroline will be the option when Mandy and Nicole are out or when Nicole takes time off, the ladies will alternate in the role? But I assume in a normal performance week, it’ll be 7 Nicoles and 1 Mandy. 

Considering America's gun problem, is ANNIE GET YOUR GUN incapable of being revived responsibly?
 Sep 6 2024, 03:29:11 PM

I think your feelings and intent are solid, but the comparison is a bit of a reach. I absolutely agree that gun violence feels very specific to the US and out of control is an understatement, but I would be GOB SMACKED if you polled every single person who has committed an act of gun violence in this country (and I'm sure that would be thousands of people) and 5 of them had heard of Annie Get Your Gun. I am STAUNCHLY for way stricter gun laws in this country, but never once has a producti

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
 Sep 6 2024, 03:19:06 PM

Eh. Whomever is taking over probably begins rehearsals on the 16th, so it would make sense to announce them that Thursday. I'm sure it's all been set in stone for quite some time and this show doesn't need to drum up business far in advance like others I'm sure.  

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Sep 6 2024, 03:08:14 PM

Y'all are wild lol. Does anyone here actually enjoy going to see Broadway shows anymore laugh

The Wiz Rush
 Apr 12 2024, 08:06:21 AM

Good to know! We’d be happy with partial view seats. 

The Wiz Rush
 Apr 11 2024, 11:21:02 PM

Has anyone tried rush yet for The Wiz? Was planning on getting to the city around noon and wondered what the odds were that they’d still have any tickets available. 

2024-2025 Touring Season
 Mar 4 2024, 01:55:13 PM

Deleted message 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You