News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ivanguy

ivanguy Profile Photo
Member Name: ivanguy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bridges of Madison County Previews
 Jan 28 2014, 09:37:42 AM
Ah yes - I remember standing for The Little Mermaid with a herd of 12-year old girls. I was praying no one saw me in the theater!
Bridges of Madison County Previews
 Jan 28 2014, 09:22:07 AM
Saw it last night (Monday night) .... did I see the same show everyone else saw? My partner and I found it to be a gigantic BORE. In fact, at intermission, we heard everyone else muttering the same thing! Melodic? Gorgeous? Hardly! It was a 2.5 hour snooze fest. The opening number seemed to say everything. Flat, tedious and completely forgettable. We found very little chemistry between the two leads - and WHY is Robert Kincaid wearing jeans in all the bedroom scenes? Even Kelli O has a
Here Lies Love video clips?
 May 12 2013, 04:22:53 AM
See it. It's fantastic and completely immersive. A video wouldn't do it justice. Parts are just breathtaking. By far my favorite show of the season.
Congrats to Hugh, Anne and LES MIZ!
 Jan 14 2013, 08:52:09 AM
Yeah, I'd say editing - which I thought brought that scene extra strength - one of my favorite parts of the movie.
Congrats to Hugh, Anne and LES MIZ!
 Jan 14 2013, 08:52:09 AM
Yeah, I'd say editing - which I thought brought that scene extra strength - one of my favorite parts of the movie.
One Man Two Guvnors to close September 2nd
 Jun 15 2012, 01:25:52 AM
Saw it tonight - I haven't laughed that hard since Book of Mormon.
thoughts after seeing Spider-man TOTD for the 2nd time
 Mar 17 2011, 09:37:32 AM
The music still really lags - and whatever you can do to "save" this show, I think, is beyond repair because you're stuck with this generic rock soundtrack. I saw the show last week and was entertained but not excited by it - as the Washington Post said, you can feel the energy of the audience getting snuffed out by the spirit of the production ..... one big heavy sigh.
HAIR at Pantages
 Jan 5 2011, 06:05:56 PM
anyone seen it in Barcelona? it opened over christmas - the posters were everywhere
Pee-Wee Windowcard?
 Nov 17 2010, 05:03:55 PM
I don't recall a window card but I saw it in previews.

From what I remember ... they have t-shirts, CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS and SILLY BANDS - when Pee-Wee was on Jimmy Fallon, he brought the silly bands and the audience let out a collective gasp! ~

Welcome to B'way PEE WEE!! We're so glad you're here!!!
 Oct 26 2010, 09:51:29 AM
Who said this show was written for children?

Have you seen any of the clips from the show when it ran in Los Angeles? I have a feeling this show will NOT disappoint. It's in a different league than Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Mary Poppins - obvie!

I'm 39, by the way ... and I already want to see it a second time.

I've also got my tickets to see Angels in America the same weekend - it'll be nice to compare the two! LOL!

Welcome to B'way PEE WEE!! We're so glad you're here!!!
 Oct 26 2010, 09:19:54 AM
It's the theatrical event of the decade!!!

We love you Pee Wee! Have a great stay in NYC - can't wait to see your show - I hope I love it so much, I want to marry it!

XOXO!!!

which is worse: stinking like weed or texting in a theater?
 Jun 4 2010, 10:29:49 AM
It warms my heart to see this thread still going.

"I think the person just got pissed off for being called out on using his cell phone."

That is exactly what my BF said - and he was sitting next to me. He had no other defense.

Now, if the guy had commented on my odor before the show began, and was truly upset by it, then I probably would've given up my seats and walked away with my tail between my legs. And I probably would not have posted here.

The guy

Jun 3 2010, 02:39:40 PM
Two premium tickets to Pee Wee's Playhouse will cost $420 (with all charges) on Telecharge. Coincidence?
Do you think Pee Wee could win a Tony Award?
 Jun 1 2010, 09:19:51 AM
Oh I definitely plan on smoking up (and airing out, of course) before this one.

Do you think I could win a Tony Award, too?

Jun 1 2010, 09:15:30 AM
I think calling me a selfish asshole is a little extreme.

It was a Sunday matinee - the train was empty.

Do you think Pee Wee could win a Tony Award?
 Jun 1 2010, 12:08:55 AM
Oh joy of joys.

Wouldn't that be wonderful???

Either way - I can wait for NEXT year's Tonys!

I can get front row seats for promises, promises with Kristin Chenowth? but
 May 31 2010, 11:46:39 PM
I sat in the front row for Avenue Q when it first opened after winning the lottery - I've never seen a happier group of people - we were all on Cloud 9.

I also won the lottery for front row at West Side Story last year - and that stage is HIGH - we couldn't see the performers feet - and that show is 65% dancing! But ... we did only pay $25 or whatever for the tickets.

If you're paying full price for front row at Promises, Promises ... I'd decline and get other seats. Is this

May 31 2010, 11:34:07 PM
Hey y'all - it's the Original Poster again! Great Memorial Day weekend post! I've had a blast.

Did I mention it was my boyfriend's birthday the night of the Addams Family? I'm the pothead - he's not. But yeah, it was his birthday - oh - and I'm gay AND a pothead. And a Broadway musical lover. Go figure. And a performer. While I NEVER performed high (well .... once ... and I learned my lesson) - I would *LOVE* it if my friends would show up after a glass of wine ... maybe s

May 31 2010, 03:43:08 PM
Oh boy oh boy - I'm the original poster again - hanging my head in shame - LOL - don't worry, I have a thick skin - I particularly like the person who called me an "asshole" for suggesting pot brownies. I guess she doesn't want one.

And some ask why I would want to get high before seeing the Addams Family? If I have to explain it .....

I'm a pot smoker - go ahead, judge and throw stones. Just don't bogart the joint.

May 30 2010, 07:55:27 PM
Regardless of what you think about my pot smoking - it's been a fun debate!

I saw A Behanding in Spokane today and I did NOT smoke weed outside the theatre before the show - this time, I smoked before I got on the train down in Soho so I had time to air out before curtain! LOL! No disrespect to theater at all - I'm a big fan and have seen most shows high - you have a martini before a show? I smoke a spliff. I like to get smoke pot - is that a crime? Oh yeah, it is. Anyhoo ... I w

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You