News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mjohnson2

mjohnson2 Profile Photo
Member Name: mjohnson2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Liana Hunt  Jan 24 2015, 11:48:19 PM
She's currently serving a sentence for murder.
IDINA did not get a grammy nomination for Let It Go  Dec 5 2014, 07:38:09 PM
Idina right now

Happy Birthday, Mandy Patinkin!  Nov 30 2014, 07:08:48 PM
Hello all,
Just posting a thread to wish Mandy Patinkin a happy 62nd birthday!!
He's crazy, psychotic, and a bit of a sadist, but he was also pretty spectacular in most of his work, and can sing like a maniac. Happy Birthday, you crazy maniac.

The * ideal * Jekyll & Hyde: A discussion  Oct 26 2014, 06:45:59 PM
Sally, that is exactly why I hate Wildhorn so much. I think that he choses such incredible projects for musical-ization (BONNIE AND CLYDE, JEKYLL AND HYDE, and DRACULA mainly) and then mucks them up with his bland music and always horrendous book writer. Can you imagine how incredible a DRACULA musical could be if the right composer took it on? Or a BONNIE AND CLYDE musical by Kander and Ebb? Same with SIDE SHOW, though that isn't Wildhorn. There's nothing I hate more than a missed opportunity.
The * ideal * Jekyll & Hyde: A discussion  Oct 26 2014, 02:17:08 PM
The show being canceled and instead we get to watch a good musical.
A Time for Singing  Oct 26 2014, 02:16:05 PM

The Last Ship Previews  Oct 23 2014, 01:23:26 AM
Aww, bummer! I totally would follow you if you had a twitter.
The Last Ship Previews  Oct 22 2014, 11:51:23 PM
Wait, After Eight, is that really you? I would love it if that actually were you.
Musicals That Should Be Made Into Movies  Oct 12 2014, 01:12:32 PM
I actually like that movie. Sure, Carol's interpretation of the role is much better than Barbra's as is Gower Champion's direction relative to Gene Kelly's, but the Dolly movie has its charms too, mainly because of how strong the original material is.
Fiddler On The Roof Revival  Oct 2 2014, 09:58:47 AM
Shows should be revived because they are wonderful and audiences deserve to see them to experience a good night of theatre.
Homosexual Love Duets?  Oct 2 2014, 09:42:37 AM
Patash, I'm not referring to the fact that songs have to be gay when sung, but merely that in the context of the show they are.
Homosexual Love Duets?  Oct 2 2014, 12:02:31 AM
Yeah, sorry. I just kind of meant homosexual love songs song directly to a character instead of to the audience.
Complete Audio of Merman in  Oct 1 2014, 10:39:51 PM
Such an incredible talent. Probably the only performer who would be able to rival Channing in the role.
What is the most underrated musical of all time  Oct 1 2014, 09:06:15 PM
I have a few more:
DONNYBROOK!
HAPPY HUNTING
NO STRINGS
TAKE ME ALONG

Snoring At The Theatre  Oct 1 2014, 08:59:21 PM
Well, that is very rude, but I'm surprised myself that I didn't fall asleep during ONCE.
Amazon Prime now has Streaming Broadway Channel  Oct 1 2014, 07:13:34 PM
Thanks so much!
Amazon Prime now has Streaming Broadway Channel  Oct 1 2014, 05:45:56 PM
I can't find it. Does anybody have a link?
In the Film Adaptation in Your Mind. . .  Oct 1 2014, 12:01:51 AM
The problem with that concept is that it would have to work perfectly or else it would be terrible
In the Film Adaptation in Your Mind. . .  Sep 30 2014, 11:55:27 PM
That sounds interesting, SantiagoE. I wonder if David Lynch or Terry Gilliam could direct.
Chess the Musical  Sep 30 2014, 11:45:27 PM
It's probably my least favorite of the bombast musicals, which are a subclass of musical theatre that you have to either like or don't (I don't, unless it's CHILDREN OF EDEN). I do, however, think that it has some interesting components and would have been a better choice for a chamber musical instead of a mega-musical.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You