News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for carolinaguy

carolinaguy Profile Photo
Member Name: carolinaguy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

77th Tony Awards Performance Predictions  May 6 2024, 12:20:07 PM

I also think it would be money well spent for The Notebook to ask for a performance slot, as it's a familiar title, will almost certainly tour, and has a range of songs to choose from that would make sense removed from the show.

Balcony experience at Merrily?  May 6 2024, 11:35:40 AM

I was in C15 (far house left aisle) and the height was fine. For the most part, the view was fine, but there were a couple of things far stage right that were screened and I remember some of the actors' heads being screened by the multiple door setpiece. I thought it was expensive for the location, but all the seats are expensive at Merrily and it was a spur-of-the-moment trip, so I had to take what I could get. I'm glad I went, as this is the best production of a problematic

Stereophonic seats  May 2 2024, 01:49:41 PM

Concur. The further off center you are, the more I would lean to house left.

STEREOPHONIC Previews  May 2 2024, 12:11:31 PM

I would say anywhere around the eighth row or back in the orchestra is fine as long as you're not too far to the side. If you sit house left, there is a short bit of pratfall business that you might miss and house right a couple of entrances into the booth, but not a big deal at all. If you're several rows back and not too far to the side, you shouldn't miss anything in the upstage recording booth. Too far house right and there is a very funny scene with the drummer that might be

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 29 2024, 09:58:12 AM

I highly recommend giving yourself time to read the Playbill insert before the show, as it will prepare you for the structure of the storytelling. Otherwise, just let the music wash over you. I knew nothing about it and found it hypnotic and enjoyed discovering it in the context of the show. 

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 27 2024, 12:06:26 AM

Eden was also in tonight (Friday) and sounded healthy. She went raspy and lost her tone for a brief passage in “I Will Paint Her,” but otherwise all the notes were there. 

Canceled Productions That Eventually Happened?  Apr 25 2024, 03:06:08 PM

^^I got mine via phone (so old school as well). I saw the matinee the day before the Tonys. Lea Salonga was still doing the Saturday matinees then with the alternate in the evenings. (At some point, they switched.) So I saw her final performance before winning the Tony. It was definitely a memorable experience!

Canceled Productions That Eventually Happened?  Apr 25 2024, 02:09:03 PM

Well, the original Broadway production of Miss Saigon was cancelled after selling $25 million worth of tickets. No one really believed it wouldn't open, and indeed the power play got Actors Equity to fall in line.

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24  Apr 24 2024, 07:46:47 PM

I believe the nomination meeting is Monday. The rules require that for shows opening after April 15, producers must make tickets available for at least eight “paid performances” prior to the nomination meeting. That’s why you’re seeing eight shows crammed into this week with no previews. 

I’m seeing it Sunday night. 

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24  Apr 24 2024, 07:26:29 PM

Dan6 said: "I’m flying in for the weekend and am thinking about grabbing tickets for Illinoise on Sunday night, which is my only open slot. My concern is that with the packed performance schedule this week (2 shows today, 2 tomorrow, 2 Saturday, and 2 Sunday), some of the principals might be in need of rest and out by Sunday night. Really want to see Ubeda in particular. Any thoughts on how arduous the show is and whether performing 8 shows in 5 days is realistic?"

Idina Menzel announces Take Me Or Leave Me tour  Apr 23 2024, 01:53:56 PM

I'm going to Chicago the weekend before for Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Drat!

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 12 2024, 08:10:42 AM

WldKingdomHM said: "So after all this who is playingDoctor Dillamond?"

Didn't Bowen Yang say Dillamond is CGI and the voice will be added in post but isn't cast yet? I believe Bowen also indicated Dillamond would be female.

TODAY Show  Mar 24 2023, 10:05:38 AM

That song from Shucked was really not good. I don't think there was a true rhyme in it.

question about Linda Eder  Mar 16 2023, 02:37:32 PM

From various interviews, I gather her main ambition was never to be mainly a theater actor. She did theatrical work while she was with Frank Wildhorn because that was the kind of music he primarily wrote, but after they separated she didn’t do any more acting, though surely she could have gotten a Broadway gig if she’d wanted. 

She once said she’d planned to stay with J&H on Broadway until it recouped, but left after 17 months to give birth to

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 10 2023, 03:05:50 PM

Anyone else having massive issues with the Telecharge site today? My laptop won't even bring it up at all and on my phone, it let me sit all the way through the queue and then told me I've broken some rule and I'm not allowed to buy tickets. I promise I didn't do anything but check the performance schedule and then get in line!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/20/22  Nov 22 2022, 03:59:39 PM

Those Kimberly Akimbo numbers are depressing. The show's own publicity staff couldn't have written better reviews and it dropped. It really does seem that any new show has to have some very familiar element in terms of star/song catalogue/title to make a go of it right now.

Matt Doyle - Little Shop  Oct 19 2022, 08:38:24 AM

I'm seeing it on the evening of 11/20 and that performance seems to be pretty well-sold. Perhaps being on a Sunday evening is a popular time since there are fewer options. I'd be thrilled with either Rob or Matt either, but it would be exciting to see a recent Tony winner in the role!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/15/22  May 18 2022, 09:22:36 AM

ucjrdude902 said: "What's baffling to me is that with the the talent they have in the show, POTUS is doing very little press appearances?"

There was a major piece with the entire cast on CBS Sunday Morning just last week. 

Company Ruled The Weekend  Apr 22 2022, 01:19:49 PM

I saw her a few days before the opening and thought she was terrific, if slightly uncertain-sounding in a couple of places in the songs. Her "Being Alive" even then was strong and delivered the cathartic goods. But seeing this, she's added tremendously to what was already a fantastic interpretation. I'm pretty sure Clarke has the Tony, but I will be outraged if Lenk doesn't at least score a nomination to recognize her beautiful accomplishment.

Mr. Saturday Night  Mar 19 2022, 07:22:52 AM

They have done another round of price reductions. I was looking for a matinee performance in May and all of the mezzanine seats had been $199. They are now priced $119 -$159. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You