News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musicalangel12

musicalangel12 Profile Photo
Member Name: musicalangel12
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Carols for a Cure Vol. 10 (2008)
 Oct 12 2008, 07:51:11 PM
Oh, I hope I have a job soon so I could buy it. Eh, maybe I can convince my parents to give it to me...
re: Lines from Broadway songs that would make great t-shirts
 Oct 8 2008, 01:25:43 AM
From Legally Blonde:

"Do you know the number 1 decision behind ALL bad hair decisions?"

And then on the back: "LOVE!"

re: Carols for a Cure vol.10 Question
 Oct 8 2008, 01:19:16 AM
I'm not sure. I know I saw Legally Blonde for the second time at the end of October last year, which is when I got the Carols for a Cure Vol. 9 CD. They were also doing the fundraising at the time as well. And I know the strike greatly affected BCEFA the following month.
re: Theory on the Legally Blonde Closing
 Oct 7 2008, 01:45:08 AM
"Here's a theory, winston: The producers released a statement saying that the decision to close Xanadu early was made to avoid losses in the current economic climate."

Honestly, I think that's all the "theory" we need for why Broadway shows are closing at this time. The economy is in crisis and people aren't going to pay for Broadway tickets and everything that could come with seeing it (dinner in the city, transportation, etc).

re: Carols for a Cure vol.10 Question
 Oct 7 2008, 01:22:13 AM
Is there any more news on Volume 10? I remember a track list being out around this time of the year and haven't seen one yet.
re: BWW TV: Broadway Beat Preview - Broadway's Back! Concert
 Dec 1 2007, 09:29:35 PM
I was listening to the concert today on Sirius online and it suddenly it just cut out. Was this just something online or did it happen elsewhere?
re: Shows That May Not Re- Open After Strike?
 Nov 12 2007, 02:02:10 AM
I can't really see Andrew and the Really Useful Group closing "Phantom" over the strike, though I'm sure they aren't happy about it. Disney probably isn't either.
re: How Long Might The Strike Last?
 Nov 11 2007, 04:34:55 PM
I know Bloomberg offered mediation during the talks. Does anybody think that if the strike goes on, more city officials may step in to end it?
re: STRIKE TOMORROW
 Nov 9 2007, 11:21:32 PM
CBS just updated the story and their sources say that ticket holders can get a refund if their show is affected by the strike. So, yes, your friends can get a refund.
re: Carols for a Cure vol. 9
 Nov 2 2007, 04:59:55 PM
I think "The Monotone Angel" is going to become one of my new favorite carols. I also adore Shuler Hensley's rendition of "O Come All Ye Faithful" as well as "Mary's Lullaby" (Wicked 1st National Tour) and "The Innkeeper's Lament" (Altar Boyz).

Though, I do cringe at the end of Jolly Old St. Nicholas/Up on the Housetop when the cast screams out "Merry GREASEmas."

re: Has anyone seen Haven Burton in LB?
 Oct 29 2007, 04:34:00 PM
I saw her yesterday and I have to agree that she's still trying to find a way to make the role her own. I think once she does that, she'll be fine. She has a great voice.
re: Official Goodbye Thread for 'Beauty and the Beast'
 Aug 2 2007, 12:13:18 AM
I still get choked up when I think that Beauty has closed. While it wasn't my first musical, Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie. And my friends and I skipped our senior prom and went to go see this instead. First row with Christy Carlson Romano playing Belle. We had gone to our junior prom and, in my opinion, this was a lot more fun!

I'm glad I got to see it last Thursday, before it closed. I'll miss it.

re: Legally Blonde Comments?
 Aug 2 2007, 12:07:47 AM
sleepyguy1717, do you want us to tell you how it was? Cause I thought it was great. Don't go expecting a straight translation from the movie, because it takes some detours (adds, eliminates, you get the picture). But the music is upbeat and stays with you. Plus Laura Bell is absolutely amazing. I hope you have fun!
re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
 Jul 30 2007, 11:13:50 PM
Wow, I can't wait for UGLY BETTY to return! I love the show so much...and now I don't have a Thursday night class so I can actually watch it on TV rather than online. I can't wait for Betty to go to Wicked (hopefully with the rather adorkable Henry) and the musical episode. I hope they can bring back both Patti and Kristin. That would be awesome!
Hilarious Comments...
 Jun 15 2007, 07:13:06 PM
Last night (6/14) at Pirate Queen's night performance, one of the ladies sitting behind my mother and myself had an interesting reason for why the show was closing:

"Did you see how large the cast was? That's why it's closing--they can't pay all of them!"

My mother and I looked at each other, held in our laughter until we were out of the theatre and on the 1 train.

re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
 May 29 2007, 03:25:01 PM
Lately, it's "Blah blah blah" in "Totally F*cked" in from "Spring Awakening." I don't know why, really. Maybe the tune's just catchy.
re: Charles Nelson Reilly has passed away
 May 28 2007, 07:58:39 PM
I was saddened when I saw his obit on Playbill.com. And when I told my family, my dad said, "I thought he was already dead."

I love him on the reruns of Match Game GSN shows. I won't watch it if he isn't on. He'll be greatly missed.

re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
 May 17 2007, 11:53:32 PM
She was absolutely adorable in this show, especially comparing Betty's situation with Henry and Charlie to all those romantic comedies. Her energy was contagious--even through the TV screen.

"Maybe I escape to the movies more than I should"--one of my favorite lines of the night!

re: Seth Rudetsky's first column on Playbill.com
 Apr 4 2007, 01:19:44 AM
To whoever gave Seth his own column:

Thank you. You are my hero--you have saved my Mondays!

re: Funny bloopers from your own shows
 Apr 3 2007, 01:04:49 AM
I ran the lighting board for my school's production of "Rumors" by Neil Simon. So, I'm up in the booth with the sound tech and the stage manager when it comes time for a gun shot to be heard. The sound tech starts her cue and out comes...music to be used later in the act. She quickly cuts the music, but fortunately our actors were very good at improv and covered. The gun shot ran out a few seconds later. When it came time for the actual cue, the actor said, "Honey, why don't put on that wonderfu
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You