pixeltracker

Chenoweth to Guest Star on "Ugly Betty" Season Finale

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#1Chenoweth to Guest Star on "Ugly Betty" Season Finale
Posted: 4/14/07 at 6:33pm

"Chenoweth, according to her spokesperson, will play "an orthodontic technician who loves romantic comedies and becomes overly involved in her patients' lives – including Betty's (America Ferrera)." The episode will air May 17 at 8 PM ET on ABC-TV; check local listings..."

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/107344.html

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 4/14/07 at 06:33 PM

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#2re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/14/07 at 6:50pm

Wow. I seriously love the producers of this show.

JTF, Patti, Cheno... holy crap.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#2re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/14/07 at 6:54pm

sounds like it could be pretty cute.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

Mattbrain
#3re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/14/07 at 6:55pm

First Patti, then Kristen!!!!!! This is officially the best show ever on tv.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#4re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/14/07 at 7:17pm

Well - I guess I am going to have to give in and watch the season finale. I haven't watched an episode all year, but I will for Kristin.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#5re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/14/07 at 7:30pm

Does anyone know if this show films in New York? I know they use green-screen for the scenes in Queens so I'm not sure if filming takes place in the city or in LA.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Papa_Burgundy_NY Profile Photo
Papa_Burgundy_NY
#6re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/14/07 at 7:31pm

i am obsessed with this show and so glad to see that it's combining my two loves...Broadway and fashion!! that's too cute.

jasobres
#7re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/14/07 at 7:50pm

According to the end credits, it is shot on location in New York, NY.

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#8re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/14/07 at 8:01pm

The show is not filmed in NY. The production team may go and shoot some exteriors there, but it is filmed at Raleigh Studios in Los Angeles on Melrose Avenue.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Malice Profile Photo
Malice
#9re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/14/07 at 8:05pm

Two of my 3 favorite shows have to be on the same frickin time. I bet the season finale of The Office is on the same time as this is, so glad ABC puts the episodes online.

Candleshoe2 Profile Photo
Candleshoe2
#10re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/14/07 at 8:28pm

I was at Paramount Studios about 2 weeks ago, and they showed us their New York Set, where they said a lot of the exterior shots of New Oyrk City for 'Ugly Betty' were shot. Since I've been there, I've actually noticed quite a few scenes that have been shot there!

thevolleyballer
#11re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/14/07 at 9:49pm

Living in California, I've been to several sets that have been used for New York City locales... but didn't I read somewhere that America Ferrera bought a Manhattan apartment recently? My memory's confusing my present thought process...

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#12re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/14/07 at 9:59pm

I love UGLY BETTY.

Yay Cheno on BETTY!

re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on  'Ugly Betty' Season Finale

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#13re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/15/07 at 12:32am

Looking at some of the outdoor NYC shots inh that show it is clear that there are times when it is in a studio and when it is 4actually outside in NYC at least for me.

I think that the show is in fact filmed in LA but they have brought the cast out to NYC a few times for some outdoor shots in front of buildings and things like that. As a matter of fact, what they do isn't at all uncommon. Many shows that take place in NYC but aren't filmed here would send the crew and actors out to the city to spend some time filming here. Many is the time that they film them doing just regular things like walking in and out of a building or buying a hot dog form a vendor. I know that CSI NY does this a lot.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#14re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/15/07 at 1:36am

First Patti, then Kristen!!!!!! This is officially the best show ever on tv.

That's what I thought! JTF, too.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#15re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/15/07 at 3:30am

Yes!! I love this show more and more every week.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#16re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/15/07 at 12:46pm

If she's playing an orthodontic technician, do you think this means Jesse Tyler Ferguson will be back as well, seeing as he played Betty's orthodontist (with a bit of a crush on our heroine)? Or are they just taking the "Betty is ugly because she wears BRACES haha!" thing a little too far when it comes to writing in one-shot characters?

Updated On: 4/15/07 at 12:46 PM

RevolutionaryCostume Profile Photo
RevolutionaryCostume
#17re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/15/07 at 4:45pm

I love this show so much!

I haven't enjoyed a show this much from the get-go since Six Feet Under!

I love the broadway references and cameos. I was so sad that Patti Lupone didn't play herself though, I really really wanted a scene Between Justin and Patti Lupone.

I love that kid. . cracks me up every time.

~Jacob.

cse0524
#18re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 4/15/07 at 5:30pm

He's hillarious! Reminds me of some kids I work with in the theatre. =)

colleen_lee
#19re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 5/17/07 at 8:15pm

Cheno's on. Just a reminder.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

keybowvio
#20re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 5/17/07 at 9:01pm

I just HAD to read this now (9:00 if you can't see the time above)

I hate school work more and more every night

theaterlover45 Profile Photo
theaterlover45
#21re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 5/17/07 at 9:05pm

I missed it! I cannot believe i missed it.

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#22re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 5/17/07 at 9:55pm

Fantastic finale. And she was great. She looked quite radiant, actually. "Drew Barrymore!", ahhhh, still cracks me up.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

Candleshoe2 Profile Photo
Candleshoe2
#23re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 5/17/07 at 10:04pm

Such a dramatic episode - but it really leaves me in suspense! I hope Chenoweth makes some more appearances on the show, she was great!

missyrose87
#24re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
Posted: 5/17/07 at 11:07pm

Dont forget the Wicked references that were recently in Ugly Betty- in one episode, she went to see Wicked