pixeltracker

One line from a musical stuck in your head?

One line from a musical stuck in your head?

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#1One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 10:17am

I don't often get full songs stuck in my head, but one particularly alliterative or catchy line? All the time. So if this happens to other people, what's stuck in your head?

My current example: "While he was working on a film on Ancient Rome / He made the slave girls take the gladiators home." - My Husband Makes Movies, Nine

Mattbrain
#2re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 10:18am

Rendezvous!!! That's French for f***in'!!!!

--The Great American Trailer Park Musical

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#2re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 10:28am

Their just like that couple from titanic only no one dies ...Ohmigod -Legally Blonde the musical

They say im dumber than a box of hair...Trailer park the musical

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#3re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 10:29am

Does "da-da-da-dum" count? (cause I say that all the time!)

Also-"my gawd"

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

Gothampc
#4re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 10:32am

This past weekend, I had the lyric "He answered duty's call" stuck in my head. It took me a long time to remember it was from "One More Angel in Heaven" from Joseph...Dreamcoat.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#5re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 10:53am

"Jerry has a new girl every night and not a one of them has cellulite." Grey Gardens The way Mary Louise sings that just hooks in my brain. It's "gonna be here for years and years and years!" :)

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Emcee4ever
#6re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 10:55am

Right now 'Beedle beedle dee dee! Two Ladies!' is stuck in my head from Cabaret.

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#7re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 10:56am

I've had "Hey, Hey, Shiksa Goddess, I've been waiting for someone like you" stuck in my head all morning...

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

Night707 Profile Photo
Night707
#8re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 11:13am

The Line:

"Now different is nice, but it sure isn't pretty, pretty is what it's about." - A Chorus Line.

I constantly have that stuck in my head.

:D

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#9re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 11:47am

"They held up that midget with Crazy Glue" from "Nothing Is Too Wonderful to Be True" in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#10re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 12:00pm

It's more a verse, but...

My bird is about to learn Lizzie's "You ride in your bright shiny wagon" verse from "You're Not Fooling Me" in 110 In The Shade because I've been singing it ever since I got the cast recording on Thursday. He's actually getting pretty good. :)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 5/29/07 at 12:00 PM

raphael06 Profile Photo
raphael06
#11re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 12:07pm

It's nothing life-changing but I can't stop singing, "The moment you walked in the joint..." just that one line.

"I chose and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not."-Sunday in the Park with George

sweetiedarlinmia Profile Photo
sweetiedarlinmia
#12re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 12:09pm

"Anything You do, Let it come from you, Then it will be new."

-Move On from Sunday in the Park with George

It rules my life.

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#13re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 12:41pm

"F#@K you Lady, that's what stairs are for!"

- Avenue Q

Surprising how many times that one comes to mind while traveling!

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#14re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 12:45pm

"Its from the rear you'll hear: I ain't down yet."

Unsinkable Molly Brown

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#15re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 12:52pm

"There is evil, ever around" Evita

jlbpr00
#16re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 12:57pm

Currently Move from Dreamgirls. The chorus is constantly in my head.

You know, ma'am, ? there's nothing I wouldn't do for you. ,If there was a monster or an ogre or anything bad like that wot was after you, I'd rip it apart with my bare fists, I would. - Sweeney Todd

#17re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 2:57pm

weirdly enough:

"sugary yum yum.......surprise!!!"

i know, really odd. but it plays in my head all day, ha. her voice, gosh.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#18re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 3:05pm

"Now...I still want, and or, love you."

NIGHT MUSIC

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#19re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 3:11pm

"Statue, statue, you are through" from the CAROLINE, OR CHANGE Epilogue.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#20re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 3:17pm

The one line that has stuck with me since I first saw this show years ago in London (with The Dame herself -- Miss Dench)

"To Flirt with rescue when one has no intention of being saved"-- from A Little Night Music.

It is one of those lines that haunts me to this day.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Gothampc
#21re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 3:20pm

There are many times when I go into older buildings in NYC and start thinking "Up a steep and very narrow stairway" from ACL.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

musicalangel12
#22re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 3:25pm

Lately, it's "Blah blah blah" in "Totally F*cked" in from "Spring Awakening." I don't know why, really. Maybe the tune's just catchy.

"Movies will make you famous; Television will make you rich; But theatre will make you good."--Terrence Mann

"Pretty much...if you've seen any shows that have a jerk boyfriend in that show...I'm that guy."--Richard H. Blake

Diane: Aww, you are such a chick flick. I would totally pay $12 to see you. (Kristin Chenoweth on "Ugly Betty") http://musicalangel12.blogspot.com <-- my blog. Give it a read, please.

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#23re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 3:26pm

Every time I watch Angela Lansbury in Sweeney Todd I end up with "Where are you hiding? Nothing's gonna harm you, darling, not while I'm around... demons are prowling everywhere, nowadays..." from when Mrs. Lovett is under the bakehouse stuck in my head.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#24re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
Posted: 5/29/07 at 3:31pm

Not so much a lyric as a line of dialogue, but from Amy and Bobby's exchange right after "Getting Married Today":

"You need to want to marry SOMEbody.. not some BODY."

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Videos