News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for beach2732

beach2732 Profile Photo
Member Name: beach2732
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NBC Super Bowl Commercial:
 Feb 7 2012, 07:38:36 PM
"I'm loving the Chuck love in this thread..."

Me too!
<3

Visually stunning plays?
 Jan 18 2012, 06:12:51 PM
I'd agree with Spider-man and War Horse. Two very different shows, but both are visually stunning!
$2 of FREE MP3s from Amazon for Thanksgiving :D
 Nov 27 2011, 09:49:43 PM
Thanks! :)
The Light in the Piazza
 Aug 17 2011, 12:23:28 AM
Oh! I love The Light in the Piazza. Seeing the PBS broadcast was the first time upon a musical's conclusion that I thought "Whoa! That was art!"

In regards to Clara's state:
I remember hearing that you are supposed to question her behavior in two ways: 1) Is Clara the way she is because of the kick in the head (i.e. developmentally delayed), or 2) is she this way because of her mother's behavior since the accident (sheltered so much to bring about her naivety / childlike behavior)?

Tours should have LOTTERY/RUSH!
 Aug 15 2011, 12:40:39 PM
Maybe the shows do not announce them, but theatres do offer rushes, limited views, and student discounts in the South. I guess it all depends on where you want to see a show (I've seen most of my Broadway shows in Georgia and Alabama). I have since moved for college, but I continue to rush tours in St. Louis.
stage door tips and etiquitte
 Aug 13 2011, 01:04:29 PM
As others have said, you may have trouble at matinees with actors coming out. I wanted to tell you about War Horse though. If you enter the theatre from its main entrance, the stage door is a level below it. When I went, there was nothing set up and no stage door guard (two things that are usually present). No people were waiting either. I left to take photos of the theatre and when I came back 15-20 mins later, one other person was waiting. We got Madeleine Rose Yen (the little girl), Peter He
RENT Review
 Aug 13 2011, 12:53:07 PM
"'Out Tonight: My first thought was "Whoa! Look at how original they are being: They are having Mimi dance on railings a level up while wearing a blue top, as opposed to having Mimi dance on railings a level up while wearing blue pants!" Then Mimi pulled the top down to be a skirt which made them lose that originality'

Wait, she wears a blue shirt now? It was more of a sparkly maroon tank top in previews with a black skirt."

Yes, you can actually watch the transition in this promo clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dusPSFO7d7s

RENT Review
 Aug 12 2011, 05:22:37 PM
In response to "how was the staging/direction compared to the original production," I'd like to offer up a very long, detailed review. I will thoroughly compare characters, scenes, actors, and production values between the original production (as I saw live and in the B’way filmed version) and this new version.

Where to start? How about the actors? I’ll try to make this as short and sweet as possible, because I already know that this critique will be rather lengthy.

• Mark:

Brantley on RENT....
 Aug 11 2011, 11:32:58 PM
I loved Annaleigh as Maureen.
'Disney Whore' - HELP!
 Jul 29 2011, 10:36:07 PM
I want one too! I keep singing it the last time I was at Disney!
SHREK THE MUSICAL -the best song
 Jul 24 2011, 02:50:19 PM
Who I'd Be

I also like the cut song "More to the Story"

Darren Criss to replace Danielle Radcliffe in HOW TO SUCCEED for a 3-week stint?
 Jul 21 2011, 08:38:59 PM
"All that for a THREE WEEK RUN? Why bother?"

My thought exactly. If you're only going to continue on for 3 weeks, taking on a new star doesn't make much sense. It would be better to go out with a bang on Daniel's last performance.

re: Mary Poppins rush
 Jul 21 2011, 10:29:44 AM
How is rush for this show lately?
I have a friend in town who wants to go. I love the advice given on which seats to get or not get, but does anyone know about times?
(How early do we need to get there? Or, do they always seem have tickets?)

Anything Goes student rush?
 Jul 19 2011, 12:01:18 PM
Student rush is only when there are tickets available, and since the show is selling out, there haven't been tickets to sell. I would recommend joining Hiptix. They have cheap student tickets for Anything Goes that you can purchase in advance (They set aside a certain number for every performance--they just go quickly and months in advance!).
Book of Mormon SRO, was it worth it?
 Jul 19 2011, 09:59:01 AM
I'm on the fence for this one. Am I glad I saw the show? Of course. Am I glad I only paid $27 for it? Absolutely. Do I think I would've enjoyed the show more had I not just spent 6+ hours waiting in line? I have no doubt. I like being in the club that can say I saw Book of Mormon, but I don't think I'd do SRO again. Sitting outside on a NY sidewalk for over 6 hours one time is enough for me!
H2$ Vs Spiderman
 Jul 19 2011, 09:53:51 AM
Daniel Radcliffe did not miss any performances for Harry Potter. The production canceled them (Well, the movie company bought them out, but it amounts to pretty much the same thing: no shows performed those nights).

Yes, H2$ has been a TKTS quite a lot recently.

Both shows have a general rush (you don't have to be a student). If you get to the BO early enough, you can get tickets quite easily for either show. I have rushed both in the past few months and got tickets each time

Rush/Lotto Ticket advice?
 Jul 17 2011, 11:21:31 PM
Rush-wise, Catch Me If You Can is very easy. I would recommend How to Succeed over that show though, and the wait isn't that bad. My sister was visiting this past Tuesday, and she got tickets by getting there at 7:30 (BO opens at 10). I did SRO for Mormon about a month and a half ago. I got in line at 1:30 for an 8 o'clock show (so tickets sold at 7). Obviously, that line has gotten much earlier!
Some suggestions
 Jul 17 2011, 11:17:41 PM
I would like to add to the visibility of cell phones chat from the previous page. I run crew at a fine arts center. One night while I was stuck up in the booth (I was spot op for this particular show), I noticed that every time there was a slight pause or scene switch, cell phones flickered on like crazy. During one transition I counted 16 phones light up!
How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door
 Jul 17 2011, 03:46:51 PM
I went to see H2$ again this past Tuesday. No longer content with simply skipping out on the curtain call, people are now getting up and leaving during "Brotherhood of Men" in order to go to the stage door. I thought it was extremely rude!
Rush/Lotto Ticket advice?
 Jul 17 2011, 03:43:46 PM
If you really want to see something, and it has a rush, you can get tickets if you are dedicated enough (meaning, wake up and get there early!). Since you're only here for a little bit, I'd recommend trying a rush over a lotto (again, lottos tend to be hard to win, and you can get a rush seat!). Knowing your show choices would make this easier to answer. There is pretty much a rush or lotto message board on every show, so you could try searching for it!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You