News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jimmcf

Jimmcf Profile Photo
Member Name: Jimmcf
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Should I See If/Then Before It Closes  Jan 10 2015, 06:38:57 PM
Can't remember when I disliked a show so much
re: Georgia Brown Solo Albums?  Jun 22 2009, 02:17:34 PM
I have that Gershwin and Weill cd - I might be able to e-mail you the tracks if you want.
re: A thread for those waiting on 9 TO 5 news to post tidbits in until real  May 7 2008, 10:51:41 PM
Dolly said the song "Backwoods Barbie" (from her latest cd) will be sung by Doralee in the show
re: Best Evita Album  Apr 18 2008, 06:57:40 PM
I guess I am in the minority, but I love the OLC with Elaine Paige. I tend to listen to that more than Broadway, as I am not a huge Mandy Patankin fan.
re: Patinkin's THE WILD PARTY fiasco  Feb 29 2008, 03:23:31 PM
From Datalounge:

I've got a Mandy story from THE SECRET GARDEN. This college friend of mine was cast in the original company as an ensemble member and understudy to "Lily". Ha, I haven't talked to her since the 80s, and don't remember her name -- but I do remember the story someone told me about her experience doing that show.

Mandy was a major DIVA during the rehearsal process. Had to have his OWN vocal coach, etc. Just a pain in everyone's ass what with his attitude, etc.
Free extra ticket tonight for "The Glorious Ones"  Jan 2 2008, 05:37:20 PM
PM me if you are interested.

Jim

re: 'Nick and Nora'  Dec 20 2007, 12:30:57 PM
Matty - Everyone saw it in previews - remember they kept extending the preview period so reviwers would not come in.

I saw it as well...I loved the old films, but this was an absolute mess.

Still I do have the cd on my ipod...go figure.

re: Sarah Brightman/John Cullum in Broadway's Aspects of Love.  Aug 1 2007, 04:11:45 PM
I believe she was in NYC around 1990 - it was the first show I saw on Broadway...and she was out the night I went.
re: Mandy Bruno...Les Mis  May 13 2007, 12:45:23 AM
Frances Ruffelle was the original and the best.
re: Sian Phillips  May 11 2007, 04:57:42 PM
She has written some incredibly fascinating autobiographies
re: Extra NYC Opera ticket tonight  Apr 6 2007, 06:10:38 PM
no one...really?
Extra NYC Opera ticket tonight  Apr 6 2007, 03:28:57 PM
My friend bailed out on me to go see Handel's "Flavio" at New York City Opera tonight.

Is anyone interested in accompanying me? No charge, just don't want the ticket wasted.

Jim

re: Riedel: Refunds Rampant after GREASE Finale  Apr 4 2007, 02:25:13 PM
Well next to hunky Chad and Jason (from 'Altar Boyz') Max is kinda nebbish (still). And I didn't get Austin's appel. I was only half watching the show, and after Chad was booted, I stopped even that.
re: New ABBA guys' musical replacing Color Purple at Broadway?  Mar 27 2007, 04:03:49 PM
Alice Ripley said at the concert she did a workshop for "Kristina' and she did not play the title role, but played Ulrika...who is "the town wh0re"

But she loved the son "You Have To Be There" and wanted to sing it.

re: New ABBA guys' musical replacing Color Purple at Broadway?  Mar 26 2007, 11:48:26 PM
I love the song Alice Ripley sang at Town Hall (and is on the Alice Ripley/Emily Skinner 'Raw At Town Hall' cd) - called "You Have To Be There."

It is incredibly gorgeous and moving.

re: Requierments for broadway actor to go over to London  Mar 26 2007, 11:43:33 PM
I am not sure - but it is a lot easier for a Broadway actor to go over than vice versa.

There is supposed to be recripocal agreements. For example, when American Equity did not want Sarah Brightman in 'The Phantom of the Opera' Andrew Lloyd Webber threatened to cancel the production (he had written it for her). In their subsequent agreement, he agreed to have an American actress in his next West End show. He actually had 2 - Ann Crumb and Kathleen Rowe McAllen in 'Aspects of Love.' <

re: Holy Carpinello! The Return of Saturday Night Fever Stars to B'way!  Mar 19 2007, 04:37:38 PM
I guess Cheyenne passed as well.

I also liked him in the Tori Spelling thing...I did not really care for him in 'Saturday Night Fever' - but then again, there was really nothing I liked in that show.

And Buffyverse fans, he is married to Amy Acker (Fred on 'Angel').

re: Shows that didn't do well on B'way, but have gone on to widely performed.  Mar 9 2007, 04:51:20 PM
'Seusical'

re: Starlight Express  Mar 9 2007, 11:03:05 AM
I saw a touring production about 15 years ago at the Wang Center in Boston...it was so-so.

Then I saw the London production, which was much better...and quite enjoyable.

But it was really never meant to be more than cats on skates.

Many Threads On Elphabas, But...  Mar 6 2007, 03:13:10 PM
I read the book many years ago, and saw the musical when it opened - but in my recollection - isn't Elphaba supposed to be pretty ugly?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You