News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for From32ndStreet

From32ndStreet Profile Photo
Member Name: From32ndStreet
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Brief comments on A STEADY RAIN
 Oct 11 2009, 07:31:39 PM
I must admit that I'm one of the many who jumped to get the premium tickets to A Steady Rain because of Hugh Jackman -- whom I've been a big fan of for years. Sure, it was a treat to see two mega movie stars on stage, but I walked out of the theatre thoroughly impressed by the two actors' skilled and committed performances.

As many reviewers have noted, Daniel's complete transformation into the character is remarkable, and I was drawn into his performance for the entire 90 minutes.

Giving flowers at the curtain call?
 Sep 19 2009, 02:43:31 PM
I saw a morning show host talking about an audience member giving flowers to Hugh Jackman at the curtain call of A Steady Rain. The host added that he felt bad Daniel Craig didn't get flowers....

I've never witnessed any fan giving flowers to a performer on a Broadway stage, but is that common at all? Assuming that the fan isn't running all the way from the rear orchestra or throwing a bouquet onto the stage (which could be dangerous and quite terrifying for the performer), do you

re: Billy Elliot Cancellation Line
 Jul 27 2009, 02:48:03 AM
I got to the box office around 12:15pm today for a 3pm matinee (meant to get there right at noon though...) and got two great tickets around 2. Thank you Geridith for the advice!

This was my fifth time seeing the show, but I've been truly inspired each time. Today was no exception, especially with Kiril (whose breathtakingly beautiful dancing, believe it or not, is getting even more dynamic and technically polished!) and David B. (who is clearly a comic genius, but he is also able to

re: Billy Elliot Cancellation Line
 Jul 25 2009, 05:19:07 PM
I'm trying the cancellation line tomorrow, for a 3pm Sunday matinee. Do you recommend I get there when the box office opens at 12?

Once I, as well as at least ten other people, got great seats by getting in line half an hour to ten minutes before the performance, but it was right before the Tony's, so I thought things might be different now. Any advice would be appreciated!

RE:
 May 31 2009, 07:18:48 PM
I finally got to see Hair today, and I just had to come here and say... I LOVED it!! I don't know if I've ever been in a theatre filled with such energy and joy. Every cast member shone, though I must admit I couldn't get my eyes off of Will Swenson! I walked out of the theatre feeling so inspired and energized, and though I didn't stagedoor, I really wanted to say thank you to everyone involved for this incredible production!

***** spoiler alert regarding audience interaction *****

So, I was sitting in Orchestra A101. When Will (Burger) asked me for a change while thrusting his pelvis *ahem* right in front of my face, I ended up handing him my wallet. Well, he brought it onstage, picked out a $20 bill, gave me back the wallet, and put the $20 in his crotch At that moment I figured the money was gone from me lol and it was ok because I had such a great time at the show, but does anyone know what they do with the money? Do they donate it to BroadwayCares, maybe? Either way, I still can't believe my $20 ended up in Will's crotch... haha.

re: SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE Closing Weekend Details Here
 Jun 29 2008, 10:11:30 PM
It truly was a beautiful, moving afternoon. This was my third visit to the production, and this time I sat in the very front row, just trying to take in every little moment and every little detail. The theatre was filled with so much love from everyone and I got teary as soon as Daniel stepped onto the stage. (Although people behind me who clearly hadn't seen the show before were making comments like "Well, I don't know anything about Seurat, but this had better be good." and I kept thinking, "Yes, yes, it will be magnificent." )

By the time final "Sunday" came around, I could hear people sobbing all around the theatre and Jenna seemed to be trying so hard not to let out her tears - until her "in our perfect park" line where she finally lost it, at which point I also could no longer hold back my tears. The dynamic leading into and during George's last few lines was unusual, as everyone was standing at this point and did not stop cheering, and Daniel was shaking as he was almost losing it. But Daniel was a pro and let out each word with so much heart then finally took a little pause before his very last word, "... possibilities." Throughout the bows and even after the cast left the stage, my tears did not stop running, and I clearly wasn't the only one. It was just incredible to be able to share the moment with people from all over the place, who were truly moved by the experience.

As I walked away from the theatre through the main door, still with tears in my eyes, I passed by Mr. Sondheim standing several buildings away. I doubted my eyes for a second since he was keeping such a low profile, and I was afraid to bother him, but he could not have been more generous. After shaking his hand and saying thank you for the creation of such a beautiful piece, I asked if he would mind signing the cast recording and he kindly told me he did not sign. I apologized for even asking (in fact I felt really bad for asking...) but he smiled back so charmingly and said "Don't be silly," turning what could have been a very uncomfortable moment into a rather sweet moment for me. At that point I started tearing up again, and I told him thank you for the last time and left.

Once I started walking away I was so overwhelmed - both from witnessing such a beautiful, unforgettable performance and now from meeting the living legend that I truly admire - that it took me at least ten blocks of walking to stop crying. And as I write this, I'm tearing up yet again....

I feel so grateful to have witnessed this stunning production - especially today at its final performance - and just want to say thank you for everyone involved. I will always treasure this experience and carry it with me as I continue on with my life.

re: Xanadu TKTS?
 Dec 29 2007, 03:54:31 AM
I bought my tickets at TKTS around 6pm on 12/26, and they were for the first row in mezz.

By the way, this was my first visit to Xanadu, and wow, if I lived in NYC I would definitely be frequenting the Helen Hayes

re: IS THERE STUDENT RUSH TO LITTLE MERMAID?
 Dec 15 2007, 07:01:03 PM
Sorry to thread jack, but has anyone had any luck with the cancellation tickets for The Little Mermaid? And if so, what time did you get in line? Any info would be appreciated!

Oh and KATHIEB2, the show officially opens on Jan 10, so the previews are over on Jan 9.

** Dates have been fixed. Thanks Testing!

re: Songs About Fashion?
 Nov 16 2007, 01:46:33 PM
My Strongest Suit - Aida :)
re: $35 Center Orchestra Seats To JOURNEY'S END
 May 25 2007, 12:42:44 AM
Mint, I went to box office around 11:30 today and got a front row aisle seat (AA101) for $20. Pretty much everybody else in row AA seemed to be at least my parents' age, though, so I doubt all front row seats were sold as student rush.

By the way, as the usher showed me my seat she said, "Don't touch the actors, ok? " which I found amusing. Instead of touching actors, though, I got the water splashed right in my face... ha!

As for the

re: Stomp or Blast?
 May 16 2007, 05:55:05 PM
Blast! is a top-quality spectacular, and I would recommend it to anyone. It's hard to explain what it is, but it's stirring both musically and visually, and you will have a grand experience.

Stomp has such raw energy that makes it exciting, but in my opinion the DVD "Stomp Out Loud" was much more intricate and fascinating than the stage version.

All that being said, my strong recommendation will be: seeing Blast! live and Stomp on DVD!

re: Legally at TKTS?
 Apr 17 2007, 10:48:24 PM
According to this website, it has been up some days.

http://www.entertainment-link.com/tkts.asp

Someone (can't remember who) posted this link before, and it's been very helpful

re: Happy 1500th Performance Avenue Q!
 Mar 5 2007, 11:40:24 PM
Just came back from Q's 1501st performance tonight.

After the show Christian Anderson announced that they were celebrating the 1500th (or, technically 1501st) performance on Broadway. With Jeff Marx joining the current cast onstage, they brought out a cake and sang a special version of Happy Birthday. (Happy 1500 to Q!) Jennifer Barnhart, with Lucy the Slut, blew the candles, and lots and lots of orange balloons covered the stage!

Christian said that they inv

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You