News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rgaywrites

rgaywrites Profile Photo
Member Name: rgaywrites
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Little House on the Prairie Musical - Denver review  Dec 17 2009, 11:45:11 PM
That crazy I Will Be Your Eyes is definitely still in the show and one of the more cringeworthy spectacles I've seen in recent memory but definitely not due to a lack of talent in the cast. The cast was great working with subpar material.
re: Reviews of Little House: The Musical  Jun 9 2009, 07:04:41 PM
I saw it twice in Minneapolis and wrote a review here:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?boardid=1&thread=967428#3652878

Long story short, it was a hot ass mess with potential under different direction.

re: New Tony winner marquees photos  Jun 9 2009, 02:57:13 AM
CATSNY, they often have them prepared in advance, just in case, much like both teams in a major sports final have champion t-shirts & hats printed to sell to fans as they leave the stadium at the end of a series. If a given team loses, and this is pretty sad, they throw away all the stuff they made.

Also, its NYC, and not that hard to get something like that printed overnight.

re: Here's why the touring shows WERE NEEDED at the Tony's  Jun 9 2009, 02:49:52 AM
As someone who lives in BFE part of the year, I agree that the touring shows are important and deserve promotion. The Legally Blonde performance was fine (and the tour production itself is fantastic), but Mamma Mia was, as others have noted, a tragedy and how many years in a row do we need to see a performance from the Jersey Boys. We GET it, already.

I do hope that the Tonys continue to acknowledge that theatre takes place beyond NYC. I also think, though I know this will never happen,

re: Stunning audio disasters at the Tony's  Jun 8 2009, 07:27:58 PM
NDR, they actually had a few rehearsals over the past couple weeks, which makes the atrocious sound engineering even more of a frak up. But even without rehearsal time, sound mixing is one of those things that as an industry, we pretty much have under control. The number of open mics, hearing people warming up and chatting and so on, were particularly galling for a national telecast.I've been thinking about the debacle all day. I know high school theatre programs that could have done better soun
re: Stunning audio disasters at the Tony's  Jun 8 2009, 12:57:28 AM
The sound problems were disasters and there's really no excuse for the many many problems. There were so many awkward open mic moments. I kept thinking, "We can HEAR you." There were balance issues that made some of the numbers downright uncomfortable. It's a real shame because it was otherwise one of the best Tony telecasts I've ever seen.
re: Little House on the Prairie Musical  Jan 23 2009, 04:04:21 PM
I saw the show in Minneapolis twice and if you search for Little House you can find my review. The show has great potential, but in its current incarnation it is quite disastrous. The creative team made so many baffling choices, you really have to see the show to understand. Having said that, there were some nice moments and the cast, for the most part, was great, doing the best with a very very weak script and some insane directing.
re: Songs about holding onto your dreams  Sep 2 2008, 01:16:46 AM
Scott Alan's I'm a Star.
re: Am I Being Creepy?  Sep 2 2008, 01:10:31 AM
There is nothing private about the Internet.
re: 49%  Aug 18 2008, 11:45:14 PM
Cheyenne Jackson's thighs are deserving of many many things.
re: 49%  Aug 18 2008, 10:48:04 PM
It is a bit ridiculous to say that a show should close, putting a bunch of people out of work, so another show, might have "a chance". Its not like there is a waiting line of shows hovering around the Lyceum unable to move forward because [tos] is in the theatre. Broadway is a business. If a show can afford its rent and producers are willing to pay the weekly nut at a loss, they can stay in a theater until the well runs dry, not to mention that the [tos] nut is fairly reasonable so for all we kn
re: Little House on the Prairie  Aug 17 2008, 08:54:57 PM
I remember Hester Sue very well. She was a great character.
re: Little House on the Prairie  Aug 17 2008, 01:59:40 PM
exedore, Patash, I had no idea about the black doctor! That makes much more sense.
re: HAIR - wait line survival guide!  Aug 17 2008, 01:57:01 PM
I'm dying to know... how do you handle bathroom needs?
re: Your thoughts on something Patti said at the stage door...?  Aug 17 2008, 05:09:11 AM
It sounds like she was offering a small kindness. After a few years in the business he will look back on that night and marvel.
re: Little House on the Prairie  Aug 17 2008, 03:36:30 AM
I just got back to my hotel from this absolutely bewildering mess of a show. I understand why Broadway is now off the table for this production. It would be eviscerated in NY.

Let me begin by saying that I love the Little House on the Prairie books and the TV show and I love good theater, bad theater and mediocre theater. I really wanted to fall in love with this show. I am bereft that I didn't.

Stop reading if you don't want to be spoiled.

The Guthrie is a

re: people in lighting booth at rent watching tv? distracting?  Jul 11 2008, 12:15:12 AM
So much of theater work involves waiting and sitting around and if you don't fill the time you will go crazy. When I work shows, I am fully prepared with distraction materials because once your cues are in your body, you can really do your work in your sleep. Now that most theaters have wireless it is much easier to deal with sitting around.

Actors do all sorts of things to fill the time between on stage appearances. Sometimes, they even play weird little on stage games. Ninety-nine per

re: The Search for Elle THOUGHTS!  Jun 30 2008, 11:10:21 PM
Like Emma or not, Paul's comment about it being too late to call out was so silly. It's one thing to have a cold and another thing entirely to have bronchitis. And I've seen performers call out during a show when they couldn't continue. There's rarely such a thing as too late given how most shows double or triple up on understudies for major roles.
re: Little House on the Prairie  Jun 27 2008, 05:37:17 PM
I just got my tickets for the show (8/16, evening performance) and tickets are selling pretty fast. People started getting in line at 5:30 this morning from what I hear and I was on hold for nearly an hour buying tickets by phone. If you want to see Little House, you may want to get your tickets sooner than later.
re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Jun 19 2008, 01:18:11 AM
Whatever his personal antics may be, his voice is otherworldly. I love his voice so much that I can forgive him the beard.

He is so phenomenal in The Secret Garden and Sunday in the Park With George.

It must have been so exciting to meet him.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You