New Tony winner marquees photos

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#1New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 12:13am

Didn't see Next to Normal's up yet, but a few other shows already had their Tony winner marquees up this afternoon...

SahDu
#2re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 2:22am

Awesome. Thanks for that.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 2:44am

How did they have those printed up so fast?!? That's crazy.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#3re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 2:50am

I remember God of Carnage had changed its marquees the afternoon of the Tony nominations. They are quick with those signs!

~Steven

rgaywrites Profile Photo
rgaywrites
#4re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 2:57am

CATSNY, they often have them prepared in advance, just in case, much like both teams in a major sports final have champion t-shirts & hats printed to sell to fans as they leave the stadium at the end of a series. If a given team loses, and this is pretty sad, they throw away all the stuff they made.

Also, its NYC, and not that hard to get something like that printed overnight.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#5re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 8:16am

I remember God of Carnage had changed its marquees the afternoon of the Tony nominations.

Speaking of, that was my favorite nominations sign- the entire cast!

re: New Tony winner marquees photos

PiraguaGuy2
#6re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 8:18am

Actually, they donate the losing team's hats and clothing to kids in third-world countries, and no, I'm not joking.

Some little malnourished African boy is probably walking around wrapped in a banner that says "Constantine Maroulis - BEST ACTOR!".

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#7re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 8:30am

Nice to know all those t-shirts go to a good cause.

There was a recent article on playbill talking about how the new technology for making signage can get sings done in a matter of hours, so I suppose the producers just put in a rush order.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#8re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 9:05am

if shows do get stuff printed up before the awards are announced, they should sell some of it at the Flea Market. I'd totally rock a "Wicked - 2004 Tony Winner for Best Musical" shirt.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

broadwayman17
#9re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 6:22pm

wow they got those up fast, last year i remember it taking like 4-5 days post Tony's to take down all the "Nominated for (Inset number) Tonys including..." and get the winners sign up

Yes, but sometimes people have a third deeper layer thats the same as the first. Like pie. Dr. Horrible

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#10re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 6:26pm

The turn-around for marquee additions/changes post-Tonys has been 1-2 days for the past few years. I even remember one show changing theirs on MONDAY MORNING, just hours after winning their awards.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

FindingNamo
#11re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 6:28pm

That's a real coup for Ave Q getting Marcia Gay Harden so soon after the Tonys. She's probably a great Kate Monster.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Broadwayboy2631 Profile Photo
Broadwayboy2631
#12re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 6:30pm

All of those wins were pretty predictable.

FindingNamo
#13re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 6:33pm

Kinkos can whip that stuff up in about two hours. It is indeed, not rocket scientism.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#14re: New Tony winner marquees photos
Posted: 6/9/09 at 6:49pm

It took Next to Normal forever to put up their signs post-nominations. Who knows how long it'll take for them to put up their signs for their wins.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."