MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#1MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/18/08 at 11:47pm

I have to say, I was very excited tonight. I met the one and only Mandy P tonight at a celebration for Barney Greengrass.
Mandy is cool.
He was very gracious. He is a really nice guy! I am sorry but it was a thrill to meet him.

Alec Baldwin was there too. I still don't have the courage to talk to Alec but he was three feet from me.

You can actually see a few shots from the event on http://www.corinescorner.com
Photos by John Halperin. Updated On: 6/19/08 at 11:47 PM

IsolatingAge
#2re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/18/08 at 11:51pm

Was he still sporting a crazy Tevya beard?

You must think I'm still sixteen. I dropped out of high school for a reason. And I don't care if you're pretty. I'm not admitting you are right. My soul is not a stage. I won't pretend I'm anything I'm not

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#2re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/18/08 at 11:53pm

Yes. He told me that he will be in a show at the Culture Project and he is growing the beard for the role.

HE WAS A GEM. I was so excited to meet him. It was a thrill. The beard is not sexy but Mandy was charming.

He is my favorite singer so I am on a cloud!!!! He has Duncan Sheik's old facial hair.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#3re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/19/08 at 12:27am

He seems like a really charming and personable guy. I'd love to meet him. Not only is he a very accomplished stage actor but he created one of the most memorable film roles in the past 20 or so years.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#4re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/19/08 at 12:32am

Oh, I thought this was about Mandy Gonzalez.

Way to specify, Corine.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

rgaywrites Profile Photo
rgaywrites
#5re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/19/08 at 1:18am

Whatever his personal antics may be, his voice is otherworldly. I love his voice so much that I can forgive him the beard.

He is so phenomenal in The Secret Garden and Sunday in the Park With George.

It must have been so exciting to meet him.

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#6re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/19/08 at 1:27am

He is brilliant in so many ways. But he looked like Quest For Fire

jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
#7re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/19/08 at 1:42am

Corine, why didn't you talk to Alec?

Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#8re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/19/08 at 9:24am

Alec was talking to someone and I have a crush on Alec. It is hard for me to talk to people I have a crush on.
Even puffy, Alec is hot. I do know about his temper. Thankfully, there was a lot of air-conditioning there. He puts his fist through the wall from heat.

Mandy was very charming and I have heard he is not. He was really nice and it made my day! (I LOVE HIS VOICE AND HE SANG AT THE EVENT!!!!!!) re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#9re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/19/08 at 9:48am

Mandy? I thought this was a Barry Manilow thread.

Yankeefan007
#10re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/19/08 at 9:48am

Mandy will be playing Prospero in THE TEMPEST.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#11re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/19/08 at 10:23am

On stage he has something of a poor reputation as being somewhat self indulgent. Not unlike his FORBIDDEN BROADWAY parody, and then there was his behaviour in THE WILD PARTY both onstage and off.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#12re: MANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/19/08 at 11:30am

Well, he was very nice at Barney Greengrass last night. And a reporter friend told me Alec was nice also.

Mandy must be happy when eating smoked fish.
Barney Greengrass is a fantastic place. I didn't eat. I spent all of my time chatting with the crowd.