News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ChairinMain

ChairinMain Profile Photo
Member Name: ChairinMain
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 23 2024, 12:58:50 PM

I cheer this news, but as I will not be in NY until late November, I am praying for an additional extension. C'mon Cole, take us through the holidays!

Broadway Real Estate 2024-25
 Jul 16 2024, 12:28:26 PM

REDWOODS is taking the Nederlander starting January 25th.

Broadway Rumors/Whispers
 Jul 10 2024, 03:36:58 PM

you mean his Macbeth? (His Hamlet was over 10 years ago.) And I could see that happening, but I don't know he's enough of a name stateside to sell it. Which is a flipping shame. But you pair him with an A-list Lady Mac and I guess I am eating ramen for a few months to afford tickets!

Horror On Broadway?
 Jul 3 2024, 02:40:10 PM

Well, I do know of a show where multiple people got attacked by a serial killer obsessed with a woman he couldn't have, but it only rather like 35 years so I don't know if that counts. 

Why hasn't The Wizard of Oz appeared more on Broadway?
 Jul 3 2024, 12:00:23 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Actually surprised ALW’s adaptation of The Wizard of Oz never actually made it to Broadway."

Having seen it...I am not surprised.

2024-25 Second Stage on Broadway season announced
 Jun 25 2024, 12:17:19 PM

I'll echo the last post. I came in with very low expectations for this particular piece and found it really exhilarating. It's very much of the "August: Osage County/Appropriate" style family potboiler show, and a very well crafted one at that. Funny and deep without being too self-serious, and the family's tendancy to break into Christmas carols and hymns is a delightfully weird touch. The play's best feature is a tendency towards hyper-realistic overlapping dialogu

Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 12 2024, 11:55:38 AM

everythingtaboo said: "It only just occurred to me Tony Sunday is also Father's Day. Does that Act One show on Pluto get replayed? I'm worried I won't be home in time for it."

I consider this a particularly genius prank on the stereotypically straight dads of America. 

COMPANY Revival On Tour - News & Discussion Thread
 Jun 8 2024, 12:40:22 AM

bear88 said: "Planning to see the tourin San Francisco this weekend. Is this one where being close is better, even if you’re on the side?"

I saw the show opening night at the Orpheum. I think you’d probably be largely fine on the sides, but if you have a thing about being able to see the whole set. might be better to be slightly further back but close to center. The side sightlines at the Orpheum can be unforgiving, and this production takes pl

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
 May 28 2024, 06:02:06 PM

I heard the audio of the act II finale before It was removed from youtube. It is...not correct. She possesses neither the acting chops for the role (I realized this was the first time I had ever heard her deliver dialogue) nor does her voice, her signature squeezed soprano, sound correct in Norma's music. She sang what I heard of the show fully classically; chest voice to head voice, no mixing and no belt. Her voice is in decent shape for someone in her 60s, but it's not a good m

SWEENEY TODD To Close On May 5, 2024
 Mar 12 2024, 12:48:56 PM

Dang. I had hoped We'd see one more set of leads on this one (I had my unrealistic hopes for Jinkx Monsoon or Amber Gray). And I had also hoped that Death becomes her would open in the fall, so it would line up with some stuff I wanted to see at the Met, but even this out-of-towner can admit that it's better timing to open in the spring. 

Why don’t actors share roles on Broadway?
 Feb 29 2024, 06:02:39 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "The8re phan said: "Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternated the two leading roles in the recent revival of the Little Foxes"

Oddly enough, Linney was nominated for a Best Actress Tony Award and Nixon for Best Featured Actress.
"

They were nominated for the roles they each played on the production's opening night; so Linney was nominated for Regina and Nixon for Birdie.

Musical or Play for Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman
 Feb 12 2024, 12:05:53 PM

Here me out...Stine and Stone in City of Angels. I don't know if Reynolds has the stamina or vocal skill to actually do eight shows a week, but theoretically, this would be a show that plays to both of their strengths. In my wildest dreams, it might even be a case where they could True West/Little Fox it and swap roles every night.

The Wiz returning to Bway in 2023 after National Tour
 Jan 31 2024, 07:09:29 PM

I don't usually feel this way but I do hope that for the Broadway leg of the tour they throw a little extra money at the set. I don't think they will, but a trap door could do wonders for the fluency of the show. 

SMASH Reading Lottery
 Jan 31 2024, 07:07:50 PM

I need. ALL the details. A full spilling of this show's tea please. 

Jan 30 2024, 01:56:53 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "I didn’t hate Glinda singing “He’s the Wiz” but it seemed half baked. We know who Glinda is through other media but she kind of just walked out, sang the song and left. She should have more dialogue in the scene to establish her character. Even by the end of the show with her additional scene in act two Glinda was the most under developed character."

Unfortunately, that's the script structure to blame; in

Jan 27 2024, 09:12:50 PM

Rentaholic2 said: "Can someone who has seen the show clarify for me - is Adderperle even a named character anymore? I understand from prior posts that Allyson Kaye Daniel has Adderperle's lines, and Glinda now sings "He's the Wizard." But on the website, Daniel is just listed as "Ensemble." Do they even refer to her as Adderperle in the show? What purpose does her character serve if Glinda is now in the scene and sings the song?"

She's

MEAN GIRLS Movie Musical - News & Discussion Thread
 Jan 12 2024, 01:21:02 PM

One review claims that Grey Henson has a cameo in the film, but i can't find any other info about it. Does he? 

Any more rumored NYC Sondheim besides 'Old Friends'?
 Jan 3 2024, 06:36:35 PM

I send out into the universe that the rumored Cate Blanchett-lead NIGHT MUSIC comes to fruition.

Any more rumored NYC Sondheim besides 'Old Friends'?
 Jan 3 2024, 01:34:05 PM

Top of my wish list is an afro-centric Follies with Audra McDonald as Sally, Norm Lewis as Ben, Renee Elise Goldsbury as Phyllis and Wayne Brady as Buddy.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jan 2 2024, 05:54:16 PM

BeingAlive44Ever said: "ChairinMain said: "With the musical field so wide open, we're not going to be able to make accurate predictions in the acting categories until most of the reviews are in and the dust settles in April, but I'd be surprised to see Bart get a nom, it's a crowded field. Right now the performances I'm watching in Supporting Actor in a musical are Dan Radcliffe and Brandon Victor Dixon in Hell's Kitchen, and the guys in Cabaret. Chip Zie

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You