News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for istillbelieve24601

istillbelieve24601 Profile Photo
Member Name: istillbelieve24601
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: A song that you hate in a musical you love
 Apr 19 2008, 09:50:32 PM
I always skip songs, but my least favorite song of nearly any song on my Ipod happens to be from one of my favorite shows-- Dog Eats Dog from Les Mis. Even when I saw the show for the first time, I kind of zoned out and was like "ooh pretty lights, bad song" during that scene.
Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Apr 19 2008, 09:40:08 PM
Even though I do like Gypsy and really enjoyed the LuPone revival, I think as a show it's a bit overrated. The plot is good, and with a great Rose it can be extremely entertaining and captivating, but the music by itself does nothing to me.
re: One Day In New York, Best Show To See?
 Apr 19 2008, 09:31:49 PM
Since it's looking like everyone's reccomending either YF or Gypsy, I'm definitely going to cast my vote for Gypsy. YF is sort of dime-a-dozen, cute and funny but nothing great, but Gypsy is simply amazing. Patti is beyond brilliant as Rose-- she gets so into character its scary.
re: Welcome to Broadway John Owen Jones!
 Oct 24 2007, 09:58:40 PM
Is Judy better than Lea as Fantine?
re: Worst performances you've seen
 Aug 12 2007, 11:05:02 PM
Rosie O'Donell in the Fiddler on the Roof revival. I didn't mind Harvey (he wasn't that bad) but Rosie was just awful. I'm easy. I don't really care if an actor can't act or sing- it's not their fault. When an actor can passably act and passibly sing yet they chose not to, that bugs me.

re: Les Mis: Which recording do you prefer?
 Aug 12 2007, 10:56:27 PM
Gary Morris sounds like a country Western singer gone bad as Valjean.

As for a Les Mis recording... you can't go wrong with any recording because the first recording you listen to, the one that introduces you to the show will always be your favorite. I know the OLC isn't the best recording out there, and I have the 3 main English recordings and the TAC on VHS, yet it's my personal favorite because I learned to love the show by listening to the OLC.

re: Seeing Shows Multiple Times
 Aug 3 2007, 04:21:30 PM
I don't see the problem seeing a show multiple times with different cast members, and some shows you need to see multiple times just to absorb everything (Les Mis for instance) but once you go past twenty, I think it becomes unhealthy. True, seeing Legally Blond 16 times in 4 months isn't really harmful, but would it kill him to see it 15 times and donate the money for the 16th ticket to charity instead?
re: Good Morning, Baltimore!!...scuze me!
 Aug 3 2007, 01:58:46 PM
I love that kid so much. I watch the show just to see what he comes up with each week... He doesn't have a bad voice either. I can't wait until a few years from now, when Ugly Betty is over, he'll probably be celebrity headlining Chicago or Hairspray.

Is the actor like that in real life though? At the Tonys, I couldn't figure out if his little speech was an extention for his character...

re: Worst Broadway Audience Ever?
 Aug 3 2007, 11:41:26 AM
Ahh... more stories...

When I went to see The Wedding Singer, we located the aisle which our seats were in fairly quickly (we had gotten 2nd row orchestra tickets off the TKTS board the second week of the show's run). I was dismayed to see that I was sitting next to a rather overweight older woman.However, I looked at my ticket a few seconds after I sat down and I realized I was in the wrong seat. As I moved to a seat at the other end of the row, I distinctly heard the obese woman say:

re: Rent -for an Ipod generation ??
 Aug 3 2007, 11:16:34 AM
I"m trying to keep an open mind, but it's hard.

Rent really doesn't NEED updating for this generation. I'm a member of the Ipod generation. My first exposure to Rent was the movie. Most of my friends were exposed to it in the same way. Many of my friends have gone to see the show for the first time- and we all loved it. I'm not a fangirl, but when I saw the stage show I wasn't really crazy about all the cast members, but I didn't think it was tired or outdated. RENT is only tired nad ou

re: Spring Awakening Tour Cast?
 Aug 2 2007, 08:15:28 PM
They want Moritz to be a comic actor?

The issue lies in the definition of 'mainstream'
 Aug 2 2007, 08:11:42 PM
You know, I think lately Broadway has become more of a part of teenage pop culture than it has in a very long time. I'm not saying it's up to the levels it was during the Golden Age of Musicals. Shows like Rent, Wicked, Hairspray and The Producers (and Legally Blond too, I suppose) have crossed over into teenage girl pop culture. I'm counting down the days until Spring Awakening has a boom and becomes as popular as any of the shows I've just mentioned. Obviously, the movie versions of Rent and H
re: Harry Potter: the Musical!
 Jul 31 2007, 10:20:26 AM
Great poster, but you're missing many of the main characters like Neville and Dumbledore. I'm sorry... but since when is Bellatrix or Malfoy more important than Dumbledore?

Seriously though, a LOT of showtunes apply to Harry Potter. I can easily see a bunch of pairs singing "All the Wasted Time" (esp. Lupin and Tonks) "Lily's Eyes" for James and Snape, Lupin singing "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" Harry's parents singing "Those You've Known." God... it's probably possible to stage the

re: Worst Broadway Audience Ever?
 Jul 30 2007, 02:32:54 PM
When I saw a Les Mis revival matinee, there were about four empty seats a few rows ahead of us. I didn't think much of it in the beggining of the show. At intermission, I thought about moving with my sister to the empty seats (I was surrounded by a bunch of families) but figured it was only a few rows up, it wasn't a major difference. Act II begins. The seats remain empty. At around 5:00, during the final battle when the barricade is falling, a group of people traipse down the aisle and are esco
re: Drew Sarich as Valjean in Les Miz
 Jul 30 2007, 02:20:21 PM
What's the appeal of Drew Sarich? I never understood... sure, he's young, cute and fairly talented, but that still doesn't explain the undying devotion so many "Drewbies" give him.
re: Chorus line, Curtains, or another show?
 Jul 30 2007, 02:16:25 PM
I would chose A Chorus Line, based on the other two musicals that you're seeing. Curtains fits perfectly in with Mary Poppins and Legally Blond- it has lots of big ensemble dancing, it's enjoyable and it makes you laugh. It's a fun show. A Chorus Line however, despite the performances, is just so much more than "a fun show." If you were seeing any other shows, I would suggest Curtains but since you're seeing a bunch of really fun shows I suggest you see a show that has gone down in the Broadway
re: Spring Awakening rush information
 Jul 27 2007, 03:01:05 PM
I'm really thinking about doing student rush for SA, since that will be my only chance to see the show, but I've never done rush before. If I wanted to go on a Tuesday or Thursday night, I would have a better chance of getting tickets than if I went for a Saturday matinee, right? Also, is there a chance it will be on the TKTS board? I'm usually get my tickets through TKTS or broadwaybox.com, I'm new to the rush.
re: 7/29 - Divas Clearing Out of Town?
 Jul 27 2007, 02:48:34 PM
I think another qualifying factor in being a diva, besides the fact that they're brilliant onstage and have pleny of drama offstage is a role that carries the entire show. While Lea Salonga is a great Fantine, her current Broadway role is too small to carry an entire show...
re: Listen to the CD or See the Show First?
 Jul 26 2007, 05:03:21 PM
I usually get the cast album first, for the simple reason that I only get to see a few Bway shows a year and I want to make sure I'm going to like the show that I pick out to see. I make it a point not to get too cozy with the music before I see the show- I try to get it so I can hum along a little and know some of the words, but not to the point that I could go up there and sing the songs myself. Then, I try not to listen to the music for a few weeks before.

I like knowing some of the

re: What's Next for Laura Benanti??
 Jul 26 2007, 12:26:44 PM
Um... Eli Stone got picked up, bur I really doubt it's going to be a long-lasting show. I watched a few preview clips of it (unfortunately Laura wasn't in any of them) and the show looks quite terrible. I know several people who take voice lessons from Laura's mother; I'll try to find out what she's doing next.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You