News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nathanlaneismyhero

nathanlaneismyhero Profile Photo
Member Name: nathanlaneismyhero
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Liza at Grey Gardens
 May 12 2007, 11:51:44 PM
Is it just me, or does Liza look a million times better without all that make up caked on her face. I think she looked great in the pics from when she went to see Grey Gardens.
re: Mamet's Return to Broadway!
 May 10 2007, 09:41:46 PM
I think that Nathan would be fantastic in a role such as this one!!! I will be definitely be there if he is in it!!
re: Rate the musical above you.
 May 7 2007, 11:52:35 PM

The Frogs

re: If your life was a Broadway musical
 May 6 2007, 03:18:56 AM
I love these! They're so much fun!

Overture: "Another Opening, Another Show" by Cole Porter, from Kiss Me Kate

Waking up in the morning: "Virtual Insanity" by Jamiroquai

First day at school: "Timeless to Me" sung by Nathan Lane and from Hairspray

Falling in love: "Thank Goodness" from Wicked

Fight song: "Tango: Maureen" from Rent

Breaking up: "Love and Memories" by O.A.R. That kind of makes sense!

Prom: "Under Pressure" by David Bowi

re: Your Top 50 Favorite Musicals
 May 6 2007, 03:00:41 AM
50 is a lot, so I will just name a few"

The Producers
Fiddler on the Roof
Kiss Me Kate
The Music Man
Guys and Dolls
Funny Thing
Chicago
Rent
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Cabaret
The Sound of Music
Wicked
The Last Five Years
Hairspray
Avenue Q
South Pacific

re: Is 2 shows in 1 day too much?
 May 2 2007, 12:10:30 PM
If you love theatre, then 2 shows in one day isn't enough!! I have on many occasions seen 2 shows in one day and it's a lot of fun.
re: St. Louis Shakespeare in the park! A western version of Much ado?!
 May 2 2007, 01:34:16 AM
fair enough
re: St. Louis Shakespeare in the park! A western version of Much ado?!
 May 1 2007, 01:47:12 PM
You and me both! The past few years have been fantastic! I certainly hope that this one is too!
St. Louis Shakespeare in the park! A western version of Much ado?!
 May 1 2007, 12:14:40 PM
I have a good friend in the show and she tells me that they have turned the show into a western. I am afraid to see it. Any other St. Louis natives worried about our Much Ado About a Western??
re: Fox Theatre (St. Louis) 2007-08 Schedule
 May 1 2007, 12:09:41 PM
Oh man, I give up. No I am not excited about seeing High School Musical. I'm just saying that for the 22 years that I spent in St. Louis, we rarely got shows that big to come through town, so it figures that it would happen once I leave. I know that the shows will come through Chicago, thank you. That wasn't the point.
 May 1 2007, 12:40:07 AM
Oh, I wasn't complaining about the theatre's here in Chicago, they're great! Unfortunately, St. Louis only has one big theatre and it doesn't usually get a lot. I am very glad that I decided to go to school in Chicago, it has been a great experience!
re: Does Butley have a chance at the Tonys?
 Apr 29 2007, 08:23:00 PM
I think that the show was great. Nathan did a fantastic job with the material. I know that Nathan got a mention for the Drama Desk Awards, but as for the Tony's, I'm not sure. I would love to see Nathan or Dana nominated, but none of us know what will happen.
 Apr 29 2007, 06:17:11 PM
Makes me wish I was back in STL and not in Chicago. Stuff like that never came through when I lived there.
re: DRS Tour VS Rent Tour?
 Apr 28 2007, 06:03:57 PM
DRS, no question! I love Rent, but it tours every year. Who knows if DRS will tour again anytime soon. Plus I saw the touring cast and they are very good! Not as good as Norbert and Jonathon Pryce, but damn they can make you laugh!
re: Moon & Inherit the Wind Stage Door. Do they come out?
 Apr 27 2007, 02:09:17 PM
I met Kevin in London a few years ago after a production of National Anthems at The Old Vic. He signed my NA poster and my Beyond the Sea soundtrack. I don't think I could ever sell that stuff. It has too much meaning. It kind of sucks for true fans who want the stuff for them as opposed to people who just want to make money off of him. That makes me sad.
re: Broadway related Ugly Betty News for the finale! (spoilers)
 Apr 25 2007, 12:07:23 PM
"Betty gets mugged. Her glasses fall off, her fake teeth get knocked out, and everyone realizes she is pretty. The point of the show ends. Betty is shot."

I know it's a joke, or at least I hope it's a joke, but still......was that really necessary? There are a lot of people posting on here that are fans of the show. Like me. If you don't like it, then don't post. It's that simple.

re: Going To The Theatre Alone
 Apr 25 2007, 12:04:25 PM
Every Broadway show have seen, I have been to alone. I am very picky when I go to the theatre. I don't like it if people try to talk to me during a show, so I just go by myself most of the time. That way I can focus and take it all in. As for movies, I hate going by myself. I always have a friend with me! That's kind of weird, but I'm a theatre major, not a film major, so maybe not.
re: DANG!!!! HAIRSPRAY LOOKS GOOD
 Apr 25 2007, 12:01:26 PM
"And BTW, The Producers and Rent didn't fail because they used original cast members. They failed because THEY WERE SHIT!!!!!"

I agree that the movie versions of these shows were not that great. I honestly think that Rent was better than The Producers. But I also believe that they shouldn't have made The Producers into a movie again. It was just another way to make money off of Nathan and Matthews names (which they didn't really succeed at).

As for Hairspray, I am totally psych

re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
 Apr 25 2007, 11:42:12 AM
Mike Starr after The Odd Couple last summer. He was so awesome!
Matthew Broderick also after The Odd Couple. He looked a little upset at first, but after about 30 sec. he was chatting and smiling away.
Dana Ivey after Butley. She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met.
Stephen Weber is also a big sweetheart.
Kevin Spacey

re: Fun stage door/baskstage stories
 Apr 25 2007, 11:30:53 AM
It's not really all that fun, but last Jun I got to meet the entire cast of The Odd Couple minus Nathan Lane. That was pretty awesome. I'm sure though as you can guess, I was there for Nathan, so after the crowd cleared out, there were about 5 Nathan fans who waited a few extra minutes, just in case. While we were standing there, a guy started yelling at the building, "Come out Nathan, We know you're in there. Come on Nathan, it's not like we're going to hurt you." That's when I realized that wh
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You