News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Chardonnay

Member Name: Chardonnay
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Legally Blonde Rush
 Jun 27 2008, 02:29:32 PM
I'm so glad you guys are talking about this. I've been meaning to start one, but I was worried I'd get my head bitten off...

I'm wondering what happens to the premium seats that don't get sold (IF they don't get sold). Do they release them at regular orchestra price when it gets closer to the date? I was just playing around on Tuesday and saw what was available for Wednesday and they gave me a Center C seat for orchestra price (111 or whatever)... that's premium, isn't it? Just curiou

re: Riedel: 'Cast Search Isn't Ogre'
 Feb 18 2008, 11:32:51 AM
Ben Crawford

re: Word of Mouth - The Little Mermaid
 Jan 13 2008, 04:08:08 PM
I know it's already been said, but Sierra's curtain call is priceless!!! Love her!

Sherie is hysterical!!!

re: Playbill is going to debut Mermaid Cast Album
 Jan 12 2008, 02:37:54 PM
Someone posted the website for the software that allows you to record your computer's sound bites, like NotBarker,Todd (btw... that was so incredibly nice of you). Anyway, I can't find it... could someone please post it again or PM me? I would really appreciate it!!!

PS Really enjoyed the LM broadcast. Most of the music is really pleasant. Too bad the tunes are muffled by an absolutely heinous design concept in the actual show. Oh well... I guess Disney can't win them all. I just wish L

Xanadu, Grease, Purple, and Blonde ticketing question
 Dec 2 2007, 02:02:40 PM
I'm not sure if I'm gonna get attacked for this or not, but I'm desperate for answers so I'll take the chance...

I'm heading to the city soon and I'm not sure how the rush lines have been looking lately. What would be a good time to show up for...

Xanadu (Weekend Matinee)
Color Purple (Weekend Matinee)
Legally Blonde (Weekday Evening)

Also, do you think the Brooks Atkinson box office will have single seats the day of a Grease performance or is it pretty sold o

re: How are Lisa and Harry in CHICAGO?
 Jun 21 2007, 01:50:55 AM
I saw her in Portland. I wasn't a fan. She was incredibly awkward and far from humorous. She cracked on "My Own Best Friend" and the monologue before "Roxie" was the most painful 10 minutes. I'm happy for her if she improves, but lord almighty... it was brutal. MY OPINION.
re: Word of Mouth Goes To The Tonies
 Jun 11 2007, 08:17:57 PM
WOW!!! I didn't realize there was so much hatred towards "word of mouth"

I really like watching them. I don't agree with them frequently, but I still enjoy them.

You guys are brutal... Jason Robert Brown? Dreamgirls?

re: Best (and worst) dressed
 Jun 11 2007, 08:10:35 PM
I thought so many females looked fabulous... I loved Christine and Lae's gowns, Idina Menzel looked gorgeous, ahh... the list goes on and on...

Marcia Gaye Harden... AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! I saw a red carpet picture with her and some guy (I think it was her hubby) and I thought... WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU LET HER WALK OUTSIDE DRESSED LIKE THAT?!?!?! It was simply way way way too much.

re: Fantasia's Performance: RATE IT
 Jun 11 2007, 08:02:15 PM
I thought she was fantastic! I'm not a huge Fantasia fan, but after that performance... I want to go see the show now! I've never had the desire, but she got my vote.
re: Best Preformance of the night?
 Jun 11 2007, 07:55:12 PM
I'm honestly shocked at how many people adored Audra's performance. I was highly disappointed and thought 110 in the Shade was in the weaker half of the bunch. She was okay, but definitely not the best... in my opinion.

I thoroughly enjoyed most of the performances (Raul (even though I'm not a huge fan of his voice... his virbrato is a little too intense for me), Curtains, Chorus Line, Fantasia, and dare I say... Mary Poppins and SA) Christine had great comedic timing, but I was bored

re: Mary Poppins/Ashley Brown Stage Door help
 Jun 7 2007, 08:42:47 PM
When I saw Mary and met Ashley and Gavin at the SD in March, I asked ushers where the door was and they directed me to go through McDonalds instead of having to walk completely around the block. I ended up just walking through the lobby of some hotel or apartment next McDonalds, but you could try either of those.
re: And the Tony for Best Choreography goes to....
 May 17 2007, 03:55:59 AM
I'm dumb and biased, but I'd love to see Jerry take this one. Whether he deserved best director or not (I haven't seen the show) the cast members praised the **** out of his unique approach. I'd really like him to at least get some recognition. Besides, the video preview shows some fantastic work by Mr. Mitchell... really new and inventive. My opinion.
re: Hairspray on Oprah...
 May 17 2007, 01:47:33 AM
Ya Michelle came off a little bitchy, but I thought it went very well! I missed the performances at the beginning... YOUTUBE!!! Queen was right... Nicole is so lovely and poised. I couldn't be happier for her! SO PSYCHED TO SEE IT!!!
re: Why the supporting roles in BLONDE aren't supporting Ms. Bundy.
 May 17 2007, 01:31:43 AM
Fixed it... thanks theaterdude87. I'm really not that dumb... I swear! hahaha

re: Finally saw the 4th of the Best Musicals...
 May 17 2007, 01:14:44 AM
I could be wrong, but maybe they over-exagerated the modern teenage talk to create an extreme contrast between the late 1800's well-spoken tongue. Just a thought.

Personally, I think it'll take best musical and score. I thoroughly enjoyed the show and the lyrics didn't bother me what so ever. The "blah blah blah" gave me chills and continues to on the soundtrack. My opinion.

re: Molly Shannon deserves a solo show on Broadway
 May 14 2007, 04:35:37 PM
I'd go see it! I'm a huge Molly Shannon fan.
re: Millie Vs. Millie
 May 14 2007, 04:33:06 PM
Stage... although, the movie is brilliant
re: High School Musical Tour Cast Announced!
 May 14 2007, 04:30:05 PM
I love High School Musical. It's definitely not the best material, but I enjoy it and am wanting to catch this tour somewhere. I'm curious to see the stage version.
re: If you could pick ONE Tony nom?
 May 14 2007, 04:23:00 PM
I haven't seen either performances, but I'd love to see Laura Bell Bundy and Stephanie J Block get noms.
re: theaters where sitting front row is the best
 May 14 2007, 04:17:19 PM
Ya, Eugene ONeill's front row center looked slightly uncomfortable with the constant Groff shower. I sat front row house left and thoroughly enjoyed it.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You