News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for clarky

clarky Profile Photo
Member Name: clarky
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Wicked: Australia Casting Rumours
 Feb 1 2008, 03:49:51 AM
"I would love Tina Arena to do it, but after what happened with the American Director/Producers of Cabaret, i am not sure she would be willing. "

Anyone know any details??

re: Burnham to join Wicked as Fiyero
 Dec 19 2007, 04:13:58 AM
I found the Derrick's take a la Prince of Bel-Air, pretty refreshing....and if you don't like it, you can just watch a beautiful man in white thights, now that is a look!
re: Pop Star McKnight to join Chicago cast...
 Dec 18 2007, 06:41:20 PM
Did anyone see him? How was he?
re: German WICKED television performance
 Dec 10 2007, 02:07:37 PM
the Elphaba is great, but the Glinda....she seems a little like student performer. That was the worst Popular I have seen in a while.
re: Claire Moore at Carnegie Hall
 Nov 27 2007, 04:25:36 PM
Did anyone go? How was it? What did she sing?
re: Miss Saigon vs. Miss Saigon
 Nov 14 2007, 07:56:43 AM
i find it very funny, that the high note in Ruthie's "Now That I've seen her" was cut out....there is no "who I ALWAYS trusted"...there is only "Who I......trusted"

I guess if you go on a certain page and see the live performance, one understands why...nonetheless, still a great rendition of the song.

re: Spring Awakening rights?
 Nov 14 2007, 05:26:58 AM
I have a question about Spring Awakening: Does anyone know how many Hairdresser or Dresser work at each performance?
re: Victoria Clark's debut album is now available..
 Nov 14 2007, 05:24:59 AM
Hi Logan, can you tell us more about the master class?
Wicked Germany - Videoclips
 Oct 21 2007, 04:32:08 AM
I know, I know, another Wicked Thread. But I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I found these links with the press perfomances of the German Cast of Wicked and thought I would share it with you guys.

I think the Elphaba will be great. Not really sure about the Glinda....

The Wizard and I
http://www.musical-total.info/component/option,com_multidisplay/Itemid,40/task,view/id,111/

No Good Deed
http://www.musical-total.info/component/option,com_multidisplay/Itemid,40/task,view/id,112/

For Good
http://www.musical-total.info/component/option,com_multidisplay/Itemid,40/task,view/id,110/

One Short Day
http://www.musical-total.info/component/option,com_multidisplay/Itemid,40/task,view/id,109/

Backstage at Wicked in Germany
http://www.musical-total.info/component/option,com_multidisplay/Itemid,40/task,view/id,113/

Wildhorn's DRACULA in Graz/Austria
 Aug 15 2007, 05:48:39 PM
Hey Folks, here is a small clip from Wildhorn's Dracula in Graz/Austria.

Apparently in November there will be a Cast Recording with this Cast in German.

I apologize if this has been posted before as I haven't done a search.

http://www.kleine.co.at/allgemein/video/regional/528486/index.do

re: Cheyenne Jackson Pictures as Sonny on Xanadu
 Jul 9 2007, 01:50:21 PM
he is just too gay!
re: Beauty and the Beast cast recordings
 Apr 27 2007, 04:18:09 AM
I love beauty so here are the cast recordings I have of the Show:

Broadway Cast - Susan Egan

London Cast - Alisdair Harvey / Julie-Alanah Brighten

Australian Cast - Michael Cormick / Rachel Beck / Hugh Jackman

Vienna Cast - Ethan Freeman / Caroline Vasicek

Stuttgart - Uwe Kröger / Leah Delos Santos

Japan Cast

Madrid Cast

I prefer the Vienna Cast because Ethan is a really good Beast and Stuttgart Cast because Leah is a

re: Starlight Express
 Mar 9 2007, 04:11:04 AM
There is still a production in Germany running since 1988. It's playing in a theater that was build for the show, it is a fantastic production, because, the place was made for the show.

www.starlightexpress.de

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
 Mar 5 2007, 06:50:51 AM
I read somewhere, that she will be doin Roxie in CHICAGO in London in April 07
re: Christiane Noll - A Broadway Love Story
 Feb 23 2007, 05:22:30 AM
Did any of you had the chance to catch a show of the late Nancy LaMott? I love her voice and recordings...I am wonderin how her act was.
 Feb 19 2007, 05:17:51 PM
first of all, I would like to thank you guys for your input. I really appreciate it and it helps me a lot.

i was watching a dvd of a Michael Ball - Show, where he was on an empty stage with just a piano and singing song after song. Although the concept was pretty cool, he kinda lost me after a little while.

Then I was watching Ute Lemper - Blood and Feather. What an unique performer she is. But I was wonderin if using multiple languages is too hard for the audience.

A

Feb 19 2007, 02:31:18 PM
Hi PB: How much talking is too much in a cabaret act? you said, you have seen a lot of those shows. What does the audience like the most or what did you like the most?
re: Les Miserables 2/17/07 - Drew Sarich as Enjolras
 Feb 19 2007, 10:52:22 AM
conditions = having twins to take care of?
 Feb 19 2007, 04:46:15 AM
thanks bk..I thought that would be the case.

So I guess the Cabaret Acts are done more like personality shows, where one sings their favorites.

but isn't it kinda boring to say: so my next song will be...

Feb 18 2007, 01:12:35 PM
hi bk, i love that cd, it is one of my favorites. My other favorites are the Alan Menken Album from Debbie Gravitte and Liz Callaway's Album with songs from the 60s.

I have a question though about the Concert of Christiane: You mentioned, that there was no talking between the songs. I was wonderin if one could do that in a cabaret act. Would one loose the connection to the audience if one doesn't talk to them?

I love the concept of that cd.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You