pixeltracker

WHY ISNT TINA ARENA ON BROADWAY ?

WHY ISNT TINA ARENA ON BROADWAY ?

Martin
#0WHY ISNT TINA ARENA ON BROADWAY ?
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:04am

Why hasn't Tina Arena done broadway ? She has done musicals in Australia and she and has one of the greatest voices I have ever heard. So smooth. SO, WHY DONT THEY BRING HER TO BROADWAY ...Anyone else agree ? SOMEONE WRITE THIS GIRL A SHOW ....

To dream the impossible dream

BatBoi
#1re: WHY ISNT TINA ARENA ON BROADWAY ?
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:22am

I loved her voice in Notre Dame De Paris, and have often thought the same thing. I don't know how her acting is though. . so maybe that's why she's not gracing the great white way.

#2THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 1:33am

Her recording of "Chains" and that entire cd ROCKS!!!

ozboy Profile Photo
ozboy
#3re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 2:03am

True, she has one of the best voices I've heard, she's on of my fav Ausralian singers.

I saw her as Sally in the Sydney season of Cabaret in late '02. She was quite good - though she's a singer first, not an actress. Her singing was brilliant, her acting was okay, but I felt it was a little shallow in some places. Overall she was more than adequate. I'd definitely like to see her in something else.

I could totally picture her as Millie...

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#4re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 8:30am

I remember her in the ensemble of NINE (Melbourne) back in the eighties. So strong was her voice that they gave her a solo, the beginning of the Grand Canal " Contini submits..." She can be heard doing that on the Australian Cast CD.

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#5re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 8:39am

Does she have any interest in coming to do work in America?

BroadwayPhil Profile Photo
BroadwayPhil
#6re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 8:40am

First heard her in the ALW celibration and was wowed. Best female voice I have ever heard. Love her range and strength. I have a few of her CD's and love them. Would be great to see her on broadway.

Don't be the Bunny ....

Martin
#7re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 9:36am

Ya, she recently did Sheryl Lee Ralphs 'Divas Simply Singing' in Los Angeles and she blew the audience away ..I mean, standing ovation ...she sang Burn, but seeingthat Sony doesn't market her well enough, I was surprised how well the audience took to her right away. Heard a rumor the producers of that new musical 'piece' (scott alan project), where thinking of getting her for the role of the 26 yr old. That would be exciting, since his music is very pop oriented. Either way, she needs to return.
AND YES, MILLIE WOULD BE PERFECT ...

To dream the impossible dream

Gothampc
#8re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 11:00am

In order to get a non-American on Broadway, Equity must show that the person is a recognizable star or that there is nobody sufficient to play the role in the U.S.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Dollypop
#9re: re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 8:46pm

Wait!!!! There's really a person called "Tina Arena"??? Is she a ballerina?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#10re: re: re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 1/14/04 at 8:53pm

There is now a one-for-one deal between Equities in the U.S. and Australia. Given that there are a number of Americans here in shows like The Lion King that shouldn't be a problem. Though it is for a limited period that the performer can work (six months). I believe this could be the way Caroline O'Connor managed to be in Chicago on Broadway.

clarky Profile Photo
clarky
#11re: re: re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 3/5/07 at 6:50am

I read somewhere, that she will be doin Roxie in CHICAGO in London in April 07

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#12re: re: re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 3/5/07 at 6:55am

We can't even get most of her cd's here. She is unknown on these shores. I'm sure she would want a hefty salary, which considering her lack of popularity here, would not be a wise financial choice for any show.

....but the world goes 'round

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#13re: re: re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 3/5/07 at 7:15am

She could do Elphaba in an aussie production of Wicked

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#14re: re: re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 3/5/07 at 7:47am

I doubt that there will ever be an Australian production of WICKED.

Urban
#15re: re: re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 3/5/07 at 7:51am

Grantes she isn't the diva like the other YTT alum (Debbie Byrnes).

I do enjoy her alot, though back in 1996 she was so over-exposed on the radio that I really couldn't stand her for a while.

Urban
#16re: re: re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 3/5/07 at 7:52am

alterego - what makes you think that? Oddly of all the shows I think could transfer and make a profit, I think 'Wicked' would be up there.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#17re: re: re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 3/5/07 at 8:47am

Tina Arena did...
CHAINS> Everyone knows that song from the 90s.

And she also did that fabulous version of

WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND

...and does anyone remember when she and Donna Summers did the battle of the belt for Enough is Enough on her VH1 Live Concert?

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

MisterRussell Profile Photo
MisterRussell
#18re: re: re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 3/5/07 at 10:27am

It couldn't be that stupid name, could it? It's about a s ba d a "Eden Espinoza"

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#19re: re: re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 3/5/07 at 10:33am

She is doing Chicago over here in the UK

Yes she has an amazing Voice

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

loverly Profile Photo
loverly
#20re: re: re: re: re: re: re: THE CHICK ROCKS
Posted: 3/5/07 at 2:44pm

Maybe the Weisslers will bring her over?
More on Tina Arena in Chicago

Videos