News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KMF_NYC

KMF_NYC Profile Photo
Member Name: KMF_NYC
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: For those of you that saw Jane Eyre
 Mar 21 2006, 11:23:31 PM
zimmy got it right and you can tell when the unveiling hap[pened on the CD (obviously by the change to normal voice)
All Things Sondheim
 Nov 21 2005, 02:05:43 PM
I LOVED Audra's Dot at Ravinia --- played with all ranges of emotions soared through the score. I would jump at the chance to see her in full scale production of this (or just about anything).
re: Reviews on BWW's Eddie Varley's ' Move It and It's Yours'
 Nov 10 2005, 08:42:47 PM
Go Mr Varley -- great pics on the web page!
re: Who has seen 'Shear Madness'?
 Nov 10 2005, 07:49:07 PM
JAC -- try over 20 years ago in college....the Boston company. FUn show!
re: Patti LuPone Scheduled Misses
 Nov 10 2005, 04:55:52 PM
you are right -- it was on the telecharge site and I don't see it...

Her Website has concerts listed on 1/20 and 2/14

re: Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
 Nov 10 2005, 04:42:21 PM
it's one of the nations biggest and most famous parades -- you'll not an attempt at theming -- Brass Band, Great Big Stuff -- part of the Biggest parade....

I am surprised they are showcasing CHitty with a closing notice -- but it is a family show...

re: Woman in White/Maria Friedman
 Nov 8 2005, 01:43:40 PM
I'm pretty certain that if you are at the box office and explain your situation in a calm manner, you will get the dates exchanged...keep calm and simply explain you would like tickets for a time you can see Ms Friedman -- I have never been denied that.

I have seen people think that if they "show the moron" behind the glass who is boss get nowhere -- really fast....

re: Worst Worst Musical
 Nov 7 2005, 05:35:12 PM
To some extent, I can understand Kiss Me Kate seeing as how was not developed as a true book musical -- but Oklahoma??? That really confuses me -- the show may seem "dated" to today's audience but I'm very curious WHY people think it's so bad -- I certainly hope those with that feeling are basing it on a professional production and not local community/high school production.
re: Margo on A Color Purple
 Nov 7 2005, 04:58:56 PM
You beat me to the punch Robbie --- that's exactly what I read from the very start of this thread....
re: Margo on A Color Purple
 Nov 7 2005, 04:30:51 PM
Is it even a remote possibility that there has been some cast cohesion and tightening from the first preview to the performance Margo saw?

From my point of view, I did not see any of Margo's review directed to any individual(s) --- as I read it, Margo predicted this to be a piece that resonates with the public -- hence a hit. There have been plenty of "hits" that many of us did not like or have any interest in seeing...

Don;t know about the house issuing tickets through emp

re: Muy Angry: Ressurection
 Nov 4 2005, 04:14:53 PM
one of my "list of 5" and I would do him in Macy's Herlad Square windows on THanksgiving morning!
re: Mr. Marmalade
 Nov 4 2005, 02:00:37 PM
I was supposed to go Wednesday evening, but silly me booked two shows that night -- since Marmelade was part of the series, easy swap for early December. I've not heard a word yet, but it has been only 3 performances...
re: Bwaysinger performs in 'the Last 5 Years'
 Nov 3 2005, 01:38:18 PM
wish I was tehre in person, rather than in sprit -- I am thrilled for you Bway -- knock 'em dead!
Some SPOILERS
 Nov 3 2005, 12:12:14 PM
This production really worked for me -- and as others said, admit to going in nervous. I intentionally stayed away from the threads so I could see it as cleanly as possible...I knew people either loved it or did not with very little middle ground. The Prince production will always be a masterpiece and revered...however I think this interpretation really worked.

It did bring the basic human elements of love, rage, jealousy, et all to the forefront of the story. I felt more connected t

re: TKTS Board question
 Nov 2 2005, 02:18:46 PM
here you are....
re: Maria Friedman takes Emergency Medical Leave from Woman in White
 Nov 1 2005, 03:35:05 PM
just read this -- thought and prayers for a full and speedy recovery!
re: Rath Finally Sees The Monk as Mama.
 Oct 28 2005, 12:28:00 PM
Rath -- when I read the title of the thread I thought you were referring to our BWW poster Munkustrap...I was puzzled and now feel like a goof ball!
re: Theatermania vs Audience Extras
 Oct 26 2005, 10:41:15 AM
I have been thrilled with Theatermania GOld Club for the past 2 years -- I have friends in the other papering services and the selection of offerings has been comparable...I have seen plenty of stuff on Broadway, off, off-off. I have not found a considerable difference in the offerings....
re: Bwaysinger performs in 'the Last 5 Years'
 Oct 25 2005, 11:34:00 AM
I am still trying to change some plans to make a trip to Madison -- I mean what are frequent flyer miles for! Break a leg handsome --- can't wait to read the reviews!
re: JERBY: FULLY LOADED
 Oct 25 2005, 09:15:57 AM
Congrats to Jerby....sorry I was not able to make it to the Duplex -- was there in spirit!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You