News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Hrududu

Hrududu Profile Photo
Member Name: Hrududu
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Anyone going to the first preview of A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC tonight?
 Dec 10 2009, 12:29:39 PM
Dame Judi's rendition of Send in the Clowns has always blown me away. No matter how many times I've seen it.
 Dec 10 2009, 09:27:56 AM
I didn't understand the point of Lansbury's "Liasons." It just seemed like such an afterthought. She was just sitting there and singing. I lost focus about halfway through her rendition.

I get what you mean in a way, for me it was like the show stopped so that she could have a song. I did think she did it very well though.

re: Coming to New York in 2 weeks - What shows do you suggest?
 Dec 10 2009, 07:01:23 AM
Ragtime and Next to Normal are a must see in my opinion. A Little Night Music is also really enjoyable. But you simply have to go see the first two.
Hair thread.
 Dec 9 2009, 08:09:11 AM
I saw the show last Wednesday and noticed a couple of things that a couple of posters have already brought up. I thought it might have been a diction issue but now think it could be a sound one. But I could barely make out what a lot of the actors were singing. I'm only familiar with a handful of the songs but for the rest of them I have no idea what they were singing about. The particular stand out was the 'White Boys' and 'Black Boys' numbers. It really took me out of the performance.

Dec 7 2009, 01:31:45 PM
I went to see this on Thursday night. I was in the front row of the Mezzanine, a little to the left. There doesnt seem to be a bad seat in that section. The mezzanine is very steep. I kept picturing someone taking a tumble and vaulting over the ledge.

I'm not overly familiar with the show. I have listened to the album a couple of times but that was about it, so I'm sure my opinion will be different to someone who knows it a lot better. I enjoyed it very much. I spent the entire show wit

re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 Nov 11 2009, 07:18:50 AM
I'll hopefully be seeing this next month but I just have a quick question. If its on TKTS what is the discount likely to be?
re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
 Oct 16 2009, 05:39:48 AM
Ken Stott would be the real draw for me. He's incredible.
 Oct 8 2009, 11:19:32 AM
That's great, thank you
 Oct 8 2009, 06:59:06 AM
Quick question. How long will Next to Normal be on Broadway? I'll be in NY in early December so was hoping it would be still running then.
re: Worst Theatre Experience
 Sep 22 2009, 12:12:12 PM
When I went to see Wicked I was sitting beside a little girl who would randomly turn fully and stare at me. It freaked me out as everyone knows little girls have evil powers.

The couple in front of me then proceeded to kiss and cuddle for what seemed like ages. I kicked their seat. Only I made sure to kick the seat to the left so when they turned around it looked like the starey little girl had kicked it.

re: Ragtime Cast Announcement??
 Aug 27 2009, 04:58:57 AM
Personally I don't care whether there's a 'name' or not involved in the cast. As long as they cast actors that will shine in the roles. I think its kind of sad that a show might live or die depending on whether or not they have someone famous in it.
re: Ragtime Tickets?
 Aug 18 2009, 12:03:48 PM
If rows AA and BB aren't there then wouldn't that make Row A the front row?

3rd row still a bit too close?

re: Ragtime Tickets?
 Aug 17 2009, 10:12:29 AM
Here's a question. The Ticketmaster site lists rows AA and BB on their seating chart. But the chart on the Neil Simon website doesn't. I'm looking at a couple of different dates. One date offers row J, bang center (as far as I know the mezzanine overhangs at K). The other date offers row C, center.

Does anyone know the theatre and can tell me if row C would be a bit too close?

Seating Review
 Aug 17 2009, 04:40:03 AM
When I was asking questions about seating in the West End someone sent me a link to a website called theatremonkey. This listed all the theatres in the West End and had a great deal of info on seating. It also had a section where users put in their comments on where they sat and how it was etc.

I was wondering if there was a Broadway equivalent. It would be very handy and would save on a lot of repeat threads. So if anyone knows of one I'd be very greatful.

re: RAGTIME to Begin Previews October 23rd at The Neil Simon
 Jul 3 2009, 08:45:31 AM
The old wallet is going to take a serious hit. Possibly my favourite musical that I've never seen and now I get the chance to see it.
re: New shows in ireland.
 Jan 29 2009, 12:21:32 PM
www.entertainment.ie has a theatre section. Just choose the advanced search to put in the dates you'll be there. You'll be far more likely to get a good play than a musical though. They are fairly rare in Dublin.
re: Wicked Seating?
 Sep 11 2008, 06:48:51 AM
I was at it last week, centre of the front mezz, row B. I couldnt have been happier with the seats, perfect view of everything.
re: Lloyd Webber Ripping Of The Macarana?
 Aug 14 2008, 06:53:09 AM
There is a part in the Whistle Down the Wind overture that is a total rip off of the Jurassic Park theme.
re: Question re: Prof. Higgins in 'My Fair Lady'
 Aug 11 2008, 04:42:39 AM
Hardly broadway but my brother played Higgins last year in a local production and sang it all. It was like seeing a completely different show with the part not being spoke-sung.
re: Another In the Heights Seating Question
 Aug 7 2008, 08:29:24 AM
I have a seating question for this show too, so instead of creating another thread I'll add to this one.

Currently I have a couple of options seating wise. The first is Orchestra F 17. Which is to the left. The other is F Mezz D 107 which is as close to the centre as I've seen.

Which would be the better seat in your opinion?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You