pixeltracker

Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAGE Leads 11/17

Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAGE Leads 11/17

EddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:19pm

Call me stupid, but I'm not familiar with any of them.

YAWN!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:20pm

...Is this for real? What the hell?

yeomansden Profile Photo
yeomansden
#3re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAGE Leads 11/17
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:20pm

Okay, Annie Potts and Jimmy Smits...I may just have to see this after all...no idea if they will be right for these parts, having not seen the show, but have loved their work that I've seen...particularly Potts...

"Are you calling me a procrastibator?" Hunter, [title of show] "Guess who's gonna get blamed for the war in Europe?" Eugene, Brighton Beach Memoirs

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#4re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:21pm

I had a feeling after last night's episode of SVU the rumor on ATC was going to be true regarding Lahti.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#5re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:24pm

Wow, I'm really surprised they picked three forgotten TV stars. These folks aren't going to sell tickets.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#6re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:24pm

The producers totally just shortened the lifespan of this show...

Wanna Be A Foster
#7re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:26pm

I'm betting, though, that they will invite the critics back, and if they rave, it could easily remain a hot ticket.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#8re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:29pm

Love Jimmy Smits. Like Christine Lahti too, but she seems old for the part. Whatever...

yeomansden Profile Photo
yeomansden
#9re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:32pm

Personally, I'm of the opinion that if you have to have big name non-theater stars in the show to keep it open, maybe it doesn't belong on Broadway in the first place.

I know that the original cast gave amazing performances, and that's great since we've had so many that have been less spectacular. But if the new cast can give as good performances, maybe it will do well.

And I don't know Lahti, and I'll even give you Potts, though I love her. But Smits just did a very well-received turn on the last season of Dexter, so not sure how forgotten he is right now...

"Are you calling me a procrastibator?" Hunter, [title of show] "Guess who's gonna get blamed for the war in Europe?" Eugene, Brighton Beach Memoirs

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#10re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:37pm

I think Smits is the one with the biggest following of the four. I mean, he's still known from his West Wing days. And I'm not saying they won't be good, I just don't think they did any favors going from a cast with Gandolfini and Harden to this.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#11re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:37pm

A well-recieved guest starring performance on a Showtime hardly qualifies someone to be well-known. Smits is probably the best-known person in this cast but he's still nowhere near as well-known as any of the original cast members.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#12re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:41pm

Ummmm.... I do not know who any of them are.

I expect that the show won't make it to February.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
WiCkEDrOcKS
#14re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:44pm

I don't get why they took the effort to extend the show if they didn't have at LEAST B-listers to take over. Unless they think the show can now survive on name-recognition.

Then again, it already recouped, didn't it?

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#15re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:45pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Smits, Potts, and Lahti are well known. Not to the younger set but God of Carnage's target audience (which I imagine isn't 14 year old's who frequent message boards) will know who they are.

Lahti will be great but I'm not seeing it with the rest. Smits and Potts both bore me. Potts is a little long in the tooth don't you think?

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#16re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:48pm

I feel like they took a half-assed approach on both counts. They could have gone with huge name celebrities regardless of their stage abilities or they could have gone with very strong, credible stage actors who would knock it out of the park. I feel like they went with not so well known actors who have never done work that has been THAT amazing. If they were going to go with people not so well known, they should have gotten actors that will turn in gut-wrenching performances.

WiCkEDrOcKS
Wanna Be A Foster
#18re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:51pm

rOcKS, the show recouped well before the Tonys.

And I imagine they are paying these actors less than the original cast, so how much could a four person show cost to keep running?

So with a lower weekly running cost now, perhaps they will be able to keep it chugging along even if the numbers drop.

-Kad

yeomansden Profile Photo
yeomansden
#19re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:52pm

Oh, I can't disagree that it likely won't sell as well as it did with the original cast (though one can hope). I just think that that is a shame if the new actors give similiar-caliber performances (which, of course, remains to be seen.)

No, the Dexter appearance wouldn't make him well-known. That would be his turns on NYPD Blue and West Wing. Dexter just brought him back into people's minds - ergo, not forgotten. But yes, he certainly isn't as well-known as Gandolfini.

But just out of curiousity, because I am fairly out of touch with pop culture (no sarcasm at all there). How well-known is Jeff Daniels these days? I know him from Pleasantville and some other movies, but has he been in a runaway hit or a TV show recently that makes him such a big draw?

Dantes
#20re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:53pm

How can people not know who jimmy smits is?
Dexter, West Wing, Star Wars, NYPD Blue, LA Law, The Tommyknockers, Cane....Goldon Globe Winner?

Annie Potts- Men In Trees, Law and Order, Joan Of Arcadia, Huff, Pretty in Pink etc and she will be the new Jeanine and Ghostbusters 3

And Christine Lahti, Law and Order, Studio 60. Obsessed, Chicago Hope

People on here are really showing their young ages, or maybe im showing my old age lol.

former sadm2 (wink)

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#21re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:57pm

I think the younger set isn't familiar with them.

Drunk Chita doesn't know the plot of Star Wars so I doubt they know who Smits is.

Potts is in the previous 2 Ghostbusters films.

Lahti has been in countless films but again, none geared to a 12 year old. She's an amazing actress and the bright spot in this casting.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

Yankeefan007
#22re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:58pm

Ken Stott, who originated the role in London (and who absolutely extraordinary as Eddie Carbone in VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE earlier in the year), is the one I'm most excited for.

Dantes
#23re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 3:59pm

I love Potts in the Ghostbusters films

former sadm2 (wink)

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#24re: Lahti, Potts, Smits and Stott to Bicker as Broadway's New GOD OF CARNAG
Posted: 10/15/09 at 4:02pm

It's not lasting long with the cast. The material is very good, but not so commercial that this can survive with these people. I know I have no interest in seeing it again now.

Videos