News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Livewire413

Member Name: Livewire413
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: SOUTH PACIFIC Casting Questions
 Jul 7 2009, 05:36:37 AM
Did I read somewhere...maybe on her baby announcement that was posted, that Kelli O'Hara was coming back to South Pacific in October or something like that?
re: Scott Alan at Birdland Tomorrow
 Jun 16 2009, 01:13:24 AM
The concert was absolutely awesome. It really was. Megan Hilty ended up having to drop out sometime that afternoon or whatever which I thought I was going to be bummed about but the concert was so amazing it didnt even really matter.

Any time you can hear a composer perform his or her own work is such a special time I think. It was just great to hear Scott sing a lot of the songs himself. Ive never been able to see that before. The guests were great too. Tracie Thoms especially like...

re: Scott Alan at Birdland Tomorrow
 Jun 15 2009, 12:57:56 AM
I'll be there! Cant wait, he's got a great line up of people singing his wonderful songs.
re: WEST SIDE STORY review 6/13 8pm
 Jun 14 2009, 01:14:19 AM
has that been the norm in the past? Having someone understudy Anita AND Maria? I know that some people have incredible range and versatility but that seems like a really big difference between the two parts vocally to have the same person cover?
re: Karen Olivo Out of 'West Side Story' Tonight
 Jun 13 2009, 04:36:33 PM
Oh gosh its been like understudy central over at West Side Story this past week hasnt it? Makes sense though if Karen has bronchitis or laryngitis that it would keep her out all week. Dont know what is up with Cody Green and now Josefina.

People who went to the CD signing: I know people reported that Karen was sounding horse and sick but what about Josefina and Cody? Any indication they might be really sick as well or is there just some weird thing going around at the Palace?

re: Karen Olivo Out of 'West Side Story' Tonight
 Jun 13 2009, 09:32:06 AM
Act....what about Josefina?

I feel bad for everyone who had tickets to the show this week, I mean Karen sounded tired and kinda sick at the Tonys so when she was out Tuesday I was surprised but not really but then to be out all week and have the understudy not really be up to par?

Hope she comes back soon

re: Next to Normal Rush
 Jun 9 2009, 07:58:29 PM
Nope I *believe* they do, or are going to start doing 2 shows on Saturday and Sunday...but I could be wrong
re: Next to Normal Rush
 Jun 9 2009, 05:25:49 PM
I too, am looking for some insight about how busy/what times you think would be good to show up during the week. I know its summer will probably get busier but I was just wondering for during the week. Is one day better to go than another?
re: Stephanie J. Block
 May 10 2009, 08:27:10 AM
Well it was planned to be released for download early, maybe not from the start, but as of the last few weeks it was. When I saw 9 to 5 on 4/25 I asked about the CD and she had mentioned that it was being released for download sometime early May before the hard copies came out in June but it wasnt supposed to be on iTunes until the 12th, so I dont really know why it was put up there even earlier.

Maybe it was one of those things that they just did, but didnt announce so if people found

re: HAPPY OPENING '9 TO 5'!
 Apr 30 2009, 09:19:18 AM
Cheers! Happy Opening 9 to 5! Cant wait till pictures and reviews come up in the next few days.

Such a fun show I hope they have a great opening

re: Stephanie J. Block
 Apr 29 2009, 03:02:03 PM
I dont know if this is posted anywhere else on here but while the hard copy of her CD is available June 2nd, it will be available for download on iTunes on May 12th
re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
 Apr 29 2009, 10:41:54 AM
I rushed this past Saturday Matinee and it wasnt bad. I got there at about 12 and there were only a few people in line so I think if you get there 2 hours before you are fine. By the time they started selling tickets at 12:30 there was more of a line but I still dont think it was more than 10-12 people by then.

I sat in row J and it wasnt a bad seat at all, I saw everything that I really needed to see. I would definitely recommend it especially with the ticket prices for this show seemi

TONY ADMINISTRATION COMMITTEE...ASSEMBLE!
 Apr 28 2009, 09:18:17 AM
For some reason I see 9 to 5 trying to petition Block into the Lead category and Hilty in the Featured Category but honestly, I have no idea how they will rule on the 9 to 5 ladies, its kind of a tricky situation
 Apr 27 2009, 11:29:28 PM
They could push for lead if they didnt want to put Scaglione and Olivo in the same category. Best Featured Actress is going to be one full and wild card-ish category
re: Marquis Theatre Seats
 Apr 27 2009, 10:42:21 PM
That will be a great view indeed. I feel like that theatre is good for seating anyways. I sat in the "partial view" rush seats Saturday and the only part I really missed was the back left corner of the stage so I missed some ensemble members dancing and couldnt really see the drunk workers desk but other than that they were amazing seats. Saw all the important action and was so close
re: 9 TO 5: TV ALERTS
 Apr 27 2009, 10:38:55 PM
Allison really didnt havethat long of a segment. She basically talked about how she never thought she'd do a musical and shes not really a singer but Joe Mantello asked her to do it and there she is. Then she talked about some new Sam Mendes movie she is in soon.
 Apr 27 2009, 10:36:01 PM
I feel like people on the nomination committee already know who they are going to be voting for, they are just waiting to see what category they end up in. There are only a couple of shows they are waiting to rule on yes? I know West Side Story, 9 to 5 are two they havent ruled on yet but what are the others? There cant be that many
re: Les Miz cast changes -- Post them here!
 Jun 24 2007, 06:40:51 AM
I saw Drew as Javert probably the first time he was on back in April and I thought he was pretty bad. I feel like it is too far out of his range. I think someone else said it, that when it got too low it was either really raspy or he just yelled a lot. Maybe he'll be a better Valjean? I still think he looks too young. I mean, Alex IS young for a Valjean but he doesnt really look it. Drew just looks too young to be a Valjean or Javert or whatever. We shall see though
 Jun 20 2007, 09:06:13 PM
Massofmen- Im not sure that the cast is privvy to every detail concerning hiring and firings but they definately have more advance knowlegde than just the day of the last performance. Lea Salonga stated on her blog that there were a lot of cast changed coming that she wasnt allowed to talk about until official info was released but she posted that she knew they were coming at least a few days before people's last shows. I doubt that the cast would be in the dark about changes then on people's la
 Jun 19 2007, 07:57:19 AM
Yeah is there any proof that Mandy Bruno used vocal steroids during her audition because thats a pretty heavy charge to make otherwise.

Either way I think she was awful whether she didnt have that great a voice to begin with or did damage to her chords or whatever, she really needed to be replaced. Her acting was pretty horrible too

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You