News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Keiichi2

Keiichi2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Keiichi2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Death Becomes Her and restaurant question  Apr 30 2024, 06:05:07 AM

Death Becomes Her begins its performances for its pre-Broadway tryout in Chicago tonight.  Is anyone going or planning to make the trip to see it?

I have a ticket for the matinee on June 1st, and really hope this ends up being at least decent.  The last two tryout musicals I saw in Chicago (Paradise Square and The Devil Wears Prada) weren't exactly the best.  Regardless, I always enjoy making the trip to Chicago when I can't make it to NY.

&n

March Trip-Restaurant Recommendations  Jan 9 2023, 08:31:14 AM

I will be in NY March 9th to the 12th, and will be at the same performances as you for Camelot and Kimberly Akimbo. (I'm seeing Sweeney Thursday night.)

As for bar seating close to Wicked, I second Joe Allen's. I haven't been there for a while, but plan to go back this trip. I don't know if it's still the same way, but back when I went there regularly, you had to wait until a week before to make a reservation (which are highly recommended there).

One slot left open for March Theater Weekend. Help me decide!  Nov 13 2022, 01:51:13 PM

I want to thank those who responded.  I decided to go with Kimberly Akimbo for my Saturday afternoon slot.  The deciding factor was the fact that & Juliet will likely tour, and I can see it when it eventually comes to Chicago or Madison, close to where I live.  Got a second row center Orchestra aisle seat.

Thanks again, and so happy to be going back to NY in 16 weeks!

One slot left open for March Theater Weekend. Help me decide!  Nov 12 2022, 01:46:24 PM

So, my upcoming NY weekend March 9th to the 12th is almost filled.  Here's what I currently have locked in...

Thursday, March 9th - Sweeney Todd

Friday, March 10th - Camelot

Saturday, March 11th (Evening) - Some Like it Hot

So, I have one slot left open for Saturday afternoon on the 11th, and am trying to decide between Kimberly Akimbo and & Juliet.  I'm leaning a bit more toward Kimberly, but I would appreciate the

Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023  Nov 12 2022, 01:38:33 PM

Harriet Craig said: "Keiichi2 said: "Does anyone know what time on Sunday tickets go on sale to the public? Telecharge and the show's website don't say, and wondering how I can find out."

Tickets appear to be on sale to the public now, on Telecharge’s website. LCT’s website still says tickets go on sale to non-members on November 13, but if you bypass LCT’s website and go directly to Telecharge, it looks like anyone can buy a ti

Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023  Nov 10 2022, 07:20:40 AM

Does anyone know what time on Sunday tickets go on sale to the public?  Telecharge and the show's website don't say, and wondering how I can find out.

Broadway Weekend Dreams (March 9th to the 12th)  Sep 19 2022, 04:28:43 PM

After a long absence, I am finally able to return to NY for a theater trip, and will be attending a long weekend from March 9th to the 12th.

Before the Pandemic, I would come out twice a year in the Spring and Fall to see as many of the new productions I could, but the past couple years have been hard, starting with me getting laid off from my job of 15 years (along with 40% of the company) in 2020 because of the Pandemic, learning last year that I am a diabetic (luckily,

WICKED Film will be split into two movies, releasing December 2024 and 2025  Apr 26 2022, 01:12:49 PM

Maybe they'll add a lot of stuff that will be a remake of the Garland film, with all the songs and scenes from that movie tossed in.  That way, it will be a double punch of a musical film adaptation we don't need, and a remake we don't need!

The Devil Wears Prada Tickets (Ticketmaster issue?)  Apr 26 2022, 09:29:17 AM

I received a promo code to order advance tickets to the Chicago pre-Broadway run of The Devil Wears Prada, and have been trying since yesterday to order a couple tickets for the matinee on Saturday, July 30th.

It lets me choose my seats, and enter my credit card and all information, but when I click on purchase, it gives me an error code.  It's been happening since yesterday, and I haven't been able to get through to tech support or contact them on the phone, so wondering

Avengers Musical on Hawkeye Series  Dec 5 2021, 02:35:39 PM

On the new Disney+ show, Hawkeye, there's a scene where the hero attends a Broadway musical of Captain America and the Avengers called Rogers: The Musical.  Someone has posted all the clips they show of the musical into one video here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUmt9wEX5jU

What's funny is that back in the 80s, an actual Captain America stage musical was in the works.  I remember it being advertised in some Marvel Comics back in the day, with a drawing of Captain America dancing on a stage with a top hat and a cane.  Naturally, it never came to be, but something tells me if Spider-Man had not been such a debacle, we might have seen something like this.

March 2022 NY Theater Trip Locked In!  Nov 18 2021, 10:00:46 PM

Keiichi2, How did your cruise company explain covid tests and ports of call.  Most ports of call are requiring a covid test 48 hours prior to visit, even if vaccinated. When I questioned it they couldn't answer me.  Prices of cruises are really inexpensive now, but it doesn't matter if I can't visit a port.

I think it depends on the cruise line.  We are sailing with Royal Caribbean, and they do the negative test 48 hours before boarding

March 2022 NY Theater Trip Locked In!  Nov 18 2021, 02:45:03 PM

Well, my long-awaited return to NY is finally locked in.  I was initially supposed to visit the week of October 19th of 2020 in order to see The Music Man on Friday the 23rd of that year, but after everything got pushed back, Telecharge reset my tickets for St. Patrick's Day of next year, so my girlfriend and I set a trip from March 16th to the 20th of next year around the new date.  We will be seeing a total of 5 productions during our visit.

Wednesday, Mar

Official: Billy Crystal's MR. SATURDAY NIGHT musical to begin Broadway previews March 1, 2022 at the Nederlander Theatre  Nov 17 2021, 10:45:03 AM

I got Center Mezzanine C 102, which is one seat off the aisle for the afternoon of Saturday, March 19th.  It was $199, as others stated.  Still better than the Orchestra, which was going for about $399.  I was trying to get C101, but Ticketmaster was having a hard time recognizing my device for some reason, even though it let me sign in.  By the time it would let me buy a ticket through Audience Rewards, 101 was gone, so I took 102. 

I'm a tall person, so I

PARADISE SQUARE Chicago Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews  Nov 8 2021, 04:50:08 PM

Saw this Saturday Afternoon.  It was my first time to see a live performance since my November 2019 NY theater trip before the Pandemic hit, so I was thrilled, and it was wonderful to be back in a theater audience again.  Had no incidents with masks of the people around me, and everyone was quite courteous, so a good experience back.  As for the show...

"Average" would be the best word I could use.  Some good songs, and the cast is trying their heart o

Anyone else going to see Paradise Square in Chicago?  Oct 28 2021, 12:28:56 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "I'll be seeing it with a friend in December. I'll be reporting back with what I think.

Enjoy The Dearborn for dinner! I ate there back in June and it was fantastic.
"

What do you recommend at The Dearborn?

Anyone else going to see Paradise Square in Chicago?  Oct 27 2021, 02:36:12 PM

The Broadway-bound musical, Paradise Square, begins performances next Tuesday for a month-long engagement at the James M. Nederlander Theatre in Chicago.  I will be seeing the matinee next Saturday, November 6th.  Definitely excited, as it will be my first live theater performance since my last NY theater trip before the Pandemic in November 2019.

Made a dinner reservation for The Dearborn nearby the theater for after the show.  It's wonderful to be making theater pl

O Brother, Where Art Thou Stage Musical?  Aug 8 2021, 08:40:32 PM

Okay, I'm not the type who thinks Broadway should constantly turn to movies for inspiration of shows.  But, it seems like a no-brainer to see 2000's O Brother, Where Art Thou get adapted into a stage musical, given that the film has a large number of songs already integrated into scenes that would make great stage numbers.  I mean, I personally would love to see the scene where the sirens seduce the three men with moonshine while singing adapted.

Given the film was re

Audience Rewards / Spin The Wheel Promotion  Aug 2 2021, 12:48:08 PM

Thanks for sharing this!  Since I am a VIP member with Audience Rewards, I got 2 spins. (Regular members get 1 spin.) I got 500 each time, so 1,000 points instantly added total. 

Company Seating Question  Jul 17 2021, 05:41:26 PM

So, I'm planning to see Company on Wednesday, March 16th in the evening to kick off my five-day theater trip when I go to see The Music Man.  I have a seating question regarding the Bernard B. Jacobs.  I have been using View From My Seat, but I also wanted some personal advice.

The last show I saw at the Jacobs was The Ferryman, where I sat in the upper level, and the leg space was horrifically cramped.  I'm a tall person at just over six feet, so i

Digital Ticket Questions  Jul 16 2021, 09:58:05 AM

So, it's great to be planning visits to the theater again, but I have some questions regarding how digital tickets work, since I always had physical tickets mailed to me in the past, and that's not been a choice when I have purchased recent tickets.

So, through Ticketmaster, I am seeing the Pre-Broadway run of Paradise Square in Chicago on Saturday, November 6 (2 PM), and I also have a ticket for Six on Broadway Friday, March 18th for a short theater trip I am planning around t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You