pixeltracker

Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023

Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023

Hamilfan2
#2Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 11:11am

Andrew Burnap is a welcomed surprise!  The other two were heavily rumored but are both excellent choices as well.  Loving this Phillipa Soo renaissance!

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#3Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 11:26am

Those are two great leads! Not money names, but ideally cast. Excited to see how the rest of the cast shapes up. Nice to see a young Arthur. 

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#4Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023

Congrats to Burnap! Never would’ve seen this coming when much bigger names were apparently in consideration, which tells me they knew they had something good on their hands with him.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#5Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023

I just got more excited for this than I ever thought I would get over any production of CAMELOT.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#6Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 11:37am

Jordan Donica is the kind of voice you heard like 75 years ago on Broadway. Soaring, gorgeous, sophisticated. Something from another time. 

Love.  

BCfitasafiddle
#7Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 11:41am

Fabulous group!! Double nominations for Phillipa Soo?? She's superb for this.

Donica is one of my most favorite voices. The thought of him with this score gives me chills.

Durnap is such a welcomed surprise! He will be excellent.

hearthemsing22
#8Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 11:44am

Sutton Ross said: "Jordan Donica is the kind of voice you heard like 75 years ago on Broadway. Soaring, gorgeous, sophisticated. Something from another time.

Love.
"

Phantom, My Fair Lady...each production I've seen him in, I've fallen in love with his voice. 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#9Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 11:47am

THIRTY-PIECE ORCHESTRA HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#10Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 11:49am

jkcohen626 said: "THIRTY-PIECE ORCHESTRA HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!"

Other than the Phillipa Soo news, this is by FAR the item getting me most excited.  This is going to sound spectacular.   

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

Sutton Ross
#11Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 11:50am

hearthemsing22 said: "Sutton Ross said: "Jordan Donica is the kind of voice you heard like 75 years ago on Broadway. Soaring, gorgeous, sophisticated. Something from another time.

Love.
"

Phantom, My Fair Lady...each production I've seen him in, I've fallen in love with his voice.
"

YES. 

God, when he opened his mouth the first time I saw My Fair Lady, I gasped (audibly), I was enchanted with him from the second I saw him. 

hearthemsing22
#12Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 11:53am

Sutton Ross said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Sutton Ross said: "Jordan Donica is the kind of voice you heard like 75 years ago on Broadway. Soaring, gorgeous, sophisticated. Something from another time.

Love.
"

"

YES.

God, when he opened his mouth the first time I saw My Fair Lady, I gasped (audibly), I was enchanted with him from the second I saw him.

"

His "On the Street Where You Live"...I SWOON 

Sutton Ross
hearthemsing22
#14Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 11:57am

Sutton Ross said: "Dyingggggggggg

"

JUST GORGEOUS. My Mom told me that's one of her favorite songs in the musical and this version just completely makes me agree. 

hearthemsing22
#15Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 12:06pm

I just realized he also reminds me of a younger Brian Stokes Mitchell...that rich, deep voice...love both of them! 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#16Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 12:11pm

Phillipa Soo is quickly emerging as a 'next generation' Broadway superstar a la Bernadette, Patti, Sutton, Audra etc. (if she hasn't already solidified that place). Maybe I am forgetting people but I can't really easily think of others who have her status right now at such a young age. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#17Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 12:18pm

Loving this cast! This ain't your grandma's Camelot! And a 30-piece orchestra to boot? TAKE ALL MY MONEY! 

I can't wait to hear Donica slay "If Ever I Would Leave You". It's just going to make me fall in love with him even more. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#18Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 12:23pm

Questions about LincTix?  My son, and theater companion, would qualify for LincTix - can a LincTix member buy more than one tix? Does the "other" tix need to go to an under 35 as well? Just trying to get my ducks in a row before tix go on sale.

SO excited!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Hairspray0901
#19Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 12:33pm

dramamama611 said: "Questions about LincTix? My son, and theater companion, would qualify for LincTix - can a LincTix member buy more than one tix? Does the "other" tix need to go to an under 35 as well? Just trying to get my ducks in a row before tix go on sale.

SO excited!
"

It is one ticket per member. If your son wants to buy two LincTix tickets, he can but will need to have the other member’s number ready at the time of purchase.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#20Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 12:34pm

Interesting that Sher has shaken up his design team a bit:

The Lincoln Center Theater production of Lerner and Loewe's Camelot will feature choreography by Bryon Easley and will have sets by Michael Yeargan, costumes by Jennifer Moeller, lighting by Lap Chi Chu, sound by Marc Salzberg and Beth Lake, projections by 59 Productions, casting by The Telsey Office and fight direction by B.H. Barry. Music Director Kimberly Grigsby will conduct a 30-piece orchestra performing Camelot's original orchestrations by Robert Russell Bennettand Philip J. Lang and dance and choral arrangements by Trude Rittman.

I’ve always found Donica to be the poor man’s Josh Henry. But I’m open to being surprised here. Very curious about Sorkin’s script and the design — let’s hope the logo isn’t an indication of future set design!

Broadway61004
#21Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 12:34pm

dramamama611 said: "Questions about LincTix? My son, and theater companion, would qualify for LincTix - can a LincTix member buy more than one tix? Does the "other" tix need to go to an under 35 as well? Just trying to get my ducks in a row before tix go on sale.

SO excited!
"

For their Broadway productions, each person can only buy 1 Linctix. So there is no "other" in this case. Not sure how it works for their off-Broadway productions since each member can buy 2 for those, but for Camelot, you'll definitely only be able to get a Linctix priced ticket if you're under 35.

Sutton Ross
#22Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 12:38pm

I’ve always found Donica to be the poor man’s Josh Henry. But I’m open to being surprised here. Very curious about Sorkin’s script and the design — let’s hope the logo isn’t an indication of future set design!

Comparing two men of color on Broadway is a bad look and insulting one as a "poor man's" whatever is gross. Oh, and it's Joshua Henry. 

Updated On: 11/1/22 at 12:38 PM

hearthemsing22
#23Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 12:51pm

Sutton Ross said: "I’ve always found Donica to be the poor man’s Josh Henry. But I’m open to being surprised here. Very curious about Sorkin’s script and the design — let’s hope the logo isn’t an indication of future set design!

Comparing two men of color on Broadway is a bad look and insulting one as a "poor man's" whatever is gross. Oh, and it's Joshua Henry.
"

Agreed that is not a good look to compare 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#24Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 12:54pm

Lock it in, two Tony noms for Phillipa Soo next year. 

Oh look, a bibu!

ElephantLoveMedley
#25Phillipa Soo, Andrew Burnap & Jordan Donica to Star in LCT’s CAMELOT, Spring 2023
Posted: 11/1/22 at 12:59pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Lock it in, two Tony noms for Phillipa Soo next year."

I hope so! Would be truly amazing.