Digital Ticket Questions

Keiichi2 Profile Photo
Keiichi2
#1Digital Ticket Questions
Posted: 7/16/21 at 9:58am

So, it's great to be planning visits to the theater again, but I have some questions regarding how digital tickets work, since I always had physical tickets mailed to me in the past, and that's not been a choice when I have purchased recent tickets.

So, through Ticketmaster, I am seeing the Pre-Broadway run of Paradise Square in Chicago on Saturday, November 6 (2 PM), and I also have a ticket for Six on Broadway Friday, March 18th for a short theater trip I am planning around the time I have tickets for The Music Man. (Seeing that March 17th.)

For both Paradise Square and Six, it says that I can text a link to my phone that will put my ticket on my phone.  I clicked on the button, and I entered my cell phone number to text the link to for both tickets, but I never got the text.  I did this on Tuesday of this week, and they're not there, so I was wondering if it takes a while before the text is sent to you, or if they send it closer to the date of your event. 

Also, I'm seeing The Music Man on Thursday, March 17th with my girlfriend.  If I have two digital tickets, will they both be sent to the same phone, or will I have to enter both of our numbers to get the digital tickets sent?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Digital Ticket Questions
Posted: 7/16/21 at 10:05am

I don’t know about those specific shows but in the UK right now, a lot of shows will text you the tickets or link to them, the day of the show. A few times it was actually very confusing and i had to go to the box office to figure it out. There’s more than a few people who had issues with this so I’m guessing it’ll be a mess at times when Broadway reopens, too.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3Digital Ticket Questions
Posted: 7/16/21 at 10:28am

Tickets are not emailed/text immediately. Your emailed confirmation number is your confirmed order. Unless your performance is this week, those digital tickets aren’t sent till closer to your performance date. All tickets are sent to the one account that ordered the tickets. If you ordered 4 tickets, you alone will receive all 4 tickets as one order. You can then screenshot each ticket individually and text your friend her ticket as her barcode is isolated. Yes, a screenshot still scans.

Islander_fan
#4Digital Ticket Questions
Posted: 7/16/21 at 10:45am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Tickets are not emailed/text immediately. Your emailed confirmation number is your confirmed order. Unless your performance is this week, those digital tickets aren’t sent till closer to your performance date. All tickets are sent to the one account that ordered the tickets. If you ordered 4 tickets, you alone will receive all 4 tickets as one order. You can then screenshot each ticket individually and text your friend her ticket as her barcode is isolated. Yes, a screenshot still scans."

Fosses, you’re incorrect. Digital tickets from Ticketmaster cannot be sent to someone via screenshot. As a way to combat fraudulent tickets, the digital tickets have a barcode that refreshes every few seconds to prevent someone entering with a fake ticket. You can, however, one you get the tickets, you have the ability to transfer them digitally to someone else. I have been to a couple of concerts and a few sporting events with digital ticketing and they make it clear that screenshots will not work. I believe it even says so on the ticket itself. 

Updated On: 7/16/21 at 10:45 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5Digital Ticket Questions
Posted: 7/16/21 at 3:21pm

I actually had problems with a few tickets that I had taken screenshots of and had to pull up the original email. Some shows they were able to scan and some they couldn’t. So make sure to always have that original email ready to pull up.

Phantom4ever
#6Digital Ticket Questions
Posted: 7/16/21 at 4:19pm

I've been saving all my Broadway tickets in baseball card sleeves in a binder for decades. I suppose I can still print out the e-ticket for my binder. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#7Digital Ticket Questions
Posted: 7/16/21 at 5:47pm

Not sure if they'll allow this anymore but before pandemic whenever I had a ticketmaster digital ticket, I'd go to the box office a few hours before performance and kindly ask for a paper ticket. Never had an issue. I showed them my digital ticket from ticketmaster app and provided them my cc.