News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ditsylife09

Member Name: ditsylife09
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Soundtrack to ABC WWoD Cinderella?  Jan 5 2021, 08:02:42 PM
There is indeed a unreleased studio soundtrack. I've got the entire thing on my YouTube page, ripped from limewire back in the day. Some songs have entirely different arrangements to the finished film. Much more 90s pop feel to it. On my YouTube channel I have mediafire links for each song in the description box. Although an official release someday would be great.
New Shows to do in the Round?  May 8 2020, 03:32:06 PM

North Shore Music Theatre, that's all I've got to say. Top of the line, in the round productions since the 1990s.

Allegiance DVD  May 8 2020, 03:29:43 PM
Received my box set today. My copy is missing several items. I've emailed customer service. Has anyone else had this happen?
THE SECRET GARDEN (BARBARA COOK RECORDING)  Jan 26 2020, 03:34:17 PM
Sorry to bring up a dead thread.

Anyone by chance have a PDF of the score? Not available for purchase outside of producing the show itself from what I can see.

Please and thank you.

Dream Jukebox Musical  Nov 26 2019, 08:59:20 PM
A Wildhorn/Linda Eder catalogue musical surrounding the whereabouts of the song "Vienna" set to the plot of A Little Night Music. Have made a plot outline, listen to my "cast recording" often.
Should there be a SHOW BOAT revival anytime soon?  Oct 8 2018, 04:24:07 AM
There is the 2015 San Francisco Opera production on DVD, not live on stage but a fantastic version preserved on film. Has had a few other short sit down "revivals" since. I was lucky enough to see it in Dallas, TX a few years ago, a great treat!
'Emma' musical (Paul Gordon) will be streamed  Sep 29 2018, 10:42:51 AM
Bump as its happening in less than a week.
Emma Stone Waitress?  May 18 2018, 03:08:54 PM
Ok, since I'm an idiot I first read thinking it said, "Emma Rossum." Now that could be interesting.
King Kong Casting  Apr 24 2018, 08:25:32 PM
That may be, but its not to say that aspect isn't there. Its always been there. Books like To Kill A Mockingbird wouldn't be a thing otherwise.

In regards to this particular show, I don't mind. Cast whoever you want, the puppet will outshine them anyway.

King Kong Casting  Apr 24 2018, 07:51:15 PM

"we are def color blind casting..which means not white people." After the whole Sierra Boggess thing, I whole heartedly agree.

Since when is King Kong not about race? Read some on film analysis, its always been about race. A white woman and an "other."

Karen Grigsby Bates talking about King Kong and race, "a big, black ape who falls in love with a willowy white woman. The unspoken fear about black-white sexual relations has been remarked on by film histo

Sierra Boggess to play Maria in West Side Story in London  Apr 23 2018, 06:24:33 PM
Missed opportunity. She would have sung the score beautifully. Reminds me of Prince of Egypt a couple years ago. A FREE one night only concert reading to let the show be heard. Canceled days later because the cast was "too white." Just let talented people sing the score. Its a concert.
Best movie adaptations of plays  Apr 9 2018, 12:54:16 PM
Noises Off. Can't beat that cast.

Long Day's Journey Into Night. Once again, can't beat the catst.

JCS Live In Concert soundtrack released 4/6  Apr 7 2018, 12:32:24 PM
I too would prefer the studio recording release.
Creating a Newsies Fan Album!  Mar 25 2018, 09:33:24 PM
Guys, calm your tits. This is no different than uploading a cover sing on YouTube. Sounds fun!!
Is the musical YANK! worth seeing?  Jan 6 2018, 09:28:19 PM
A very delightful, old fashioned musical set during WWII. A love story between two soldiers, romantic ballads, tap dancing and dream ballets included. Watch it, enjoy it.
The Light In The Piazza PBS Broadcast Help  Dec 13 2017, 02:54:22 PM
I sent a link in a pm
Elaine Stritch at Liberty DVD question  Jun 22 2017, 03:18:12 AM

https://youtu.be/JqVhLjK4ymQ

http://phfilms.com/films/elaine-stritch-at-liberty/

Where can this be found? This was my first introduction to this marvelous performance and found the backstage bits very interesting. It was on HBO on demand for about two months. I'd love to see it again but can't seem to find anything but the full stage show.

Finding neverland  Nov 14 2016, 06:05:30 PM

Sylvia Llewelyn Davies has just gotten home from a dinner party with her mother and children housed by J.M. Barrie.  At the party Barrie teaches the kids about imagination and such "We Own the Night" in the show, the boys get rowdy on the way home.  Sylvia and her mother get in an argument about her budding relationship with Barrie and the effect he might be having on her chances to get remarried as well as her children.  It also hints at her impending illness, h

Two ideas for musical adaptations of movies  Jul 8 2016, 01:15:04 PM

Two original ideas, great movies.  Little Manhattan, music by Jason Robert Brown or Michael John LaChiusa.  On another note I always thought the play, Miss Julie, would make a great musical.

Actors who were fired from/left roles  Apr 19 2016, 11:15:29 AM

Melissa Errico in the off-Broadway revival of Passion.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You