News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for vampire musical

Member Name: vampire musical
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Looking for beta testers for Mezzanine, my new Theater Diary app  Jul 9 2019, 11:42:33 AM

What a great concept! Love your concept! I'm another Android user eager to try it out :)

Tonys Black Tie?  Jun 6 2019, 03:26:53 PM
Just wear a nice suit. Preferably black. No one is policing the attire. You'll just stand out by not wearing a tux or black suit. But you'll have no problem getting in. Have fun!
The Princess Bride  Mar 26 2019, 11:10:01 AM

They've been working on it for YEARS. Like over a decade. I think Adam Guettel was attached as the composer back in 2005-2007. Not sure how many composers they've gone through. But it's somewhat encouraging they made an annoucement about it (again). 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/24/19  Feb 25 2019, 05:52:20 PM

HogansHero said: "That waitress number was not a real one even 3 years ago; it was a pre-production number that may or may not be close to reality."

If the weekly running costs go up after production starts and don't match what was in the offering documents, do the producers have an obligation to let the investors know? Or do the investors just find out when they get a financial update months after the fact?

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/24/19  Feb 25 2019, 03:19:52 PM

Last week had a 3-day holiday weekend, so one reason could be there were more tourists in town last week purchasing tickets and attending shows. 

King Kong has several deep pocket producers above the title. The show will last as long as the producers continue to cover any short fall between the weekly gross and the weekly running cost. 

Merrily We Roll Along REVIEWS  Feb 20 2019, 03:26:19 PM

I (shamefully) have never seen this show on stage. For some reason or another I've missed various opportunities to see productions both professional and amatuer over the years.

All I want to know is: If you've never seen the show and aren't that familiar with the music but want to see a production, is this a "good enough" production to see? Or should I hold out? I hate seeing terrible productions of good shows as a first experience. 

Be more chill grosses guy  Feb 19 2019, 11:34:00 AM

And the weekly running cost is below some plays currently on Broadway so with those numbers they will be just fine for quite some time. They already know what the reviews will be because they were reviewed in NY. So really they need word of mouth to spread beyond the teen fanbase and they need parents to hear that it's fun for them too. That's the message this show needs to survive. 

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews  Feb 19 2019, 10:27:37 AM

I've heard the running costs for this are extremely low. Little more than some plays. If they can keep up over $100K gross per performance then they are in for a long healthy run

SLAVE PLAY on Broadway?  Dec 22 2018, 01:54:50 PM
Why would Rudin transfer it? There are already producers attached who enhanced the production at NYTW and I'm assuming they have the right to transfer it.
TORCH SONG- announces January 6th closing date.  Dec 5 2018, 10:38:40 AM
If I were the producers of Girl From the North Country I'd scoop up the Hayes stat. Heard that that show was taking the Lunt for a limited run. Totally wrong choice.
What's next for the Circle In The Square?  Nov 28 2018, 04:54:44 PM

Why would Girl From The North Country take the Lunt if they have to get out by Fall 2019 for TINA??? That would make it incredibly hard for the show to even have the potential to recoup. 

What should take Circle: Carmen Jones

New Be More Chill artwork  Nov 27 2018, 01:12:14 PM

I get what they were going for and I'm sure the marketing team could wax poetic on the subtle cultural nods and influences of the design. While I love me some synthwave pop/vaporwave aesthetic (gimme that magenta and moody electric blue), the overall design is poorly executed. The Muse poster above is a gorgeous work of pop art. Whereas, the BMC rebrand looks like something quickly slapped together in photoshop.

Are they making it more 80s to appeal to milennials and genXers?

What's Next for the Hudson?  Nov 27 2018, 01:01:54 PM

To the folks saying Hadestown is next for the Kerr, have you actually heard this or just wishful thinking??

I LOVE that show, but I don't see them turning it around for a spring opening to take the Kerr in the National run ends Jan 26. 

If you could go back to one performance...  Nov 19 2018, 03:04:13 PM

Performance I'd like to see again: Hamilton preview at the Public. Can't remeber which preview I saw but seeing that show before all the buzz (and not knowing the songs) was priceless. I remember after the final black out the man sitting next to me whispered "Jesus!". What an experience. 

Performance I wish I could have seen: Raul Julia in Nine (or really any Broadway performance by Raul Julia --

Dance of the Vampires  Oct 31 2018, 01:00:36 PM

THE BEST MUSICAL OF ALL TIME!  /s

The Broadway version was hokey and just couldn't relax into the dry humor of the European version (which I have yet to see on stage and have only seen clips of) as others have said.

Sounds like I need a trip to Berlin 

NERDS musical files $5 million dollar lawsuit  Oct 30 2018, 12:16:53 PM

HogansHero thanks for these thoughts but I still have questions:

1. Yes, this is often true, but I have first hand knowledge that a play from Off-Bway was trying to transfer that season and was in talks with the Shuberts who own the Longacre. So, this theatre in particular was wanted. There may have been other shows in the wings as well as there usually are. 

2. I understand that many shows still raise during previews. However, those shows usually

NERDS musical files $5 million dollar lawsuit  Oct 30 2018, 05:10:08 AM
I just want to know how Carl Levin got a theater. Didn't the Shuberts ask for some kind of proof that he had sufficient funds in the bank? Or did he provide fraudulent documents? My understanding is that it's incredibly hard to get a theater for a first time lead producer and that you have to have a certain percentage of the capitalization in the bank. Giving the production a theater gave legitimacy to his claims of having raised the $6.2 million since an investor would reasonably assume the the
Making a flight at JFK after a show  Oct 19 2018, 04:03:18 PM

Don't mess with Uber or the subway on a Sunday. Take the LIRR as HogansHero suggested above. Hands down the best way to get to JFK. Though keep in mind you will need to take the AirTrain from Jamaica station to the actual airport. And sometimes that is slow. 

Roles for King Kong?  Oct 15 2018, 03:13:24 PM

Phantom. 

Those sensitive, sad eyes behind the mask. Imagine it. Then the reveal that he's really a 13ft gorilla puppet. 

Musicals without Romance  Oct 12 2018, 01:17:07 AM
American Psycho
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You