News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BeukyBaby

Member Name: BeukyBaby
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2019 Tony Award Nominations and Snubs  Apr 30 2019, 09:53:02 AM

Re: getting a nomination for a play and a musical in the same year: Dana Ivey did it back in 1984, for Heartbreak House and Sunday In the Park With George!

Songs That Sound An Awful Lot Like Other Songs  Mar 21 2019, 05:35:08 PM
I've always thought Moonfall from Drood and With Every Breath I Take from City of Angels sounded very similar. Does anyone else hear it?
Audra in Concert  May 8 2018, 06:51:40 PM

Thank you for your wonderful report, OlBlueEyes! Can't wait for this album.

BTW, it was Barbara Harris in the original On a Clear Day. :)

THE BAND'S VISIT Previews  Oct 22 2017, 09:11:58 AM

Any info on a cast recording yet? I love all of my Yazbeck cast albums, and can't wait to hear this.

Worst song ever written for a musical  Oct 21 2017, 01:12:12 PM

Can't believe no one has mentioned this past season's worst song, Dinosaurs from War Paint. I cringed in my seat listening to that one, and I felt so bad for Douglas Sills and John Dossett. And then Terry Teachout calls it out as the show's best song in his review! Just goes to show how much credibility Teachout has...

Favorite Cast Recording of the 16/17 Season?  Jun 30 2017, 02:18:28 AM

Hello, Dolly!, for sure. It transports me back to one of the most magical evenings I've ever had in a theater. I know many think it's lackluster, but I don't.

Also, I'm rather shocked to see people on this board referring to "soundtracks" in this thread. Every time you call a cast recording a soundtrack, a chorus boy tears his ACL.

Hello Dolly Merchandise  Jun 20 2017, 10:20:32 AM

Does anyone know how I could get a copy of the souvenir program shipped to me in far off Minnesota?

Hello Dolly Merchandise  Jun 19 2017, 09:12:39 PM

Ohhhh, I wish they were selling the souvenir book in the online store!

Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording  May 8 2017, 11:17:56 AM

I'm seeing conflicting release dates for the CD. Amazon and Barnes and Noble have it listed as this Friday, May 12, but Best Buy says June 2nd. Anyone know which is correct?

Hello Dolly 2017 Cast Recording  May 7 2017, 05:03:59 PM

Amazon has a Friday release date for the CD. I hope that's right; I'm looking forward to picking up a copy on Friday!

Who was the best understudy you have ever seen?  May 4 2017, 11:16:13 AM

I saw the revival Cabaret its closing weekend, beginning of January, 2004. Adam Pascal started the show as the Emcee, and then halfway through the first act, at the end of Perfectly Marvelous, the show came to a halt and they held for five or ten minutes. Then an announcement was made that Vance Avery was going on in the role of the Emcee. Apparently, as I learned later at the stage door, Adam Pascal had injured himself backstage, and Vance had to go on. They started again from the end of Per

GREAT COMET -  Apr 26 2017, 10:15:18 AM

Is anyone else struck by Amber's uncanny resemblance to a young Eartha Kitt in this video? We need a Kitt biopic starring Amber Gray, stat!

SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION Reviews  Apr 25 2017, 09:20:06 PM

And once again Jeffrey just posts a bunch of links with no commentary. Anyone care to post those reviews the correct way?

Way too early 2017 Tony predictions  Apr 21 2017, 11:17:01 AM

Regarding nominations for Featured Actress in a Musical, I see Amber Gray and Brittain Ashford's names bandied about for Great Comet, but how about Grace McLean? She really blew me away the whole show, especially with her searing "In My House" number. Any buzz around her? She's astounding.

HELLO, DOLLY! Reviews  Apr 20 2017, 05:16:51 PM

Do we really have to keep pretending that Terry Teachout has any credibility? This is a man who said "Dinosaurs" was the best part of War Paint. Wake me when a real critic posts their review.

No Lady Day rush today  Jul 15 2014, 07:33:39 AM
I got to Circle In the Square early today, and there was a sign on the door saying no rush today. Bummer! Just wanted to warn anyone else with similar plans!
Gentleman's Guide Rush  Jul 12 2014, 01:21:14 PM
Does anyone have any advice for Sunday morning rush? Do people still start lining up around 6 or 7 for rush when the box office opens at noon? Thanks so much!
LADY DAY rush  Jul 8 2014, 06:05:40 PM
Anyone had any experiences with the LADY DAY rush? How busy it gets and what time is best to get to Circle In the Square?
Gentleman's Guide Rush  Jul 8 2014, 06:02:46 PM
Has rush become harder to get with the Tony win? I'm coming to town for a visit next week, and was going to try rushing on a Thursday morning.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You