News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for shiz_student94

shiz_student94 Profile Photo
Member Name: shiz_student94
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.freewebs.com/tinamaddigan
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Chicago's Next Elphaba?
 Dec 28 2008, 05:45:02 PM
Last I heard Dee is closing the production in Chicago in January.
re: SHREK Understudies
 Dec 28 2008, 05:39:29 PM
As of this past week, everyone was in and well.
You could very well see ensemble and fairy tale creatures out with their swings, etc. in. As far as the leads go, I can't speculate anything. You never know!

re: For Those of You Who Have Seen 'Billy Elliot' at the Imperial Theatre..
 Dec 28 2008, 05:34:44 PM
It appeared to be a small theatre to me, so I can't imagine any seat would be too bad.
I saw on the right side, all the way to the side I believe in...5th row? The smoke bothered me, but any second-hand smoke bugs me big time.
The stage was VERY low- I can't say I've ever seen a lower stage if my memory serves me correctly. I agree it appeared to be about eye level with the 1st row. Before the show there was a rather rude lady who was actually sitting on the edge of the stage, just to

re: Shrek Lottery - Adding Tickets!
 Dec 14 2008, 11:30:19 AM
"Also, pardon my ignorance but how exactly does one get comps other than knowing someone. I've read about papering sites, but I don't know where to find those. Thanks."

Dito..I feel ignorant and low asking, but I'm very interested in this? I've never heard of sites. If anyone has any info, please share? Thanks!

re: 'Wicked' - San Francisco & New Tour Casts PLUS Future Replacements
 Nov 28 2008, 04:49:22 PM
Before I got to the replacement casting of the 1st Natl. Tour, I thought this was for real...Even though so many of those names seemed ridiculous. But hey, it was nice to believe Jenny Powers was going to tour with the show :] HA.
re: Toro
 Nov 22 2008, 07:36:51 PM
I am also excited for this CD! I've only been waiting since August. She has an amazing voice!
re: is white christmas lottery or rush?
 Nov 22 2008, 07:33:59 PM
How much are the tickets and where are the seats?
re: shrek lottery
 Nov 22 2008, 07:28:21 PM
Does anyone know where the seats are located? I already have tickets for the 23rd of December but I'm hoping to win lotto as well.
re: Official Shrek The Musical Thread
 Aug 10 2008, 05:43:57 PM
Before the cast was announced I was pretty much dreading this...but since Sutton is in it I know have reason to see it. The orchestra tests are pretty good! Agreed, the lyrics do need some work...but they have time to revise. I'm rather excited now! The cast is just fantastic!
re: Nicest Broadway Person You've Met Somewhere besides Stagedoor
 Aug 10 2008, 05:37:31 PM
Hm. I recognized Robyn Hurder at a stage door other than her own back in 2007. She was the sweetest!
Not Broadway, but in February 2007 I recognized Kate Fahrner (WICKED in Chicago. Glinda for some weeks before Annaleigh) on a train platform. Before I knew her and before she knew who I was...she was on her phone but I approached her anyway, and she ended her call and talked with me the whole ride until she reached her destination. She was (and still is!) the sweetest!

re: When is Christian Borle leaving Legally Blonde? And how can I meet him?
 Aug 10 2008, 05:27:15 PM
To make a long story short, I stage doored BEFORE a performance back in July 2007 so I could get Becky & Richard. I decided if I caught Christian I'd ask him too. So up he walked, I asked for a photo and autograph, and he seemed very sweet and gracious, especially considering the fact that this was before a show. Up until now I had never heard anything about him not stage dooring, nor had I heard about him doing so either.

Anyway. I agree an actor should not be required to exit the sta

re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
 Jul 19 2008, 10:28:48 PM
I'm kinda psyched for this..I hope I get to see it in late August when I'm back in the city!! This closing cast is going to be amazing.
re: What is the next long running show to close?
 Jun 28 2008, 09:10:49 AM
I don't pay attention to weekly numbers and attendence and such, but Spamalot has been doing a lot of 'stunt' casting recently, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if it didn't last to 2009. As soon as Clay left they brought in Stephen & Drew...just a top of the head assumption it's not at it's best.
re: is sending a birthday card considered stalking
 Jun 11 2008, 07:35:12 PM
I personally wouldn't find it creepy. I'd be flattered...at least, at this point in time I would be. But there is nothing wrong with sending a sweet, simple note with well birthday wishes.
...Scrapbooks are not always a good thing, but some actors do keep them! Condensed version of a story I could make long: There is this actress, and I started out as a fan. I recognized her in NYC blocks away from her theatre, and it went from there...we chatted, exchanged emails, and she got us tickets to

re: Did you go to High School with any of these stars?
 Jun 8 2008, 08:21:57 AM
I got that last weekend! Haha I totally FLIPPED! I was soo excited to have Broadway actors getting national recognition! It's a pretty sweet article!!
re: What Showtunes Would Be On Your Debut CD?
 Jun 7 2008, 09:37:31 PM
So many options!
(If it has to be all showtunes)

In somewhat of a scraggly order!

'I Have A Dream' - Mamma Mia!
'Not For The Life Of Me' - Thoroughly Modern Millie
'Portrait of A Girl' - BARE
'Part of Your World' - The Little Mermaid
'Once Upon A Time' -BKLYN
'So Much Better' - Legally Blonde
'Astonishing' - Little Women
'Without You' - RENT
'Some Things Are Meant To Be' -Little Women
'If I Told You' - The Wedding Singer
'Legally Blon

re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
 May 12 2008, 09:12:59 PM
Well, if stand-bys don't count...
I agree with those who have mentioned Teen Angel in Grease. That is for sure the least amount of time I recall an actor on stage in a show I've seen. Less than 5 minutes...Wow. Stephen is very good, though!

who have you gotten stuff back from?
 May 12 2008, 09:08:14 PM
I third kean's comment!
...recieved two personalized photos from Stephanie J. Block today! Quite a nice surprise...it took just over a month, but definitley worth the wait!

May 8 2008, 09:14:53 PM
Oh yay, today I recieved a signed playbill and card from Casey Quinn, Wicked in Chicago ensemble member! Very sweet! Took a couple weeks.
 May 8 2008, 05:37:24 PM
I used to type fan letters...granted, legibility and ease, but I find it more sincere, real and dear when it's hand written, especially if it's a long letter...The actors may take you more serious and find you to be a true fan, haha. If I were the one getting the letters, I'd much appreciate hand written notes, so I look at it that way. Now whenever I send to ANYONE I always put up with the pain and write out my lengty letters :]

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You