#1shrek lottery
Posted: 11/22/08 at 2:57pm

anyone know anything about this?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/22/08 at 4:49pm

What do you want to know?

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#2re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/22/08 at 6:04pm

The lottery takes place on the third floor of M&M World on the corner of 48th and Broadway the morning of the show. They take names from 9-10am and draw at 10am. They draw 8 names for 16 tickets (unless there are people there wanting only one ticket, of course). The tickets are $26.50.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

ashley0139
#3re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/22/08 at 6:09pm

For Wednesdays and Saturdays, do they draw for both shows at the same time?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#4re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/22/08 at 6:22pm

Yes, and you can only enter one.

Ole Chum
#5re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/22/08 at 6:27pm

has it been crowded?

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#6re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/22/08 at 6:58pm

I've been twice and both times there were only like 15-20 people there. And I still lost both times!!! Just my luck.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

shiz_student94
#7re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/22/08 at 7:28pm

Does anyone know where the seats are located? I already have tickets for the 23rd of December but I'm hoping to win lotto as well.

"Sing 'till you're breaking glass or you're breaking down"

Luckydave14
#8re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/22/08 at 9:08pm

I have heard that the seats are in the front row of the orchestra on just one side, and then the boxes.

ifuweregay93
#9re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/22/08 at 9:59pm

Are you coolkid after reincarnation?

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#10re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/22/08 at 10:00pm

"Are you coolkid after reincarnation?"

That wasn't funny, nor did it make since.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#11re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/22/08 at 10:55pm

It is the front row on both sides and the boxes. They are obstructed view (though sitting on your coat does help if you're in the front row seats).

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

ifuweregay93
#12re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/22/08 at 11:27pm

Well, I guess you win some and lose some.

taysa9
#13re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/27/08 at 9:42pm

I'm going for the lottery tomorrow either for the 2pm or 8pm show. I hope I get it!

By the way I don't have my ID with me in NY but when my brother did the lottery for another show they just showed his moms ID, would that work for this show if I just show my mom's ID?

"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

rentheadca
#14re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/27/08 at 9:44pm

It depends on the show and your age...

taysa9
#15re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/27/08 at 9:45pm

Well it's Shrek and I'm 17. I have a license I just didn't think I would need it here

"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#16re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/27/08 at 11:41pm

I did the lottery on Wednesday morning for the matinee show (the only show on Wednesday). There was a crowd, but probably no more than 20-30 entries. The woman who does the lottery is basically a mess. She screwed up on the count (assumed too many people wanted two tickets, when quite a few wanted one) and most people ending up leaving and she kept calling names but people left. And there is no enthusiasm.

My friend and I were second to last on the line and we got seats 1 & 2 in the box, which weren't terrible but they were definitely obstructed. Luckily, during intermission we moved down to two open seats in center orchestra, row H.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#17re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/28/08 at 1:33am

taysa9, they won't let you use your mom's ID. They will let your mom use your moms ID. If your mom's not going to be there and it's just you going with her ID, it could work if you have a credit card or another ID without a picture.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#18re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/28/08 at 6:48am

Well, Just_John seems to contradict himself there... taysa9, they won't let you use your mom's ID. They will let your mom use your moms ID. Um, WHAT?

The only time I have ever seen a lottery accept a parent's ID for a child, the child was below hip-height and obviously very young and without an ID. BUT both child and parent were there.

I'm 99% sure they will NOT accept a parent's ID for a TEENAGER. Especially if the parent is not there.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 11/28/08 at 06:48 AM

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#19re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/28/08 at 7:07am

For a 17 year old they won't do it. I remember I was about 11 and I did the lottery for Rent with my Dad and I won and I didn't have any ID. He showed the last name for me and they gave us the ticket. Also at Rent they have been pretty nice to me when I didn't have any ID an I was on my own. But I don't think they would do that anywhere else.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#20re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/28/08 at 7:33am

I don't understand lotteries for obstructed view seats. I mean, if you want to sell the obstructed view seats on the day of the performance for a discount when the box office opens (the way BOEING-BOEING does), I can understand that.

But the idea of getting up early in the morning, taking the time to enter a lottery with hopes that you can WIN the chance to PAY to see PART of the show just seems absurd.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#21re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/28/08 at 6:30pm

FWIW ~ At least for now you CAN enter both lotteries on a 2-show day. But you can only win once. And if you're picked for both you can't switch. They do the matinee first, so if you're picked for that one, that's it. You can't switch to the evening show if your name is drawn then too. (Unless you make friends with someone who wins at night but will see the matinee ~ then you just buy your tickets and swap them.)

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

taysa9
#22re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/28/08 at 8:15pm

Yea they didn't let me use my moms ID (although they did for Hairspray) but we won anyway :)

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#23re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/28/08 at 9:29pm

Even the baby whose name was drawn today at the Shrek lottery had an ID! :) A legit state-issued ID. It was cute.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

coolkid11776
#24re: shrek lottery
Posted: 11/28/08 at 9:35pm

Do they offer any center or full view seats with the lotto? How bad are the obstructed view seats?
Also do they pick your seats for you based on what # they pick your card?

Has it been packed for Saturday Mat's?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

Videos